Slash's infamous Malibu visit in 2005 - what do you think happened?

SoulMonster

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

LOL at the people who are actually believing Axl and his Nanny in this case, seriously haven't you seen what Axl has been saying and doing since the past so many years.

I'll be the first to admit I am far from sure in what I think about this. But doesn't it strike you as odd that even Slash's buddies in VR believed Axl rather than Slash? That Slash basically left VR after Axl's press release? And that Slash never really spoke out against the vile accusations if they were false? What did he gain from not protesting? What did he gain from trying to conceal that he had visited Axl, if all he really did was just to try to fix the court case? In short, Slash acted like as if the accusations were true and that he had been called out when he attempted to distance himself from VR while ingratiating himself with Axl again. Not an awfully strong argument, I agree, but enough to tip the scales in Axl's favor, in my humble opinion.

Who said Slash left VR or VR was over after this? The fact is that Slash is still working with Duff and Matt, they are still friends, after this even Scott came out and said things regarding Axl.

You would seriously believe Beta? We all know she is totally against Slash and she made up shit and told to Axl. Like Slash would say that he has lost the War against Axl and blah blah? lol.

There was no need of Slash to come out and say things against Axl after the press release. After this whole "friendship" thing, None of them have come out and spoken regarding this and none of them have denied which is very weird.

Slash says that after the press release his relationship with the rest of the band soured a lot, and that he took his gear and left for home to let things blow over. That's what I meant with "basically left the band". The whole band took a time out, not sure whether Slash would come back, and probably whether they would want him back, or if he was -- as media reported -- heading back to GN'R.

Yes, as I have stated before, I am inclined to believe Beta over Slash on this, for the reasons mentioned. I know of no other example of betae making up such vile accusations against Slash which would make it plausibel in this case either.

You are right, there was no NEED to come out and protest against the vile accusations, but there were numerous GOOD reasons for him to do so, including: repairing the relationship with the rest of the band which was really bad from before and becamse a lot worse after the press release, especially the relationship with Scott who actually did speak out against Axl and probably expected Slash to support him, and fixing his own public image which took a real hit as a result of his silence on the matter where Axl's press release was allowed to stand uncontested. No need, right, but enough good reasons, in my opinion. If you were a public figure and someone released a press release full of slander and awful accusations against you, wouldn't you protest and speak out against it? All Slash did was state he would make an announcement, but it never happened, try to dismiss him having talked to Axl (as if THAT was the crux of the matter) or even visiting Axl's house (something he would admit he did later), and then, much later, claim he just went there to fix the court case...and besides he was drunk. To this day he has never, as far as I know, actually explicitly said the press release was wrong on what he said about VR.

I seriously don't get what you mean by "Image" here, after this thing, see how many records Slash has put out and how his friendship has been with Duff, Matt, Dave and other people in the industry.

its 2015 now man and just see the facts what Slash has been doing since the past 10 years, you will get your answer.

The key fact here is he was drunk. Slash himself probably cannot recall what Slash said.

I don't thin SM is much of a drinker or knows how one's mind works under the influence, it's a variable he can't take into consideration when making his assumption. But yeah, you're right, dude was drunk, maybe Axl was drunk too? Beta?

Beta got both of them drunk :lol:

I wouldnt necessarily say Axl lied but he has a way to see things that dont match anybody elses versions. He also said he wanted to make a blues record but Slash and the rest wanted control about the band. Seriously? I cant believe that. I just as well cant believe that Slash badmouthed his bandmates in VR by talking shit to the help.

you mean Slash wanted to make blues record thatvAxl called 'south rock', while Axl wanted to make 'electro rock/prog rock' inspired by Nine Inch Nails

Axl said in his letters that he was ready to make a blues rock record in order to get another album out.

I wouldnt necessarily say Axl lied but he has a way to see things that dont match anybody elses versions. He also said he wanted to make a blues record but Slash and the rest wanted control about the band. Seriously? I cant believe that. I just as well cant believe that Slash badmouthed his bandmates in VR by talking shit to the help.

you mean Slash wanted to make blues record thatvAxl called 'south rock', while Axl wanted to make 'electro rock/prog rock' inspired by Nine Inch Nails

Axl said in his letters that he was ready to make a blues rock record in order to get another album out.

Well at the moment he should just put the record out which he supposedly completed 15 years ago.

The key fact here is he was drunk. Slash himself probably cannot recall what Slash said.

I don't thin SM is much of a drinker or knows how one's mind works under the influence, it's a variable he can't take into consideration when making his assumption. But yeah, you're right, dude was drunk, maybe Axl was drunk too? Beta?

