Earliest you can put up christmas decorations?

wasted

Last christmas i gave you hiv, the very next day you gave it to someone else, this year to save me from tears im going to be putting my decorations later than everyone or maybe not at all. A few hip hop beats and we have a Xmas no 1!!!

Don't give HIV to those gay dudes.

December 1st is ideal, but I suppose anytime after the American Thanksgiving is when it starts to feel like the right season for Christmas. I can understand the principle of getting lights up in early November just to avoid potential shitty weather for doing it, but all the same don't actually turn them on until it's actually the Christmas season.

Problem is as soon as I put decorations I have start drinking. Which means christmas day ill be a mess. But if I wait til xmas then I can go until new years eve. I did vow to go out every night in Dec once and that was great but January was misery.

So it's not christmas until I say so goddamn it.

Problem is as soon as I put decorations I have start drinking. Which means christmas day ill be a mess. But if I wait til xmas then I can go until new years eve. I did vow to go out every night in Dec once and that was great but January was misery.

So it's not christmas until I say so goddamn it.

What do you mean you have to start drinking? You don't fucking stop anyway its just continuous so what difference will it make :lol:

I just found out that when you have the Christmas tree lights on the flickering setting it knackers the wifi.

I have my last house guests coming on Sunday morning, and that means that the new house cards will come down the following Friday. Christmas tree will then be going up on the 12th or 13th.

I think that's pretty good timing really - it's up for 18 days as I will take it down on the 31st or 1st.

When do the rest of you take your decorations down?

I read some girl hung herself because she was allergic to wifi.

I mainly drink beer but once the lights or decorations are up im making white russians with baileys and drinking cooking sherry or brandy. You need a liitle bit to set fire to the pudding the rest you just down. Mulled wine too. Any excuse. Also I feel this urge to buy better quality beer and snacks. Also irish coffee in the mornings. Those boxes of liquors you get or minis. Give me a bottle of JD and a Bond movie and drink til I can't feel my legs. Ah christmas what a holiday.

• Like 1

I have my last house guests coming on Sunday morning, and that means that the new house cards will come down the following Friday. Christmas tree will then be going up on the 12th or 13th.

I think that's pretty good timing really - it's up for 18 days as I will take it down on the 31st or 1st.

When do the rest of you take your decorations down?

By New Years day I don't want to see anything Christmas related anywhere in the house. I love Christmas so much that the beginning of January is normally a downer but my son is due to be born early Jan so this year I'll be buzzing all the way through.

• Like 1

Isn't there an actual prescribed time you're supposed to put em up? Or is that with the taking down of them?

Yeah, taking them down before January 5th, 12th night.

Might wear my mistletoe belt again, IDK, I don't really do decorations.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Isn't there an actual prescribed time you're supposed to put em up? Or is that with the taking down of them?

After American Thanksgiving but I'm thinking the advent calendar starts Dec 1. So the official date is way too early to start downing bottles of JD.

Always try to work xmas day. Triple pay!

After American Thanksgiving but I'm thinking the advent calendar starts Dec 1. So the official date is way too early to start downing bottles of JD.,,

tumblr_nfcgl4JlLJ1qzag1wo1_500.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've been to Brighton..

They call it 'Croydon-on-Sea'... (in Croydon, sometimes).. Because it's like the closest coastal town/city to Croydon...

I've been there countless times... So many times in my life.

It's like San Francisco of the UK too, because it's Gay and Proud...

But...

OMG!..

Mine still aren't up. We're not having anyone visit until 27th December, so no rush.

I'm in thinking about decorating, for Christmas...

Mistletoe belts?

But I was tempted... But there really is no point.

So the fact that I'm tempted, like 10% if that temptation to decorate this year... But that's 9.9% more than any other year bar a mistletoe belt idea...

Edited by Snake-Pit