All Guns songs ranked from worst to best

I dunno why the casual listeners find This I Love and Sorry as two of the better tracks on Chinese Democracy. Street of Dreams should never have been below those two.

I guess one problem with Street Of Dreams is that it's too similar to November Rain and Estranged, but not nearly as good. It's kinda like a poor mans Estranged.

Don't get me wrong I love SOD. But I guess TIL and Sorry are so different compared to other GNR stuff so that they stand out.

I don't see the song as an November Rain or Estranged knock-off, just the absolute worst ballad Axl Rose ever wrote. Street of Dreams is garbage

I think the 2001/2002 street of dreams had a chance at being a hit and a great song.... The studio version is boring and over produced though IMO.

That said... I don't think it could've be the next November rain... I think it could've been a modern SCOM but even that is giving a lot of credit... Unfortunately we lack a 2002 studio version to judge how the production was.

If the World, Sorry, This I Love could all have been hits in the 90s.

Not if the world, you give that song too much credit. The best part of that song is the solo. Which Bucket Rips it up, one of the best solos on the whole album.

It's not a bad song, it's like the star Wars prequels, it has something promising in there, just needed another voice to help flesh it out.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

It is nice to see some CD songs being higher up the list. They also have the shitty ones at their rightful place, but I agree If The World is placed too far low. Buckethead's solo brings it up. Buckethead and Fink were made worthy Guns N' Roses guitarists throw songs like There Was a Time, Better, Madagascar and Sorry. Bumblefoot has Catcher in the Rye at least, but Scraped and Riad were subpar songs at best, his solos were the highlights though. Or was that Buckethead?

I like every Gn'R song including Shotgun Blues, the only exceptions being My World and Scraped.

I'm with you. I like Shotgun Blues. Is it my favorite? Not by a long shot but ive always been shocked by the beating that song takes on the boards.
Shocked? It deserves all of it. Lyrically, it's awful and musically it's bland as eff.
  • Like 1

I like lists, so here's mine. I'm not listing ALL gnr songs. Only the ones that Ultimate Classic Rock listed.

1. Welcome To The Jungle

2. Estranged

3. Coma

4. Nightrain

5. November Rain

6. You Could Be Mine

7. Sweet Child O Mine

8. Don't Cry (original)

9. Don't Cry (alt)

10. It's So Easy

11. Better

12. Don't Damn Me

13. Mr Brownstone

14. Rocket Queen

15. Paradise City

16. There Was A Time

17. Knocking On Heavens Door

18. This I Love

19. Yesterdays

20. Prostitute

21. Chinese Democracy

22. Patience

23. Live And Let Die

24. Oh My God

25. Civil War

26. Shackler's Revenge

27. Down On The Farm

28. Catcher In The Rye

29. Pretty Tied Up

30. Out Ta Get Me

31. Ain't It Fun

32. Street Of Dreams

33. Double Talkin' Jive

34. Black Leather

35. You're Crazy (acoustic)

36. I.R.S

37. 14 Years

38. Sorry

39. Locomotive

40. Since I Don't Have You

41. Dead Horse

42. Riad N' The Bedouins

43. Sympathy For The Devil

44. Used To Love Her

45. The Garden

46. Madagascar

47. Perfect Crime

48. My Michelle

49. Move To The City

50. Anything Goes

51. Breakdown

52. Scraped

53. One In A Million

54. Think About You

55. Raw Power

56. So Fine

57. Bad Obsession

58. Shotgun Blues

59. Bad Apples

60. You're Crazy (original)

61. Get In The Ring

62. Right Next Door To Hell

63. New Rose

64. Look At Your Game Girl

65. Garden Of Eden

66. You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory

67. Nice Boys

68. Dust N' Bones

69. If The World

70. Human Being

71. Hair Of The Dog

72. Attitude

73. Mama Kin

74. You Ain't The First

75. Reckless Life

76. My World

77. Back Of Bitch

78. I Don't Care About You

79. Buick Makane / Big Dumb Sex

80. Shadow Of Your Love

Edited by Lies They Tell
  • Like 1

You can call them out as wrong when they're in a position to affect other peoples opinions much as the douche writing the article. Sometimes people are wrong even when its "their opinion", some people may prefer a passive take on letting idiots run around but I like to take a more proactive approach. If a certain person likes a certain food that's fine and completely ok cuz it doesn't affect anyone but themselves, but reviews DO affect public opinion especially if that person is in a position to be heard by many. I run a club, reviews are HUGE! in determining who comes in and who doesn't.