I am but that is neither here nor there when my argument is that Slash is lying and him not being able to know what he said due to being drunk only strengthens that argument.

LOL at the people who are actually believing Axl and his Nanny in this case, seriously haven't you seen what Axl has been saying and doing since the past so many years.

I'll be the first to admit I am far from sure in what I think about this. But doesn't it strike you as odd that even Slash's buddies in VR believed Axl rather than Slash? That Slash basically left VR after Axl's press release? And that Slash never really spoke out against the vile accusations if they were false? What did he gain from not protesting? What did he gain from trying to conceal that he had visited Axl, if all he really did was just to try to fix the court case? In short, Slash acted like as if the accusations were true and that he had been called out when he attempted to distance himself from VR while ingratiating himself with Axl again. Not an awfully strong argument, I agree, but enough to tip the scales in Axl's favor, in my humble opinion.

Who said Slash left VR or VR was over after this? The fact is that Slash is still working with Duff and Matt, they are still friends, after this even Scott came out and said things regarding Axl.

You would seriously believe Beta? We all know she is totally against Slash and she made up shit and told to Axl. Like Slash would say that he has lost the War against Axl and blah blah? lol.

There was no need of Slash to come out and say things against Axl after the press release. After this whole "friendship" thing, None of them have come out and spoken regarding this and none of them have denied which is very weird.

Slash says that after the press release his relationship with the rest of the band soured a lot, and that he took his gear and left for home to let things blow over. That's what I meant with "basically left the band". The whole band took a time out, not sure whether Slash would come back, and probably whether they would want him back, or if he was -- as media reported -- heading back to GN'R.

Yes, as I have stated before, I am inclined to believe Beta over Slash on this, for the reasons mentioned. I know of no other example of betae making up such vile accusations against Slash which would make it plausibel in this case either.

You are right, there was no NEED to come out and protest against the vile accusations, but there were numerous GOOD reasons for him to do so, including: repairing the relationship with the rest of the band which was really bad from before and becamse a lot worse after the press release, especially the relationship with Scott who actually did speak out against Axl and probably expected Slash to support him, and fixing his own public image which took a real hit as a result of his silence on the matter where Axl's press release was allowed to stand uncontested. No need, right, but enough good reasons, in my opinion. If you were a public figure and someone released a press release full of slander and awful accusations against you, wouldn't you protest and speak out against it? All Slash did was state he would make an announcement, but it never happened, try to dismiss him having talked to Axl (as if THAT was the crux of the matter) or even visiting Axl's house (something he would admit he did later), and then, much later, claim he just went there to fix the court case...and besides he was drunk. To this day he has never, as far as I know, actually explicitly said the press release was wrong on what he said about VR.

I seriously don't get what you mean by "Image" here, after this thing, see how many records Slash has put out and how his friendship has been with Duff, Matt, Dave and other people in the industry.

its 2015 now man and just see the facts what Slash has been doing since the past 10 years, you will get your answer.

What I mean is that back in 2006 his image was hurt by Axl's press release. It was to put it mildly, somewhat of an embarassing story. And it DID harm his relationship with the rest of the VR guys. Yet he didn't seem to bother refute the accusations.

Are there really people here who are stupid enough to believe that Slash bared his soul and spilled his guts to BETA?!

A drunken Slash blabbering to Axl's PA back in 2005 in the hope that she would relay his thoughts on VR? Yeah, I am apparently that stupid.

I have said stupider things than that drunk :D and Slash isn't really brilliant when NOT drunk, either. Who here thinks tha being intoxicated turns him into some baffling strategem of wise decisions and clever thinking?

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1

He cannot be lying if he was drunk and cannot remember anything! The fact that he was drunk rather exonerates him.

If he is drunk and can't remember anything yet still claims that he didn't say specific things? I don't know what to call that, maybe you are right and it isn't lying :D

Have you never been drunk?

You can say things that are completely omitted from your memory.

He cannot be lying if he was drunk and cannot remember anything! The fact that he was drunk rather exonerates him.

If he is drunk and can't remember anything yet still claims that he didn't say specific things? I don't know what to call that, maybe you are right and it isn't lying :D

Read what I wrote one more time ;)

Do you want him to come out and admit something that he may (or may not of) said, just to cover all eventualities? If you are so bladdered there is always a 0.5% chance you said anything.

Do you want him to come out and admit something that he may (or may not of) said, just to cover all eventualities? If you are so bladdered there is always a 0.5% chance you said anything.

