Are Axl's current vocals enough?

It might be asking too much of him to deliver the rasp for more than two hours but at the very least he could do something to stop being out of breath by the third line of Welcome to the Jungle.

Fuck no. Either he comes back fully raspy, or he doesn't come back at all. Slash is not going to play his guitar if Axl doesn't meet rasp standards. It's all about integrity. He wants clean, he's got Myles fuckin' Kennedy.

Edited by Rovim

I think if you had the classic 5 in wheelchairs with Axl just bringing up slides on a big screen of his cats people would pay 2000 dollars a show.

But Slash has to agree to play with him. It's not just about the money. 100 mil won't do it if Axl is uncapable of bringing the rasp for it to even be somewhat acceptable. Axl needs to smoke again. That's the only way you can truly be raspy. Hopefully he'll live to be at least 60, but if he's not smoking now, he needs to be on a pack a day soon.

Nobody wants a brutally clean show. I'm just being honest.

Edited by Rovim

I think if you had the classic 5 in wheelchairs with Axl just bringing up slides on a big screen of his cats people would pay 2000 dollars a show.

I'd pay MORE for that than I would a regular show. I'd quit my job and follow them around the country...as long as they changed up the cats on the setlist from time to time.

• Like 2

I'd pay MORE for that than I would a regular show. I'd quit my job and follow them around the country...as long as they changed up the cats on the setlist from time to time.

Who wouldn't? but I'm not paying more than what is acceptable for a Gn'R reunion show. 3000$ and not a cent more. I just want to see what kind of pyrotechnics and flying pianos Axl is planning for the show. Especially for Slash. I might get a spot way in the back though.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Let's face it....Mickey or no Mickey, Axl lacks charisma when he isn't running around or energetic. He is boring when he just stands there. Watch any show from the 90s and he was a maniac. If there is a reunion, he will need to bring some energy back to the live shows. If he doesn't, it will be 2011 on again.....oh and give us some rants too

Edited by Trin9498
  • Like 2

Axl WILL be the weak link of a reunion. I get that people want to think that won't be the case, but its just the plain god's honest truth. Even if he sounded like 2006, if we were ranking how good everyone is, Axl would be at the bottom. He'd probably be most improved, but he'd still be weakest since the last time those guys all played together. Its a bit unfair, cause obviously the other guys don't have to sing. We all know how well Slash currently plays, Duff is a monster, and whoever is on rhythm and drums will do fine. It'll be hard to screw those up.

People want the guitar and voice. We'll have the guitar, but you guys are setting yourselves up to fail if you think Axl is gonna NOT be the weak link. He absolutely will, that can't change. I already have my expectations low, so that when he's "fine" I'll think he's incredible. But he will NEVER sound how he is supposed to ever again.

Let's face it....Mickey or no Mickey, Axl lacks charisma when he isn't running around or energetic. He is boring when he just stands there. Watch any show from the 90s and he was a maniac. If there is a reunion, he will need to bring some energy back to the live shows. If he doesn't, it will be 2011 on again.....oh and give us some rants too

Pre-fucking-cisely. Even if he's 2006, if he ISN't 1993, then he'll be seen as worst.

• Like 1

Axl WILL be the weak link of a reunion. I get that people want to think that won't be the case, but its just the plain god's honest truth. Even if he sounded like 2006, if we were ranking how good everyone is, Axl would be at the bottom. He'd probably be most improved, but he'd still be weakest since the last time those guys all played together. Its a bit unfair, cause obviously the other guys don't have to sing. We all know how well Slash currently plays, Duff is a monster, and whoever is on rhythm and drums will do fine. It'll be hard to screw those up.

People want the guitar and voice. We'll have the guitar, but you guys are setting yourselves up to fail if you think Axl is gonna NOT be the weak link. He absolutely will, that can't change. I already have my expectations low, so that when he's "fine" I'll think he's incredible. But he will NEVER sound how he is supposed to ever again.

It's not the "honest truth" at all. It's a guess. You don't know how he'll come back. He can come back with non stop rasp for all we know. He was all clean in 2002 and mostly raspy in 2010.

I will say that if he doesn't come back raspier than Angel Down, I will personally riot.

Edited by Rovim

You must be joking. Axl is brutally charismatic. Check this shit out:

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

You must be joking. Axl is brutally charismatic. Check this shit out:

This, kids, is what happens when you do too much coke.

• Like 1

Who wouldn't? but I'm not paying more than what is acceptable for a Gn'R reunion show. 3000$ and not a cent more. I just want to see what kind of pyrotechnics and flying pianos Axl is planning for the show. Especially for Slash. I might get a spot way in the back though.

I can't really go over $1000. Just have to wait and see how they look in the wheelchairs. Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

I did not think Axl was out of breath at any of the shows I attended in 2014. Yes he still has it. I don't think there will any weak links in GNR. Reunion or not. Just more great performances from an awesome hard rock band

With almost every of your posts you show us that your opinion isn't trustworthy.

If Axl isn't in significant better shape

than he was in the last years (vocally, I don't care if he's fat or not), then he will be the weakest link and ridicule the whole reunion.

Axl voice has been nothing but utter shit since Rio 2011. Few exceptions here and there, but still shit.

Are Axl's current vocals enough? For comedy purposes, sure. For a reunion or a new album? No fucking way.

You are entitled to your opinion. But I truly thought that Axl sounded great in 2014. The GG was such a great night. Still can't believe that I was fortunate enough to attend that show.

Axl voice has been nothing but utter shit since Rio 2011. Few exceptions here and there, but still shit.

Are Axl's current vocals enough? For comedy purposes, sure. For a reunion or a new album? No fucking way.

You are entitled to your opinion. But I truly thought that Axl sounded great in 2014. The GG was such a great night. Still can't believe that I was fortunate enough to attend that show.

I agree with you. I think Axl's vocals over the past few years have been vastly underrated and I actually think from 2011 to 2014 they got stronger. I think most of the criticism of his performance is based more on people's perception of his physical appearance than on his vocals. I think he's sounded much better from 11-14 than he did in 02.

I agree with you. I think Axl's vocals over the past few years have been vastly underrated and I actually think from 2011 to 2014 they got stronger. I think most of the criticism of his performance is based more on people's perception of his physical appearance than on his vocals. I think he's sounded much better from 11-14 than he did in 02.
I also don't see anything wrong with his looks. He is still very handsome.

I thought that Slash was reunited with them in 2010.

Btw i'm Chris Pittman

I don't care about your opinion, though. If you thought Axl shitty horrid vocals were great, that's okay with me, do I really need to state the obvious? Your opinion won't change mine, mine won't change yours. Axl has sounded like utter shit since Rio 2011.