which songs dose Izzy Stradlin plays lead guitar on Guns N' Roses ablums ?

Not many people know this, but it was actually Izzy who played Bucket's I.R.S solo on Chinese. The booklet was incorrect.

He used Buckethead's gear, but that's Izzy right there, playing those 8 finger tapping parts. He really improved.

• Like 1

image_zpsqybi5zjf.jpeg

Here you go homies... NOW PLEASE STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I post facts and everyone disappears.
Either you photoshopped it or they printed more than one booklet. My CD & cassette list the picture I posted from someone's blog (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-091NlJXckHg/UIL0Q7qNFVI/AAAAAAAAiVA/T34Os4lpOtg/s1600/Booklet-6.jpg). My booklets are from the original print back in 91'. Maybe they did revisions? Edited by hellobeatle

They must have printed more than one booklet. Either that or the photo above is a bootleg. All my versions say it is Izzy.

I'll definitely agree it sounds like Slash! As I'm not looking for an argument. Only reason I might think it might be Izzy (other than the liner notes on my copies) is it is a very simple solo, if it were slash I would expect him to riff on it a bit more.

My CD also lists Slash as the lead and my ears also. Ludicrous to suggest otherwise.

I'm more inclined to believe that part of the GNR fanbase, which has a long standing history of trying to downplay and wipe out Slash from GNR history, has made yet another pathetic attempt. The blurry picture above is a joke.

Edited by Babooshka

They must have printed more than one booklet. Either that or the photo above is a bootleg. All my versions say it is Izzy.

I'll definitely agree it sounds like Slash! As I'm not looking for an argument. Only reason I might think it might be Izzy (other than the liner notes on my copies) is it is a very simple solo, if it were slash I would expect him to riff on it a bit more.

I understand that, but sometimes Slash chooses to do a simple solo to maintain musical direction. He is a master at that. His phrasing was perfect in all of his solos on Illusions imo. (Appetite and Lies as well)

It's like a person that can talk really fast with no mistakes, but he doesn't always talk fast. He can say a lot of words in a short period of time, but sometimes he chooses his words carefully and uses very few to make his point.

That's Slash, with his guitar. Very eloquent and his solos in Guns have always favored musicality over technique. His solos are inseparable parts of the songs for a reason.

Edited by Rovim

Mine says it's Izzy too. I always thought it was Slash and just a mistake in the booklet, but come to think of it... it easily could have been Izzy, it's an easy solo, even if it does sound like Slash.

No, it really isn't! It's a Slash solo that sounds like Slash. Booklets can get fucked up, ears are more reliable. There is no mistaking Slash's vibrato growl. You can't replicate that! No one can. It has so much value because it's unique. Only Slash can sound like Slash. It's not his guitar or amp. It's mostly his fingers.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Mine says it's Izzy too. I always thought it was Slash and just a mistake in the booklet, but come to think of it... it easily could have been Izzy, it's an easy solo, even if it does sound like Slash.

No, it really isn't! It's a Slash solo that sounds like Slash. Booklets can get fucked up, ears are more reliable. There is no mistaking Slash's vibrato growl. You can't replicate that! No one can. It has so much value because it's unique. Only Slash can sound like Slash. It's not his guitar or amp. It's mostly his fingers.

I listened to it three times, and then to a live version, it could have been Izzy.

Edited by EvanG

I listened to it three times, and then to a live version, it could have been Izzy.

I have listened to it one million times, and to most of it's live versions. It could have never been Izzy, never could have been anyone else but Slash, and that's why it is Slash. It's Slash like you wouldn't believe.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

My booklet says Izzy is lead & rhythm. My booklets also don't list Vocals for DTJ, which adds support that the list is faulty.

As for sounding like Slash I need to re-listen. The solo has a bit of the the feel in the Back Off Bitch intro, which is Izzy. I don't recall the DTJ studio solo having the vibrato & bends that usually characterize Slash's stuff.

Someone should ask Slash through twitter, he may reply.

People here call the DTTJ SOLO "easy"? What the hell you guys listening too? I hear all kinds of kick ass diatonic and harmonic minor runs not typical of Izzy at all. WTF.

nah, it's pretty easy... maybe not if you're a beginner, I suppose, but it's really not that difficult.

Should we all agree to disagree?!

I'll agree with the diatonic melodies etc.

However the truth is the only reason I first mentioned here that I thought it was Izzy is because I can remember listening to the song years ago and thinking - very basic solo (relatively!) - which is what caused me to check the liner notes in the first place, which is why I remember it.

Great song whoever played it!

Good point that Slash played the solo in 1991 when Izzy was around. Booklet is likely wrong.

But live that solo is way more complicated and in a lot of bands people switch solo's live or play parts that on the record another member played, so it doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't Izzy.

I don't know, I always thought it was Slash, but I don't think anyone can be as sure as they are here.

Edited by EvanG

Should we all agree to disagree?!

Maybe we should all just use our ears. One thing you can't replicate is bend vibrato. Guitar playing is something very unique, and if you listen long enough to a guitar player, you start to recognize his playing. Especially guitar players like Slash, that have a very obvious big and unique sound. Full of shit he pulls his way. Good shit.

It's like people that can recognize what car it is based on just listening to a few seconds of the motor running, only recognizing guitar players by listening to them soloing is easier I think.

My point is Slash's playing is very distinctive. There is no doubt about who's playing that solo. It's Izzy Stradlin.

Edited by Rovim

Good point that Slash played the solo in 1991 when Izzy was around. Booklet is likely wrong.

But live that solo is way more complicated and in a lot of bands people switch solo's live or play parts that on the record another member played, so it doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't Izzy.

I don't know, I always thought it was Slash, but I don't think anyone can be as sure as they are here.

Not often! It merely raises the question, why would Slash play Izzy's part when the band played live, or conversely, why would Izzy play Slash's part in the studio; NB the early date of Rio 2 (January 1990) in comparison to the release of Use Your Illusion I (September '91). The band were literally recording those live debutantes in the studio, at the same time.

• Like 1