If he doesn't remember anything then I would expect him to not claim all he did was to hand over a note :D

I look forward to reading this thread, but before I do I'd like to note I never thought this story was true. It always seemed to be very out of character for Slash, and what was said never really made any sense. Also, if it DID happen, he should have been allowed to talk to Axl. Axl's a big boy and could have walked away from the conversation anytime he wanted. He only served to look good from this scenario.

But you do not have absolute powers of recollection when you are drunk. As far as Slash is concerned, when he woke up in the morning with a stinking hangover, all he could remember of the night before was the handing over of a note.

No, but a hardened drinker like Slash would surely be aware his recollection was sketchy at best and that other things could have happened that he simply couldn't remember. After all, he's been through it before ;)

Still, I don't know what your point is (as usual). If he claimed he only handed ove a note, due to not remembering anything else happening, then that wouldn't technically be lying, I suppose :shrugs:

Drink blots out memories. Hardened drinkers have whole periods of their life omitted. Are you saying that Slash - in fact anybody who has been on the piss the night before - should provisionally say, ''yes there is a 0.1% chance that I got my penis out and started swinging it around while singing 'Dancing Queen' by Abba? There is a smidgen of a chance that this behaviour by me happened so I'm telling you this to cover all possible eventualities''.

Drink blots out memories. Hardened drinkers have whole periods of their life omitted. Are you saying that Slash - in fact anybody who has been on the piss the night before - should provisionally say, ''yes there is a 0.1% chance that I got my penis out and started swinging it around while singing 'Dancing Queen' by Abba? There is a smidgen of a chance that this behaviour by me happened so I'm telling you this to cover all possible eventualities''.

No, I am saying he shouldn't claim that ALL that happened was that he left a note, nor deny that anything else could have happened. Are you being deliberately obtuse? :D

He should have manned up and gone to talk to Slash instead of sending his Nanny.

If I didn't want to speak to anyone I'd send my PA, too :D

But yeah, given that he was available it would have been more professional to talk with Slash F2F. But that is a rather minor point in this discussion, I think.

How the heck is he supposed to claim otherwise when his powers of recollection can only bring forth the handing over of the note?

Oh my. I never said he should "claim otherwise", just not make any statements to the effect that ALL he did was deliver that note. If he is embarrased about having a blackout, and feared that admitting not remembering what actually happened would lend credence to the argument that he actually badmouthed his bandmates, then he should just shut up about and not say ANYTHING.

Personally, in the highly hypothetic scenario where it was me waking up to a press release claiming I said something awfully stupid while drunk, then I wouldn't deny making those statements alltogether unless I was 100 % sure I never could have said them even when absolutely blottoed, but rather distance myself from the content to make everyone understand that those things is not something I actually mean (unless I actually meant them). I am sure Slash has a publicist who could help him with this. It is really not hard.

• Like 1

He should have manned up and gone to talk to Slash instead of sending his Nanny.

But yeah, given that he was available it would have been more professional to talk with Slash F2F. But that is a rather minor point in this discussion, I think.

How is that minor point in the discussion? it is the main point in the discussion, Slash came to talk to Axl, not his Nanny.

How is that minor point in the discussion? it is the main point in the discussion, Slash came to talk to Axl, not his Nanny.

If you see the poll you will see that I intended this to be about who is lying, not why Axl didn't talk to Slash personally. But by all means, focus on whatever you want; to me it is just a minor point :headbang:

I've read through the thread, and for what its worth I think I understand what SM is saying. I'm not inclined to believe Beta, but I agree that if Slash woke up one morning and saw this I don't know why he wouldn't fight back against it. He doesn't have to, but it makes him look pretty stupid. And you really can't just ignore that he originally said it never happened and then said "well, it did, but not the way they claim." Thats strike one in looking pretty lame.

I don't think he spilled his guts to Axl's nanny. I don't believe that. But he should remember at least some of what he said, or if it really was just a note giving. And if he cant, cause he was that drunk, surely Perla would remember wouldn't she? Were they both just drunk driving through California?! In their 40s, with kids? That seems insane. SOMEONE other than Beta should be able to confirm what Slash said, namely himself or Perla. And I agree with SM that its weird they never really said anything more concrete about it. It looks bad and he kind of just let it slide, and not just because it was easier to do that.

Obiviously Slash is still friends with Duff and Matt. Which is why I don't believe he said those things. But he wrote an entire book about his life where during 75% of it he was drunk but seems to be able to remember a great many things. It is odd that this one crucial moment in GNR's history he would remember nothing. The way Slash handled it, it does make it seem like Axl and Beta aren't lying, even though I still don't believe it. But like Soul Monster is saying, there's really nothing from Slash you can point to that denies it happened, which is odd Slash would leave it that way.