Poor man's

Blues

Nobody I have

Nobody to lose

Poor man's blues

I've got the poor man's

-blues

Edited by Snake-Pit

Muddy Waters gets my vote as my favorite.

Sweet Home Alabama and Freebird have completely fucked up people's perception of these boys.

Couldn't agree more.

I could almost say the same for Stairway to Heaven for these guys

Led Zeppelin's first album is mostly blues covers of old blues artists......

All these black poor guys from prehistoric times! Where is Eric - his strat, his armani suit and fifty nights at the Albert -when you need him? Blues for the British middle classes.

Clapton's a cunt, but he was always a great blues player. Also, George basically said he tried to record his new song at the time, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, and that it was crap. The way it went down in the studio with the other Beatles was crap. Couldn't do it and didn't even seem to care that much. The Beatles. Clapton was a big factor. He's a great musician, he always was.

Edited by Rovim

All these black poor guys from prehistoric times! Where is Eric - his strat, his armani suit and fifty nights at the Albert -when you need him? Blues for the British middle classes.

Rock is for the suburbs and hip hop is for the urban, and blues...

Is promodimilty for white people too afraid of hip hop to say 'I'm down with it'..

Ironically, there is no being down with anything in their predominantly white ivory tower.

Hip hop (and rap) are a shit stain on music.

Well... Your idea of blues seems to be a bunch of white guys from the suburbs getting down with their bad side so...

Who cares what you think of hip hop (or anything else for that matter)?

I was joking with my Clapton comment. My idea of blues is actually Wolf, Waters - most of the names mentioned in this thread in fact.

Hip hop (and rap) are a shit stain on music.

Well... Your idea of blues seems to be a bunch of white guys from the suburbs getting down with their bad side so...

Who cares what you think of hip hop (or anything else for that matter)?

I was joking with my Clapton comment. My idea of blues is actually Wolf, Waters - most of the names mentioned in this thread in fact.

Oh. :lol:

I'll take most hip hop pre 2005 over 99% of rock music since the early 90s. The peak of hip hop i.e. Mid to late 80s to late 90s is some of the best popular music ever produced, there was as much quality in hip hop throughout that era as any era in rock music post the late 60s.

Really and truly, after the 60s rock music was a load of bollocks, the only interesting stuff was what was going on in the fringes.

Edited by Len B'stard

I will always speak in defence of hip hop cuz it's the greatest thing to happen to popular music since...Jackie Brenston & His Delta Cats did Rocket 88. Hip Hop was a revolution in popular music, Punk, Reggae, Dance Music and then hip hop, post the late 70s these are the things that made popular music worth the time of day. Truly revolutional. Format busting, wiping out the rulebook and starting again.

Edited by Len B'stard

There is no music I dislike more than rap/hip hop (whatever the difference is?) except numetal, 1990's grunge and 1990's rave. In fact I think I hate rap more than rave? I would rather listen to the spice girls than gangster rap. Horrendous shit liked by pasty faced chavs pretending to be american black gangsters: baggy jeans; boxer shorts; baseball caps; effecting a black guy swagger walk (as if you have a carrot lodged up your rectum). ''Look at me, I'm from the hud''. No you're not, you are from North Shields. Cunts. Horrid music. Horrid people.

• Like 3