WWE 2K16

RussTCB

Did anyone else waste their time with this? I read fairly positive reviews but heard bad things from people I know how played it. Decided to take a swing at renting it and SO glad I didn't buy it. I played it for maybe 2 hours and was completely bored. It's so slow and unresponsive. Why can't they just make a wrestling game as good as the mid-90s N64 games?!

Redbox wins again as I only wasted $3 on this shit.

I'm enjoying it, I much preferred the changes they made from '12-2k14 series. I was surprised by the reviews though, there was a lot of hate for 2k15 across the board, and the gameplay didn't really change other than allowing for more strategy in reversals, otherwise all the additions are content and creation suite stuff (for the better). I would've thought if you didn't like the fundamental gameplay of 2k15 you wouldn't like this, but a lot of the reviews seemed to think it fixed it. I'm not sure the difference is really there, but I enjoyed 2k15 as well. For me, the best WWE games are Smackdown! 2: Know Your Role and Here Comes The Pain by a mile.

Then again, F1 2015 got slated by reviewers because it stripped the career mode, despite having the best gameplay and AI of any F1 game by an absolute mile and loved by a lot of the fans of the sport and F1 games. Watching the reviews talk about it was an absolute joke, so I don't know how much that applies here. I can see all the reasons why you'd dislike 2k16.

I'm enjoying it, I much preferred the changes they made from '12-2k14 series. I was surprised by the reviews though, there was a lot of hate for 2k15 across the board, and the gameplay didn't really change other than allowing for more strategy in reversals, otherwise all the additions are content and creation suite stuff (for the better). I would've thought if you didn't like the fundamental gameplay of 2k15 you wouldn't like this, but a lot of the reviews seemed to think it fixed it. I'm not sure the difference is really there, but I enjoyed 2k15 as well. For me, the best WWE games are Smackdown! 2: Know Your Role and Here Comes The Pain by a mile.

Then again, F1 2015 got slated by reviewers because it stripped the career mode, despite having the best gameplay and AI of any F1 game by an absolute mile and loved by a lot of the fans of the sport and F1 games. Watching the reviews talk about it was an absolute joke, so I don't know how much that applies here. I can see all the reasons why you'd dislike 2k16.

I didn't play 2K15, but I noticed that about the reviews too. I even read one that praised the fact that they didn't change the game play from last year but then went on to shit on last years game play. It was odd lol.

I played it a little more this afternoon and had a little more fun. Once you get used to the controls, it's a lot easier to deal with how slow it moves. Still not wild about the reversal system, but it'll get the job done I guess. My favorite part of the game so far was that they had like 4 Ultimate Warrior variants right at the start.

I loved 2K15 but playing online was awful. I don't know how I got that trophy.

I'm enjoying 2K16 at the moment. I'm devastated that you have to manage how you use your reversals.

MyCareer mode is enjoyable too but I'd probably rage quit if I had to get a five star match every week.

I'm a Steve Austin fan so to play the majority of his career in the game was a highlight.

Here Comes The Pain was a lot of fun. I still think that game had the best control scheme of any post-N64 wrestling game which made all the difference compared to the later Smackdown vs. Raw entries. It's biggest flaw was the lack of commentary but the roster and gameplay were great.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can turn off that reversal system in one of the menus. It only got put in because matches were just an absolute reverse-fest in 2k15, it was a pain. I like the strategy in it, but I don't like the fact that some people have less than others. Everyone should just start with five and they recharge as normal (maybe have "better" people recharge a bit more quickly).

Did anyone else waste their time with this? I read fairly positive reviews but heard bad things from people I know how played it. Decided to take a swing at renting it and SO glad I didn't buy it. I played it for maybe 2 hours and was completely bored. It's so slow and unresponsive. Why can't they just make a wrestling game as good as the mid-90s N64 games?!

Have you played WWE All-Stars? (360, ps3, wii) The gameplay is much more arcadey so better for the casual gamer like myself, also it has some cut scenes with Paul Bearer

Have you played WWE All-Stars? (360, ps3, wii) The gameplay is much more arcadey so better for the casual gamer like myself, also it has some cut scenes with Paul Bearer

That might be the last wrestling game I played before this actually. I completely forgot about it until you mentioned it. I didn't mind the controls on that at all. I don't even hate the controls on this overall, but it's just SO slowwwwwwwwwwww. That coupled with the weird reversal system bums me out.

The WWF Smackdown games were the best on the PSX. I loved the Season Modes with your created character and being able to have side stories and shit. Of course the best to me was WWF Wrestlemania on the 64 and of course Revenge. Those games were absolutely badass. So many good memories with those.

• 4 weeks later...

I played this a couple times, but haven't touched it in a while. The submission gimmick sucks. It took me 20 minutes to get fucking General Adnan to submit with a CAW at 100%. And then I didn't even get the achievement for making someone submit without a signature or finisher.

I'm sure I'll eventually go back to it, it'd be a waste of money if I didn't, but I'm caught up in Destiny right now.

No Mercy 64 was my favorite. It was basically just an updated Wrestlemania 2000 though.

Omg yes. I've wasted at least 3 quarters of my childhood playing No Mercy. I was absolutely gutted few years back when I found out my sister sold it when I moved out. Had so many great CAWs on there.