All Guns songs ranked from worst to best

Positions of Don't Cry, Patience, Locomotive, So Fine, Get in the Ring, Catcher, Coma, Breakdown, Right Next Door to Hell, Yesterdays are questionable.

But still a good list, maybe pushing Locomotive and Breakdown up is a good thing. Definitely RNDTH and GITR impacted me when I first heard those albums. They are kind of GNR rockers.

it does sort of take in the full range of GNR material.

You can't say somebody's opinion on song ratings is wrong.

You can say you don't agree with it.

Imagine saying that Pizza is your favorite food. Then steak. Then seafood. And then somebody says "you are wrong. I don't agree with your list."

It just isn't logical.

I complete agree with this. But it is fun to argue and debate if you have strong feelings over it.

100% agree!

I just think it's funny when people say that somebody's opinion is wrong in relation to a personal preference.

I dunno why the casual listeners find This I Love and Sorry as two of the better tracks on Chinese Democracy. Street of Dreams should never have been below those two.

I guess one problem with Street Of Dreams is that it's too similar to November Rain and Estranged, but not nearly as good. It's kinda like a poor mans Estranged.

Don't get me wrong I love SOD. But I guess TIL and Sorry are so different compared to other GNR stuff so that they stand out.

I don't see the song as an November Rain or Estranged knock-off, just the absolute worst ballad Axl Rose ever wrote. Street of Dreams is garbage

I prefer the uptempo version of Street of Dreams, The Blues from Rock in Rio 3. This is an example of how Axl tinkering with songs for too many years had a negative impact on them. I used to love The Blues before CD came out.

Ultimateclassicrock:

1- has like the stupidest name ever. I mean more stupid than Hookers And Blow.

2- is boring and predictable.

3- Loves to constantly make polls/articles/lists about the same bands.

TL;DR it's a shitty website.

I like that you did a TL;DR for a 3 point post :lol:

Still valid, though ;)

It really jerks me off about "Don't Damn Me"...that riff is so bad ass and boss and then it has a verse riff almost equally as boss and a blistering solo. Obviously the idiot doing the review isn't a guitar player and should therefore shut his God Damn pie hole!. its an almost perfect song to play as a guitarist, bad ass riff & great solo!

I lol'ed at the acoustic version of "You're Crazy" being the definitive version to the reviewer. I also LOL'ed at the fact of how much he ripped on The Spaghetti Incident but somehow every song was a rare highlight hahaha. I'm one of the few fans who really enjoyed that cd evidently.

Plus "You Ain't The First" above Don't Damn Me & Shotgun Blues is a crime within itself.

Edited by SlashElvisTCB
  • Like 1

I feel like the voted on the top 10 or so and then just randomly picked the rest out of a hat...

Makes you remember how many fucking good songs this band had though.

Yeah. I'm actually a songwriter and I absolutely marvel over Appetite and the UYI records.

Some seriously good songs on those albums.

Reporter: "Hey, let's do a 'rank all the GNR songs' article!"

Editor: "OK! That'll attract hardcore GNR fans who will appreciate highlighting the entire band's catalog, and not just the 'Big 3' from Appetite."

Reporter: "Awesome!"

Editor: "So what will be the top three?"

Reporter: "Oh ... um ... the Big 3 from Appetite."

Hahahaha! I stopped going through the list when I saw One in a Million ranked 72/80. Some questionable lyrics but still one of their very best songs. The rest f the list must've been a complete fucking joke.

Imagine saying that Pizza is your favorite food. Then steak. Then seafood. And then somebody says "you are wrong. I don't agree with your list."

It just isn't logical.

81 songs and too many covers. I would put If The World in top 40. One In A Million in top 10.

Altough Down On The Farm was played in 2006.

Agreed. No idea how One in a Million doesn't make top 10.

Because the guy making the list doesn't personally like it as much as you do?

GnR has been my favorite band since 1987. One in a Million isn't in my top ten. When I was 20 I thought the lyrics were cool and edgy. Today - the lyrics kill the song. They are a bit embarrassing.

