Richard Fortus: GN'R Will Probably Be Doing Something Next Year

TAGW: Which songs do you play on the Baritom?

Richard: Haven't used it live yet with G n’ R. I'm going to use it on “Oh My God” and “Silkworms” (from the forthcoming Chinese Democracy record) live. I've used it in the studio on the new BT record and also on the new Deep Dish record.

Yeah lol.....

Does anyone here follow Richard on FB or twitter? If that is the case. Please someone tell him to stop teeling us the same bullshit comments over and over again. Does he understand he is making a fool of himself? If he doing an interview and he doesn´t know jack shit. Well we are all better off if he just tells the truth. We´re not going to blame him for not knowing. There is nothing he can do about it, it´s not in his hands. We know how the band operates.

TAGW: Which songs do you play on the Baritom?

Richard: Haven't used it live yet with G n’ R. I'm going to use it on “Oh My God” and “Silkworms” (from the forthcoming Chinese Democracy record) live. I've used it in the studio on the new BT record and also on the new Deep Dish record.

Yeah lol.....

lol I remember that... Yeah thanks again fortus for getting my hopes up.

Another thing axl has sucked at is playing new songs on the set list.. God forbid I hear an atlas shrugged or soul monster.

I have to ask this: how many times is a "I have to ask it" or "I hate to ask this" going to be asked by an interviewer?

Found this old interview from 2003.

http://andersonguitars.com/cfpages/displayGOW.cfm?theDate=04/21/03&status=archive

I never saw the old band. I never owned a Guns record till I got the gig.

I was listening to an Eddie trunk podcast a little while back, and he said he was at dinner with a rock band ( twisted sister maybe?) and a fan actually approached them at the dinner table asking for an autograph and they started out with "I really hate being the type of person to do this but can I get an autograph" in which the rockstar responded with "if you hate to do it, then why are you doing it". Lmao it made my day..

I have to ask this: how many times is a "I have to ask it" or "I hate to ask this" going to be asked by an interviewer?

Found this old interview from 2003.

http://andersonguitars.com/cfpages/displayGOW.cfm?theDate=04/21/03&status=archive

I was listening to an Eddie trunk podcast a little while back, and he said he was at dinner with a rock band ( twisted sister maybe?) and a fan actually approached them at the dinner table asking for an autograph and they started out with "I really hate being the type of person to do this but can I get an autograph" in which the rockstar responded with "if you hate to do it, then why are you doing it". Lmao it made my day..

It's silly to go "I hate asking you".

Just ask.

Found this old interview from 2003. http://andersonguitars.com/cfpages/displayGOW.cfm?theDate=04/21/03&status=archive

It's silly to go "I hate asking you".

Just ask.

Agreed. That's why you do just ask. I can't remember what band it was though...

Some more of what Richard says in this interview....

GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist RICHARD FORTUS 'Gets Along Really Well' With AXL ROSE

GUNS N' ROSES and THE DEAD DAISIES guitarist Richard Fortus was recently interviewed by the Social lifestyle magazine. You can now listen to the chat in the YouTube clip below. A couple of excerpts follow (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET).

On how he felt when he was first asked to join GUNS N' ROSES in 2001:

"To be honest with you, it sort of wasn't my thing. I wasn't really… I wasn't into metal as a kid, I was sort of a punk rock kid, and all the bands that I was in were all very different; they weren't metal. So when I first got that call, I thought it was unusual, but it sort of made sense because of the people that were in that band at the time: Robin from NINE INCH NAILS, Tommy from THE REPLACEMENTS, Brain from PRIMUS. Those were all guys that I knew and [from] the same type of genre that I was in, so it sort of made sense. And Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES singer] sort of wanted that — he wanted a diverse type of thing. He didn't want guys that were just, you know, L.A. metal guys. 'Cause, you know, GN'R always had some roots in punk rock as well."

On his relationship with Axl Rose:

"We get along really well. You know, I guess we come from a very similar place as far as our influences and definitely relate on that level. And I think, essentially, with Axl, ultimately, that's all that really matters to him — is the music. So if we relate on that point, then everything else sort of falls into place."

On whether he thought he would stay in GUNS N' ROSES for as long as he has:

"I never really thought about it. And I've always done other things as well. Because I have to work; I just have to do stuff. Otherwise, I get really depressed, if I'm not working. So I've always done other things. And it always keeps it sort of fresh — when you can step outside of something and then come back to it. You have a new sense of appreciation for it, or a new perspective to add to it."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-guitarist-richard-fortus-gets-along-really-well-with-axl-rose/

• Like 1

Some more of what Richard says in this interview....

GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist RICHARD FORTUS 'Gets Along Really Well' With AXL ROSE

GUNS N' ROSES and THE DEAD DAISIES guitarist Richard Fortus was recently interviewed by the Social lifestyle magazine. You can now listen to the chat in the YouTube clip below. A couple of excerpts follow (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET).

On how he felt when he was first asked to join GUNS N' ROSES in 2001:

"To be honest with you, it sort of wasn't my thing. I wasn't really I wasn't into metal as a kid, I was sort of a punk rock kid, and all the bands that I was in were all very different; they weren't metal. So when I first got that call, I thought it was unusual, but it sort of made sense because of the people that were in that band at the time: Robin from NINE INCH NAILS, Tommy from THE REPLACEMENTS, Brain from PRIMUS. Those were all guys that I knew and [from] the same type of genre that I was in, so it sort of made sense. And Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES singer] sort of wanted that he wanted a diverse type of thing. He didn't want guys that were just, you know, L.A. metal guys. 'Cause, you know, GN'R always had some roots in punk rock as well."

On his relationship with Axl Rose:

"We get along really well. You know, I guess we come from a very similar place as far as our influences and definitely relate on that level. And I think, essentially, with Axl, ultimately, that's all that really matters to him is the music. So if we relate on that point, then everything else sort of falls into place."

On whether he thought he would stay in GUNS N' ROSES for as long as he has:

"I never really thought about it. And I've always done other things as well. Because I have to work; I just have to do stuff. Otherwise, I get really depressed, if I'm not working. So I've always done other things. And it always keeps it sort of fresh when you can step outside of something and then come back to it. You have a new sense of appreciation for it, or a new perspective to add to it."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-guitarist-richard-fortus-gets-along-really-well-with-axl-rose/

Well it definitely sounds like that if he's not in the band, no one let him know