which songs dose Izzy Stradlin plays lead guitar on Guns N' Roses ablums ?

(co-lead guitar) :
Think about you

Nightrain

(Slash played co-rhythm guitar)

Back Off Bitch intro solo played entirely by Izzy

acoustic guitar on breakdown

sitar on Pretty Tied Up

additional lead guitar in Estranged

he may played some lead parrts in the original Spaghetti Incident rrecording but that was wiped off and re-recorded by Gilby

Edited by Strange Broue

(co-lead guitar) :

Think about you

Nightrain

(Slash played co-rhythm guitar)

Back Off Bitch intro solo played entirely by Izzy

acoustic guitar on breakdown

sitar on Pretty Tied Up

additional lead guitar in Estranged

he may played some lead parrts in the original Spaghetti Incident rrecording but that was wiped off and re-recorded by Gilby

where can be find out IZZY'S Spaghetti Incident recording ? and which time IZZY play solo , from ? to ? with" Nightrain Think about you Estranged '?

Izzy plays the first half of the first Nightrain solo. He plays the Double Talkin Jive solo except for the acoustic outro I think, Think About You solo. Izzy plays that great rhythm electric guitar on One On A Million that totally evolved the song.

Definitely no leads on Estranged.

Edited by Free Bird

Izzy plays the first half of the first Nightrain solo. He plays the Double Talkin Jive solo except for the acoustic outro I think, Think About You solo. Izzy plays that great rhythm electric guitar on One On A Million that totally evolved the song.

You can totally tell its Slash playing Double Talkin Jive, that vibrato is finger print like. Back Off Bitch Intro is NOT Izzy btw.

Edited by SlashElvisTCB

He ONLY plays the acoustic lead solo onthis DTJ outtake

As for Estranged:

I believe the official UYI booklet instead of you

Edited by Strange Broue

You can totally tell its Slash playing Double Talkin Jive, that vibrato is finger print like.

Sounds like Slash, but it is Izzy. He's playing the same setup as Slash and so it sounds similar. I think the liner notes credit Izzy also. Acoustic outro definitely slash though.

You can totally tell its Slash playing Double Talkin Jive, that vibrato is finger print like.

Sounds like Slash, but it is Izzy. He's playing the same setup as Slash and so it sounds similar. I think the liner notes credit Izzy also. Acoustic outro definitely slash though.

It sounds like Slash cause it is Slash.

• Like 1

It sounds like Slash cause it is Slash.

I can understand why people think that, but it is honestly Izzy. Slash played it live, not on the album. Check the liner notes if you don't believe me.

I can understand why people think that, but it is honestly Izzy. Slash played it live, not on the album. Check the liner notes if you don't believe me.

Trust me, that's Slash right there in the studio version, playing the main electric guitar solo in DTJ. That's Slash.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkN5Fvth9R8

As for Estranged:

I didn't know Izzy is credited as lead guitarist in Estranged...

Wrong. And it's easy to know because Slash tells many times, how many guitars he used on the "UYI" recordings. And he specified, Izzy used only one guitar(maybe a LPJ double cutaway, if anybody must confirm ?) during UYI sessions. Izz has written lyrics & basic music of "Double Talkin Jive", he sings the song, but Slash has performed both solos ! Izzy and Slash has différent tones and it's Slash tone, no doubt... For the electric solo, he used probably his Les Paul 59 replica and for the acoustic part he used a Ramirez.

• Like 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkN5Fvth9R8

As for Estranged:

That is Duff and Slash

What an amazing song.

It is a testament to the musical chemistry Axl and Slash shared. The riff, the leads, the epic solos, the dolphin guitars. And Axl came up with the whole thing on piano which is impressive. It's a long song, but every part should be there. Incredible outro. Great bridge. Best Guns ballad by far imo. (except SCOM of course but that's not technically a ballad)

Edited by Rovim

What an amazing song.

It is a testament to the musical chemistry Axl and Slash shared. The riff, the leads, the epic solos, the dolphin guitars. And Axl came up with the whole thing on piano which is impressive. It's a long song, but every part should be there. Incredible outro. Great bridge. Best Guns ballad by far imo. (except SCOM of course but that's not technically a ballad)

Estranged is an amazing song and I Can relate myself to it in many ways, but estranged cannot be above NR.

• Like 1

Wrong. And it's easy to know because Slash tells many times, how many guitars he used on the "UYI" recordings. And he specified, Izzy used only one guitar(maybe a LPJ double cutaway, if anybody must confirm ?) during UYI sessions. Izz has written lyrics & basic music of "Double Talkin Jive", he sings the song, but Slash has performed both solos ! Izzy and Slash has différent tones and it's Slash tone, no doubt... For the electric solo, he used probably his Les Paul 59 replica and for the acoustic part he used a Ramirez.

The liner notes state it is Izzy. I can understand why people might think it is Slash, and the tone certainly sounds like Slash, but the truth is it's Izzy, as stated in the liner notes.

The liner notes state it is Izzy. I can understand why people might think it is Slash, and the tone certainly sounds like Slash, but the truth is it's Izzy, as stated in the liner notes.

Not trying to be a cunt man, but it really is Slash. I'm 100% sure. His tone, his bends, his phrasing, note choices. It's unmistakably Slash.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1