I know Apollo used an analogy about pizza to get his point across and you agreed with him, so I will use one to counter his to show you the other side of the coin...

Imagine you have a brother and a wife, and at Christmas time he decides to tell your mom & dad in the middle of dinner that he thinks your wife is a slut and is cruising for new dick because of the way she dresses all the time and in reality you know its false because you tell her to dress that way and you tell your parents that because you know the real facts.

Is it ok he says that just because it is "his opinion"? are you going to sit quiet while he says it or are you going to refute his opinion? most people would refute it I'd bet. Plus even when you refute it, who do you think they are going to believe? in some cases people are in denial of their situation and you can't always count on others to be neutral when news is dumped on someone. I used the brother analogy because it shows that he is in a position of credibility to your parents when he tells the news about your wife, much the way this reviewer has more credibility than the average forum reviewer. ;)

Another simple & quick analogy, human shit is full of bacteria, bacteria that can be killed at temps above 160-180 degrees, lets say a dumb person throws that in a 380 degree deep fryer & eats it and says its good. Now even though the bacteria is dead, does it make it anymore right to eat that? its still shit at the end of the day. Moral is: Sometimes things in life are WRONG no matter what and opinions be damned.

I know you're all probably wondering how this relates to music reviews, but it does and it honestly can relate to just about anything, the trouble is knowing when it relates and when it doesn't, you must as a person decide when its right to speak up & refute and when to let things be.

What?

1.) Saying "song A is better than song B" is based on taste. Preference. It's subjective. Everyone has a different opinion. You could take a poll of every single person in this thread and no one would have exact matching lists of even the top 20 GNR songs. Because it's all subjective. There isn't a right or wrong with having an opinion based on personal taste/subjectivity.

2.) Your analogy is not in any way the same as having an opinion. The wife is either "cruising for dick" or not. There isn't any subjectivity around someone's intentions or actions. The brother can make a PREDICTION, a statement of belief regarding present or future events without knowing, but that's not the same having a preference of one thing over another or having an opinion based off personal taste.

3.) The "shit" analogy is better. If someone says deep fried shit is good to eat, that's their life choices. 99.99999 percent of people will say it's bad, but someone somewhere might have a differing opinion based on his personal taste. As long as that opinion/personal taste isn't negatively affecting or harming someone, then it can't be considered morally or ethically "right" or "wrong."

So no.

I take it you scored low on reading comprehension in middle school? You at least failed on analogy understanding or didn't have the patience to read or understand the analogy at hand. The analogy did fit the situation perfectly as to how you can refute fact vs opinion. I honestly don't want to start a petty internet fight with you because you're probably a cool person and we'd probably buy each other drinks at a bar if we met, but I expected you as I wrote that post to not to grasp the analogy, because people with differing opinions usually don't see black & white. I gave you the long winded analogy and a short version, some people prefer depth, you prefer to the point I guess.

There are times when fact overrides personal opinions and that analogy pointed out that exact fact.

No, the analogy didn't.

Yes, fact can override personal opinion, but only when a fact is present. There is no fact about whether a song is "better" or "worse" than another song. That is all taste/preference, which is all subjective and not at all a fact. So this list? Not a fact. Nothing about it is a fact. No list of greatest songs or rock bands or presidents is a fact.

Whether a wife is cheating on a dude? That is fact, because it's an action/motive. So the analogy didn't match up.

You can call them out as wrong when they're in a position to affect other peoples opinions much as the douche writing the article. Sometimes people are wrong even when its "their opinion", some people may prefer a passive take on letting idiots run around but I like to take a more proactive approach. If a certain person likes a certain food that's fine and completely ok cuz it doesn't affect anyone but themselves, but reviews DO affect public opinion especially if that person is in a position to be heard by many. I run a club, reviews are HUGE! in determining who comes in and who doesn't.