Pretty clear the guy maing the list is an idiot. He just threw songs out for no particular reason. This isnt his opinion it's his weak attempt to cupcake and get a reaction from GnR fans. No moron in their right mind has One in the Million not even crack the top 70 GnR songs. If it's not top 10 fine, not top 20 fine. Not top 70? No the person who does that is a fucking cupcake and YES they are WRONG.

• Like 1

Honestly picking between GNR songs sounds a lot like choosing your favorite kid or family member. On any given day any of them could be #1 depending on your mood, as a guitar player you just can't beat a song like Paradise City to end a show with, it exhausts you, it excites and it embodies everything about Rock N' Roll and will make me play air guitar even while I'm doing dishes, but are there GNR songs I listen to more? hell yeah! Use Your Illusions 1-2 I usually treat as one big album though the tone is a bit different & darker on UYI2.

About the only 2 he got right on the list were "Look at Your Game Girl" & My World as far as GNR goes. Its So Easy & Mr Brownstone are great songs when compared to other bands of the era and in their own right, but there are a lot better GNR songs that deserve the air play these two over played songs get.

Sometimes people are just simple minded, Elvis Presley did 900 better songs than Blue Suede Shoes, Jailhouse Rock & Heartbreak Hotel yet they never get talked about, they are still great songs but not when compared to the rest of his music archive.

Edited by SlashElvisTCB

It just isn't logical.

I complete agree with this. But it is fun to argue and debate if you have strong feelings over it.

You can call them out as wrong when they're in a position to affect other peoples opinions much as the douche writing the article. Sometimes people are wrong even when its "their opinion", some people may prefer a passive take on letting idiots run around but I like to take a more proactive approach. If a certain person likes a certain food that's fine and completely ok cuz it doesn't affect anyone but themselves, but reviews DO affect public opinion especially if that person is in a position to be heard by many. I run a club, reviews are HUGE! in determining who comes in and who doesn't.

I know Apollo used an analogy about pizza to get his point across and you agreed with him, so I will use one to counter his to show you the other side of the coin...

Imagine you have a brother and a wife, and at Christmas time he decides to tell your mom & dad in the middle of dinner that he thinks your wife is a slut and is cruising for new dick because of the way she dresses all the time and in reality you know its false because you tell her to dress that way and you tell your parents that because you know the real facts.

Is it ok he says that just because it is "his opinion"? are you going to sit quiet while he says it or are you going to refute his opinion? most people would refute it I'd bet. Plus even when you refute it, who do you think they are going to believe? in some cases people are in denial of their situation and you can't always count on others to be neutral when news is dumped on someone. I used the brother analogy because it shows that he is in a position of credibility to your parents when he tells the news about your wife, much the way this reviewer has more credibility than the average forum reviewer. ;)

Another simple & quick analogy, human shit is full of bacteria, bacteria that can be killed at temps above 160-180 degrees, lets say a dumb person throws that in a 380 degree deep fryer & eats it and says its good. Now even though the bacteria is dead, does it make it anymore right to eat that? its still shit at the end of the day. Moral is: Sometimes things in life are WRONG no matter what and opinions be damned.

I know you're all probably wondering how this relates to music reviews, but it does and it honestly can relate to just about anything, the trouble is knowing when it relates and when it doesn't, you must as a person decide when its right to speak up & refute and when to let things be.

Edited by SlashElvisTCB

You can call them out as wrong when they're in a position to affect other peoples opinions much as the douche writing the article. Sometimes people are wrong even when its "their opinion", some people may prefer a passive take on letting idiots run around but I like to take a more proactive approach. If a certain person likes a certain food that's fine and completely ok cuz it doesn't affect anyone but themselves, but reviews DO affect public opinion especially if that person is in a position to be heard by many. I run a club, reviews are HUGE! in determining who comes in and who doesn't.

I know Apollo used an analogy about pizza to get his point across and you agreed with him, so I will use one to counter his to show you the other side of the coin...

