Slash Lyrics

Babooshka

If you're looking for lyrics from the last two albums try a 15 year old girl's journal. Any one will do! They may not be exact but it should be darn close.

and if you're looking for lyrics from Axl, try a rich, bitter 40 something dude's diary. They may be exactly the same

"but i don't want to do eeeeet"

"So if you ask me why

She wouldn't say goodbye

And I know somewhere inside

There is a special light still shining bright

And even on the darkest night

She can't deny"

"They're out to get me

They won't catch me

I'm innocent

So you can

Suck me

Take that one to heart

"
"And then you tell me 'bout singin' the blues

You get what you pay for

An freedom's real high priced

An while your rippin' off children

Somebody's fuckin' your wife

It's never made a difference

It's only how you survive"

Thanks for the link.

I know Myles is said to write the lyrics, but many songs seem applicable to Slash. Of course it could be coincidence, the themes are often universal.

But Slash did say he wrote most of the first Snakepit album, which was about his life at the time. I kinda get the feeling he writes more lyrics than he lets on, or is at least heavily involved. Like Crucify The Dead.

• Like 1

If you're looking for lyrics from the last two albums try a 15 year old girl's journal. Any one will do! They may not be exact but it should be darn close.

Oh wow you're real funny.

Jackass.

Sorry, that WAS kind of a cheap shot when someone was just asking for information.

My blood just boils when I think about all the cool ruined guitar parts by Myles simplistic cliche lyrics.

and if you're looking for lyrics from Axl, try a rich, bitter 40 something dude's diary. They may be exactly the same

"So if you ask me why

She wouldn't say goodbye

She can't deny"

"They're out to get me

They won't catch me

I'm innocent

So you can

Suck me

Take that one to heart

"

You get what you pay for

Give me any Myles song vs. any Axl song and I will break down for you why Axl is far superior.

Edited by TOS--LOA

Jackass.

Sorry, that WAS kind of a cheap shot when someone was just asking for information.

My blood just boils when I think about all the cool ruined guitar parts by Myles simplistic cliche lyrics.

"So if you ask me why

She wouldn't say goodbye

She can't deny"

"They're out to get me

They won't catch me

I'm innocent

So you can

Suck me

Take that one to heart

"

You get what you pay for

Give me any Myles song vs. any Axl song and I will break down for you why Axl is far superior.

Axl Rose IS a better writer and he has many emotions that fuel his singing and vocal range, but Myles is probably right behind him for me and I like a lot of his approach, he works hard and does a great job.

NOW the douche bag everyone hails from the first Snake Pit album boils my blood, I couldn't even listen to that album to be honest and as a hardcore Slash fan I've listened to that Album & skimmed it maybe 3 times total, just couldn't wrap my ears around Eric Dover, his name should have been Ben Dover.

Pretty much everything on World On Fire was Great in my opinion, personal favorites are Beneath The Savage Sun, Wicked Stone, Iris Of The Storm, Automatic Overdrive....oh fuck why even list the songs, it was all GREAT!

Edited by SlashElvisTCB

Jackass.

"So if you ask me why

She wouldn't say goodbye

She can't deny"

"They're out to get me

They won't catch me

I'm innocent

So you can

Suck me

Take that one to heart

"

You get what you pay for

Axl Rose IS a better writer and he has many emotions that fuel his singing and vocal range, but Myles is probably right behind him for me and I like a lot of his approach, he works hard and does a great job.

NOW the douche bag everyone hails from the first Snake Pit album boils my blood, I couldn't even listen to that album to be honest and as a hardcore Slash fan I've listened to that Album & skimmed it maybe 3 times total, just couldn't wrap my ears around Eric Dover, his name should have been Ben Dover.

Pretty much everything on World On Fire was Great in my opinion, personal favorites are Beneath The Savage Sun, Wicked Stone, Iris Of The Storm, Automatic Overdrive....oh fuck why even list the songs, it was all GREAT!

Haha it's really interesting. I have the polar opposite opinion! Eric Dover is by far my favorite Slash singer (excluding VR and the Slash LP) I really dig the It's five o'clock somewhere album and even got to see them on that tour and it was amazing.

As far as Myles goes I did enjoy his two songs on the Slash LP but that's absolutely where it stops. I rarely listen to AL or WOF anymore because I find the lyrics very simplistic and cheesy and therefore lacking any emotion to grip the listener. But I'm glad others can enjoy it!

I think Eric Dover Rocks!!

Well to be fair, I do like a bunch of songs from that album. But it took me a while to get into his voice. I think it can be an acquired thing, and those that love it, will love it.

One thing about Slash's catalogue, is that he's worked with such a variety of people, there's something for everyone.