I know Apollo used an analogy about pizza to get his point across and you agreed with him, so I will use one to counter his to show you the other side of the coin...

Imagine you have a brother and a wife, and at Christmas time he decides to tell your mom & dad in the middle of dinner that he thinks your wife is a slut and is cruising for new dick because of the way she dresses all the time and in reality you know its false because you tell her to dress that way and you tell your parents that because you know the real facts.

Is it ok he says that just because it is "his opinion"? are you going to sit quiet while he says it or are you going to refute his opinion? most people would refute it I'd bet. Plus even when you refute it, who do you think they are going to believe? in some cases people are in denial of their situation and you can't always count on others to be neutral when news is dumped on someone. I used the brother analogy because it shows that he is in a position of credibility to your parents when he tells the news about your wife, much the way this reviewer has more credibility than the average forum reviewer. ;)

Another simple & quick analogy, human shit is full of bacteria, bacteria that can be killed at temps above 160-180 degrees, lets say a dumb person throws that in a 380 degree deep fryer & eats it and says its good. Now even though the bacteria is dead, does it make it anymore right to eat that? its still shit at the end of the day. Moral is: Sometimes things in life are WRONG no matter what and opinions be damned.

I know you're all probably wondering how this relates to music reviews, but it does and it honestly can relate to just about anything, the trouble is knowing when it relates and when it doesn't, you must as a person decide when its right to speak up & refute and when to let things be.

What?

1.) Saying "song A is better than song B" is based on taste. Preference. It's subjective. Everyone has a different opinion. You could take a poll of every single person in this thread and no one would have exact matching lists of even the top 20 GNR songs. Because it's all subjective. There isn't a right or wrong with having an opinion based on personal taste/subjectivity.

2.) Your analogy is not in any way the same as having an opinion. The wife is either "cruising for dick" or not. There isn't any subjectivity around someone's intentions or actions. The brother can make a PREDICTION, a statement of belief regarding present or future events without knowing, but that's not the same having a preference of one thing over another or having an opinion based off personal taste.

3.) The "shit" analogy is better. If someone says deep fried shit is good to eat, that's their life choices. 99.99999 percent of people will say it's bad, but someone somewhere might have a differing opinion based on his personal taste. As long as that opinion/personal taste isn't negatively affecting or harming someone, then it can't be considered morally or ethically "right" or "wrong."

So no.

I take it you scored low on reading comprehension in middle school? You at least failed on analogy understanding or didn't have the patience to read or understand the analogy at hand. The analogy did fit the situation perfectly as to how you can refute fact vs opinion. I honestly don't want to start a petty internet fight with you because you're probably a cool person and we'd probably buy each other drinks at a bar if we met, but I expected you as I wrote that post to not to grasp the analogy, because people with differing opinions usually don't see black & white. I gave you the long winded analogy and a short version, some people prefer depth, you prefer to the point I guess.

There are times when fact overrides personal opinions and that analogy pointed out that exact fact.

Now that that is over with, I really think that what ever ranking a song is could change day to day for even the same people and that with GNR, everything they did was great and one must really listen to every song within the context of a cd to realize its greatness, because can you really just pick one GNR song to listen to?

Being a GNR inspired guitar player in a Rock band is tough when it comes to choosing cover songs to play i'll tell ya! at one point my band did 35-40 GNR songs over the course of 2 years.

The truth is: both of you are wrong because both of you wrote tl;dr posts about NOTHING literally

Never end a sentence with an adverb. It's poor grammar.

like i give a fuck about grammar

never wrote tl;dr posts on an internet forum in 2015

I like lists, so here's mine. I'm not listing ALL gnr songs. Only the ones that Ultimate Classic Rock listed.