Imagine you have a brother and a wife, and at Christmas time he decides to tell your mom & dad in the middle of dinner that he thinks your wife is a slut and is cruising for new dick because of the way she dresses all the time and in reality you know its false because you tell her to dress that way and you tell your parents that because you know the real facts.

Is it ok he says that just because it is "his opinion"? are you going to sit quiet while he says it or are you going to refute his opinion? most people would refute it I'd bet. Plus even when you refute it, who do you think they are going to believe? in some cases people are in denial of their situation and you can't always count on others to be neutral when news is dumped on someone. I used the brother analogy because it shows that he is in a position of credibility to your parents when he tells the news about your wife, much the way this reviewer has more credibility than the average forum reviewer. ;)

Another simple & quick analogy, human shit is full of bacteria, bacteria that can be killed at temps above 160-180 degrees, lets say a dumb person throws that in a 380 degree deep fryer & eats it and says its good. Now even though the bacteria is dead, does it make it anymore right to eat that? its still shit at the end of the day. Moral is: Sometimes things in life are WRONG no matter what and opinions be damned.

I know you're all probably wondering how this relates to music reviews, but it does and it honestly can relate to just about anything, the trouble is knowing when it relates and when it doesn't, you must as a person decide when its right to speak up & refute and when to let things be.

What?

1.) Saying "song A is better than song B" is based on taste. Preference. It's subjective. Everyone has a different opinion. You could take a poll of every single person in this thread and no one would have exact matching lists of even the top 20 GNR songs. Because it's all subjective. There isn't a right or wrong with having an opinion based on personal taste/subjectivity.

2.) Your analogy is not in any way the same as having an opinion. The wife is either "cruising for dick" or not. There isn't any subjectivity around someone's intentions or actions. The brother can make a PREDICTION, a statement of belief regarding present or future events without knowing, but that's not the same having a preference of one thing over another or having an opinion based off personal taste.

3.) The "shit" analogy is better. If someone says deep fried shit is good to eat, that's their life choices. 99.99999 percent of people will say it's bad, but someone somewhere might have a differing opinion based on his personal taste. As long as that opinion/personal taste isn't negatively affecting or harming someone, then it can't be considered morally or ethically "right" or "wrong."

So no.

Edited by 3rd Wheel

It just isn't logical.

81 songs and too many covers. I would put If The World in top 40. One In A Million in top 10.

Altough Down On The Farm was played in 2006.

Agreed. No idea how One in a Million doesn't make top 10.
Because the guy making the list doesn't personally like it as much as you do?

GnR has been my favorite band since 1987. One in a Million isn't in my top ten. When I was 20 I thought the lyrics were cool and edgy. Today - the lyrics kill the song. They are a bit embarrassing.

I too have been a fan since '87. Agree to disagree. I think One in a Million captures the band in great form. I don't mind the lyrics, but if even if you ignore them, Axl's voice is great, slash's acoustic guitar is great - that song embodies prime GNR sound in my opinion.

Honestly I don't think it was a terrible list. Mine would be slightly different, but so would everyone's. I think as a whole we (fans) have to look at lists like these differently than we tend to. Like separating "favorite" from "greatest". Welcome to the jungle is not my favorite gnr song, but if I made a list of "greatest" songs I would agree it is their #1 song.

As for the actual list; my world, shotgun blues, back off bitch, riad, and scrapped would all be at the bottom. I would have rated Coma higher. I also appreciated where Anything Goes ended up, it gets a lot of hate from us hard cores, but I always liked it. I am of the opinion that Appetite doesn't have a "bad song" on it, but if I had to rank them, I would put Anything Goes a head of thinking about you and you're crazy.

I also agreed with most of the CD entries in the list, although I would have bumped TWAT to #1 (off of cd), followed by this I love, sorry, maddy, then catcher. I genuinely like all of those songs. IRS got a little more love than I think it deserves, it's a decent song, but compared to the rockers off the illusions it comes up way short.

What?

