Songs of their solo careers the original guys could play on reunion tour?

Sweet caress for sure. Would be awesome. Fun song to play on guitar, too bad I've never found a tab for that solo.

Duff would have to take dead skin. That whole album was pretty awesome IMO.

Slash, you got no right from velvet revolver would be cool. Maybe fall to pieces. Mean Bone could be cool. Always loved that song despite the simple riff.

Axl, maybe street of dreams. Sounds like one of the older style guns songs off Chinese IMO. Catcher would work too. I just have a hard time imagining a lot of the Chinese material being slashs "style".

Edited by Gunner55

This is literally the exact same thread I had merged instantly. with "Dream set list"

I knew it was personal.

No, not really. The intention was for people to put forward songs from the guy's solo catalogue that they could play live to add to the set list - a bit of variety instead of more ACDC covers. Songs they could have Axl sing on or even do back-up vocals. There are heaps of cool Slash songs but some of them might be a bit unrealistic for Axl to pull-off these days. I think slow songs for Axl would be better. It must be hard doing fast vocals, like the end of You Could Be Mine, when your'e over 50. Even Cornell, Hetfield and others cant do live what they did 20 yrs ago...

Time Gone By I think could have been a hit for GNR. It's another twist on the Patience Wild Horses, it have been there As Tears Go By.

Cool for a reunion. Do you remember when time was all we had?

Slash could do Safari Inn intro before Civil War.

Axl could do TIL before Paradise City.

Edited by wasted

This is literally the exact same thread I had merged instantly. with "Dream set list"

I knew it was personal.

No, not really. The intention was for people to put forward songs from the guy's solo catalogue that they could play live to add to the set list - a bit of variety instead of more ACDC covers. Songs they could have Axl sing on or even do back-up vocals. There are heaps of cool Slash songs but some of them might be a bit unrealistic for Axl to pull-off these days. I think slow songs for Axl would be better. It must be hard doing fast vocals, like the end of You Could Be Mine, when your'e over 50. Even Cornell, Hetfield and others cant do live what they did 20 yrs ago...

No I think you misunderstand, I did a thread about what songs you would like to see from their solo albums, the exact same thread and it was merged in minutes. I don't think your thread should be merged, and it was a terrible decision to merge mine. It was merged with the "Dream Set List" thread and it made no sense to do that. My dream set list is 4-5 non GnR songs?

I think this is a great discussion, and was asinine to merge. If we really want to be merge happy we can make a case to have 2 threads, original lineup and NU GnR. Who, and in what state of mind does someone merge a thread about GnR music on a GD GnR forum? "I feel we've touched on the whole music thing already, it's kind of played and we need to get this forum going in a new direction." It pissed me off that they merged this topic, a perfectly good one yet leave crap on the "News and Discussion" about what aging rocker claims he shat in Axl's cup in 1989. WTF?

I'd like to see Izzy perform "Shuffle it all" with him on vocals.

Beggars n hangers on with Axl

"The Punk Rock Song" from Duff with Axl on vocals - not so much because I like this song, it just sounds musically in line with what GnR is doing now. I think Axl would sound good on it.

Slither

CD with a Slash solo.

The other people's songs thing would raise an interesting financial situation in the case of of reunion. Arguably if a GNR featuring Slash and Duff were to play CD songs live it would increase exposure and sales via a new audience but out of the three only Axl will get royalties for this. Would it be only fair in that situation to then feature Slash/Duff solo work (maybe VR era) to give them the same boost?

Maybe neither side would care about this but it is potentially a consideration.

Axl doesn't compromise his musical vision. For him it's all about the integrity of his art. He doesn't do this for financial reasons.

I knew it was personal.

No I think you misunderstand, I did a thread about what songs you would like to see from their solo albums, the exact same thread and it was merged in minutes. I don't think your thread should be merged, and it was a terrible decision to merge mine. It was merged with the "Dream Set List" thread and it made no sense to do that. My dream set list is 4-5 non GnR songs?

I think this is a great discussion, and was asinine to merge. If we really want to be merge happy we can make a case to have 2 threads, original lineup and NU GnR. Who, and in what state of mind does someone merge a thread about GnR music on a GD GnR forum? "I feel we've touched on the whole music thing already, it's kind of played and we need to get this forum going in a new direction." It pissed me off that they merged this topic, a perfectly good one yet leave crap on the "News and Discussion" about what aging rocker claims he shat in Axl's cup in 1989. WTF?

I'd like to see Izzy perform "Shuffle it all" with him on vocals.

Beggars n hangers on with Axl

"The Punk Rock Song" from Duff with Axl on vocals - not so much because I like this song, it just sounds musically in line with what GnR is doing now. I think Axl would sound good on it.

Slither

CD with a Slash solo.

It's because there are 30-35 active topics. So the mods had to merge some some similar ones to keep the front page less crowded.