1. Welcome To The Jungle

2. Estranged

3. Coma

4. Nightrain

5. November Rain

6. You Could Be Mine

7. Sweet Child O Mine

8. Don't Cry (original)

9. Don't Cry (alt)

10. It's So Easy

11. Better

12. Don't Damn Me

13. Mr Brownstone

14. Rocket Queen

15. Paradise City

16. There Was A Time

17. Knocking On Heavens Door

18. This I Love

19. Yesterdays

20. Prostitute

21. Chinese Democracy

22. Patience

23. Live And Let Die

24. Oh My God

25. Civil War

26. Shackler's Revenge

27. Down On The Farm

28. Catcher In The Rye

29. Pretty Tied Up

30. Out Ta Get Me

31. Ain't It Fun

32. Street Of Dreams

33. Double Talkin' Jive

34. Black Leather

35. You're Crazy (acoustic)

36. I.R.S

37. 14 Years

38. Sorry

39. Locomotive

40. Since I Don't Have You

41. Dead Horse

42. Riad N' The Bedouins

43. Sympathy For The Devil

44. Used To Love Her

45. The Garden

46. Madagascar

47. Perfect Crime

48. My Michelle

49. Move To The City

50. Anything Goes

51. Breakdown

52. Scraped

53. One In A Million

54. Think About You

55. Raw Power

56. So Fine

57. Bad Obsession

58. Shotgun Blues

59. Bad Apples

60. You're Crazy (original)

61. Get In The Ring

62. Right Next Door To Hell

63. New Rose

64. Look At Your Game Girl

65. Garden Of Eden

66. You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory

67. Nice Boys

68. Dust N' Bones

69. If The World

70. Human Being

71. Hair Of The Dog

72. Attitude

73. Mama Kin

74. You Ain't The First

75. Reckless Life

76. My World

77. Back Of Bitch

78. I Don't Care About You

79. Buick Makane / Big Dumb Sex

80. Shadow Of Your Love

One of the better lists i've seen

Totally disagree with coma and twat being so high but that's a small quibble

• Like 1

Any list without Locomotive in the top 5, dare I say top 3 = a bogus list

There Was a Time, Better, Prostitute would of all been killer on any GnR record.

Street of Dreams just never did it for me in any form. It's one of his worst pieces of music, imho. It's a horrible attempt at a ballad. It's like a throwaway song on the way to a ballad. It's that bad.

The only thing that saves 'This I love', for me, is Robin's solo. If it wasn't for his bad ass solo, it would be right up there with Street of Dreams.

If you had to play one song for someone that had never head of Guns N' Roses, what would that song be? For me, the answer is simple. Estranged. Estranged is the greatest piece of music Guns N' Roses ever did together.

1. Estranged

2. Mr. Brownstone

3. Locomotive

4. Coma

5. Sweet Child

* Top 5 subject to change without notice but street of dreams will never see a top 75.

Edited by Download

They had that amazing ability to write a ballad that aged well. November Rain and Estranged are a whole league of their own compared to Home Sweet Home and Every Rose Has a Thorn which any listener will label as "Cheesy 80's" music. Okay they were released in 1991 and a lot of 90's ballads are still listenable. Patience was released in the 80's, all acoustic but it is timeless.

I like every Gn'R song including Shotgun Blues, the only exceptions being My World and Scraped.

I'm with you. I like Shotgun Blues. Is it my favorite? Not by a long shot but ive always been shocked by the beating that song takes on the boards.
Shocked? It deserves all of it. Lyrically, it's awful and musically it's bland as eff.

Lyrics aren't any worse than This I Love, IRS etc....

Not if the world, you give that song too much credit. The best part of that song is the solo. Which Bucket Rips it up, one of the best solos on the whole album.

It's not a bad song, it's like the star Wars prequels, it has something promising in there, just needed another voice to help flesh it out.

It reminds me of Since I Don't Have You, not really Guns sounding but with a video it could have charted in the Illusion era. It was the most immeadiate song on CD. Of course hard rock or metallers arent having it but it could be like a D Yer Maker meets Miss You type song in the catalog. It was the first single off CD really. If the World, Shackler's, Chi Dem, Better, SOD were used. But I think Sorry and TIL maybe should have been used.

It reminds me of Since I Don't Have You, not really Guns sounding but with a video it could have charted in the Illusion era. It was the most immeadiate song on CD. Of course hard rock or metallers arent having it but it could be like a D Yer Maker meets Miss You type song in the catalog. It was the first single off CD really. If the World, Shackler's, Chi Dem, Better, SOD were used. But I think Sorry and TIL maybe should have been used.