1.) Saying "song A is better than song B" is based on taste. Preference. It's subjective. Everyone has a different opinion. You could take a poll of every single person in this thread and no one would have exact matching lists of even the top 20 GNR songs. Because it's all subjective. There isn't a right or wrong with having an opinion based on personal taste/subjectivity.

2.) Your analogy is not in any way the same as having an opinion. The wife is either "cruising for dick" or not. There isn't any subjectivity around someone's intentions or actions. The brother can make a PREDICTION, a statement of belief regarding present or future events without knowing, but that's not the same having a preference of one thing over another or having an opinion based off personal taste.

3.) The "shit" analogy is better. If someone says deep fried shit is good to eat, that's their life choices. 99.99999 percent of people will say it's bad, but someone somewhere might have a differing opinion based on his personal taste. As long as that opinion/personal taste isn't negatively affecting or harming someone, then it can't be considered morally or ethically "right" or "wrong."

So no.

I take it you scored low on reading comprehension in middle school? You at least failed on analogy understanding or didn't have the patience to read or understand the analogy at hand. The analogy did fit the situation perfectly as to how you can refute fact vs opinion. I honestly don't want to start a petty internet fight with you because you're probably a cool person and we'd probably buy each other drinks at a bar if we met, but I expected you as I wrote that post to not to grasp the analogy, because people with differing opinions usually don't see black & white. I gave you the long winded analogy and a short version, some people prefer depth, you prefer to the point I guess.

There are times when fact overrides personal opinions and that analogy pointed out that exact fact.

Now that that is over with, I really think that what ever ranking a song is could change day to day for even the same people and that with GNR, everything they did was great and one must really listen to every song within the context of a cd to realize its greatness, because can you really just pick one GNR song to listen to?

Being a GNR inspired guitar player in a Rock band is tough when it comes to choosing cover songs to play i'll tell ya! at one point my band did 35-40 GNR songs over the course of 2 years.

What?

So no.

I take it you scored low on reading comprehension in middle school? You at least failed on analogy understanding or didn't have the patience to read or understand the analogy at hand. The analogy did fit the situation perfectly as to how you can refute fact vs opinion. I honestly don't want to start a petty internet fight with you because you're probably a cool person and we'd probably buy each other drinks at a bar if we met, but I expected you as I wrote that post to not to grasp the analogy, because people with differing opinions usually don't see black & white. I gave you the long winded analogy and a short version, some people prefer depth, you prefer to the point I guess.

There are times when fact overrides personal opinions and that analogy pointed out that exact fact.

Now that that is over with, I really think that what ever ranking a song is could change day to day for even the same people and that with GNR, everything they did was great and one must really listen to every song within the context of a cd to realize its greatness, because can you really just pick one GNR song to listen to?

Being a GNR inspired guitar player in a Rock band is tough when it comes to choosing cover songs to play i'll tell ya! at one point my band did 35-40 GNR songs over the course of 2 years.

The truth is: both of you are wrong because both of you wrote tl;dr posts about NOTHING literally

I like every Gn'R song including Shotgun Blues, the only exceptions being My World and Scraped.

I'm with you. I like Shotgun Blues. Is it my favorite? Not by a long shot but ive always been shocked by the beating that song takes on the boards.

Edited by Trin9498

The truth is: both of you are wrong because both of you wrote tl;dr posts about NOTHING literally

Theres always one of those guys on a forum and I guess you found his job, bravo! Sorry man guess the convo is too far out for your IQ if you found nothing to sink your teeth into on either one of our posts. At least 3rd Wheel had something to say. Your post literally said NOTHING. Get your post count up big boy.

What?

So no.

No, the analogy didn't.

Yes, fact can override personal opinion, but only when a fact is present. There is no fact about whether a song is "better" or "worse" than another song. That is all taste/preference, which is all subjective and not at all a fact. So this list? Not a fact. Nothing about it is a fact. No list of greatest songs or rock bands or presidents is a fact.

Whether a wife is cheating on a dude? That is fact, because it's an action/motive. So the analogy didn't match up.

What?

So no.

Never end a sentence with an adverb. It's poor grammar.