But song for song, Since I don't have you is better than If the World. SIDHY gets stuck in your head upon first listening, If the World does not, same goes for Miss You and D'yet Mak'er, they are just plain better songs. I agree that it is in those songs vein, or trying to be like those songs to certain degree, but it comes up short. Its not a bad song, none of the songs on CD are bad. Quite the opposite, I would say they are all fair to good type range, but none of them are great (some get close, but come up a hair short imo).

Imagine taking Appetite and replacing Jungle, SCOM, and Paradise City with Back off bitch, shotgun blues, and shadow of your love. It would still be a very good album, but no longer a great one, that is CD in a nutshell imo.

But back to If the world, it's a good song, I don't mind it. But something's missing, I can't explain what it is, other than lyrically it's not catchy enough.

But song for song, Since I don't have you is better than If the World. SIDHY gets stuck in your head upon first listening, If the World does not, same goes for Miss You and D'yet Mak'er, they are just plain better songs. I agree that it is in those songs vein, or trying to be like those songs to certain degree, but it comes up short. Its not a bad song, none of the songs on CD are bad. Quite the opposite, I would say they are all fair to good type range, but none of them are great (some get close, but come up a hair short imo).

Imagine taking Appetite and replacing Jungle, SCOM, and Paradise City with Back off bitch, shotgun blues, and shadow of your love. It would still be a very good album, but no longer a great one, that is CD in a nutshell imo.

But back to If the world, it's a good song, I don't mind it. But something's missing, I can't explain what it is, other than lyrically it's not catchy enough.

I feel they are similar. A little bit catchy but then s little clunky in parts. A bit too rock for the pop. But Dyer maker and Miss You are sublime so it's a tough comparison but just on first listen I thought ITW was very catchy and had a clear vocal. it might not have the longevity of TWAT and Catcher or even TIL though. But it seems like a good single with crossover potential. But I think I know what you mean in that it doesn't have a hard rock or even rock feel to it. It's very synthetic. Almost autotune RNB jam. At least the other songs have a sort of rock sound to them. It's the Stones doing funky pop. Even SIDHY is like that. A hard rock band doing a poppier song. But ITW doesn't have that, you don't even get Ok that's Slash or hearing Matt's drums, it's just synthetic, Bond rap. ITW is more like a UFO sighting, did you really just hear that? Weird but it had hit potential. Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

I feel they are similar. A little bit catchy but then s little clunky in parts. A bit too rock for the pop. But Dyer maker and Miss You are sublime so it's a tough comparison but just on first listen I thought ITW was very catchy and had a clear vocal. it might not have the longevity of TWAT and Catcher or even TIL though. But it seems like a good single with crossover potential. But I think I know what you mean in that it doesn't have a hard rock or even rock feel to it. It's very synthetic. Almost autotune RNB jam. At least the other songs have a sort of rock sound to them. It's the Stones doing funky pop. Even SIDHY is like that. A hard rock band doing a poppier song. But ITW doesn't have that, you don't even get Ok that's Slash or hearing Matt's drums, it's just synthetic, Bond rap. ITW is more like a UFO sighting, did you really just hear that? Weird but it had hit potential.

Yeah, and Pitman was responsible for Silkworms as well with Dizzy Reed. I think it has potential. Axl said there were many changes done and that the chorus is gone. It can probably be the intro song for CD ll.

Edited by Rovim

I feel they are similar. A little bit catchy but then s little clunky in parts. A bit too rock for the pop. But Dyer maker and Miss You are sublime so it's a tough comparison but just on first listen I thought ITW was very catchy and had a clear vocal. it might not have the longevity of TWAT and Catcher or even TIL though. But it seems like a good single with crossover potential. But I think I know what you mean in that it doesn't have a hard rock or even rock feel to it. It's very synthetic. Almost autotune RNB jam. At least the other songs have a sort of rock sound to them. It's the Stones doing funky pop. Even SIDHY is like that. A hard rock band doing a poppier song. But ITW doesn't have that, you don't even get Ok that's Slash or hearing Matt's drums, it's just synthetic, Bond rap. ITW is more like a UFO sighting, did you really just hear that? Weird but it had hit potential.

Yeah, and Pitman was responsible for Silkworms as well with Dizzy Reed. I think it has potential. Axl said there were many changes done and that the chorus is gone. It can probably be the intro song for CD ll.

I think Bucket added a new solo also and there's a remix that was describe as GNR meets Snoop Dogg in a Space Station.

I see as side 2 like Silkworms and Oh My God will open like Scraped and Riad.

Jackie Chan has to open CD II.

Get the 3 Slash songs Axl wanted to do for CD if Slash publicly apologized. And it's already looking like a great record. The General and Atlas Shrugged. Seven was seen as the best by Beltrami. Axl seems enthuiastic anout Soul Monster.

• Like 1

I think Bucket added a new solo also and there's a remix that was describe as GNR meets Snoop Dogg in a Space Station.

Get the 3 Slash songs Axl wanted to do for CD if Slash publicly apologized. And it's already looking like a great record. The General and Atlas Shrugged. Seven was seen as the best by Beltrami. Axl seems enthuiastic anout Soul Monster.

Good call on Jackie Chan. With the drum intro and the type of song the leak implied it might be. And you still got Down By The Ocean to make it even more Gn'R. Silkworms Axl just need to capture it better, I think there's a cool idea there. Pitman weirdness. The reworked Oh My God could be on the remix album? but idk. I really want to know what Axl decision will be when it comes to a finished album. From what he did in the past, and with Chinese, it seems he likes to add even more guitar players. And if it's Slash, I wonder if he'll be able to resist that. Is it even a smart decision to not use a big part of the Guns sound on a Guns album? still not sure if he should tinker with a finished album. (even more)

Good call on Jackie Chan. With the drum intro and the type of song the leak implied it might be. And you still got Down By The Ocean to make it even more Gn'R. Silkworms Axl just need to capture it better, I think there's a cool idea there. Pitman weirdness. The reworked Oh My God could be on the remix album? but idk. I really want to know what Axl decision will be when it comes to a finished album. From what he did in the past, and with Chinese, it seems he likes to add even more guitar players. And if it's Slash, I wonder if he'll be able to resist that. Is it even a smart decision to not use a big part of the Guns sound on a Guns album? still not sure if he should tinker with a finished album. (even more)

they could be like other tracks which are almost finished. If Slash finished them they would be extra tracks to the known 12.

they could be like other tracks which are almost finished. If Slash finished them they would be extra tracks to the known 12. Sort of like Scraped and Sorry don't sound exactly from the same album, you could have Slash song, Silkworms, Slash song on side 2. Hypothetical i know. Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

they could be like other tracks which are almost finished. If Slash finished them they would be extra tracks to the known 12. Sort of like Scraped and Sorry don't sound exactly from the same album, you could have Slash song, Silkworms, Slash song on side 2. Hypothetical i know.

Yeah, the ideas for tunes Bucket brought don't really sound like they belong on the same album, but Chinese kinda asks for a bunch of different styles and it works imo.

So perhaps Slash can add his leads and even rhythm tracks like Bumble did, but also finish what he started with the Slash song. I think Fortus has all the right influences and also the kind of personality Slash can live with. I'm not worried about the quality of CD ll, with or without Slash. Just the release of it.

they could be like other tracks which are almost finished. If Slash finished them they would be extra tracks to the known 12. Sort of like Scraped and Sorry don't sound exactly from the same album, you could have Slash song, Silkworms, Slash song on side 2. Hypothetical i know.

Yeah, the ideas for tunes Bucket brought don't really sound like they belong on the same album, but Chinese kinda asks for a bunch of different styles and it works imo.

So perhaps Slash can add his leads and even rhythm tracks like Bumble did, but also finish what he started with the Slash song. I think Fortus has all the right influences and also the kind of personality Slash can live with. I'm not worried about the quality of CD ll, with or without Slash. Just the release of it.

CD II will never be released. No need to worry about it anymore.