Slash's infamous Malibu visit in 2005 - what do you think happened?

SoulMonster

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So no actual post or statement that is a lie, like guy claimed.

Just the poorly worded statement that some people took to mean something else than what he actually said?

I killed my wife last night.......at scrabble.

That doesn't mean I actually killed her.

Enough with murdering your wife....... at scrabble. Please try to focus on the FACT Slash misled the fan base. He had a cool reason to lie, But he still did it.

And you know... we might never know if he actually said those things about Scott, Matt, and Duff. We have no proof. Just that he was less than honest. Even if it was just by knowing what people might think and misleading them. Cause everyone didn't know if he actually went to Axl's house after he said they didn't talk for years.

So yeah... could have been more honest no? and if he did say those things about his band members, shame on him. But it's Slash, so I don't really give a shit. I don't hold him to some imaginary standard.

Edited by Rovim

Can you link me to quote

No links. I think he misled the fan base, but I can understand why. But he was dishonest man. He made it look like he didn't even go to Axl's house. Slash claims he was drunk, Axl's camp says he wasn't and said all those mean things about Scott, Duff, and Matt.

So no actual post or statement that is a lie, like guy claimed.

Just the poorly worded statement that some people took to mean something else than what he actually said?

I killed my wife last night.......at scrabble.

That doesn't mean I actually killed her.

Man don't you know, Rovim just doesn't need any proofs or facts. As long as he says something, it has to be true. Why do you even question this?

The man is brutally honest.

• Like 1

Man don't you know, Rovim just doesn't need any proofs or facts. As long as he says something, it has to be true. Why do you even question this?

Slash made it look like he didn't go to Axl's house by just saying there was no contact for years. It's lying by omission. Than he confessed he did go.

His intention was to see Axl and talk to him. Think about that. When asked about the rumors and if there was any truth to them, Slash just made it seem like nope, didn't talk to him for years/didn't see him for years.

At this point it's semantics what you're talking about. So he worded it nicely. Still misleading. So please don't make it about me just because you and/or Apollo can't support your argument bros.

Edited by Rovim

Slash made it look like he didn't go to Axl's house by just saying there was no contact for years. It's lying by omission. Than he confessed he did go.

His intention was to see Axl and talk to him. Think about that. When asked about the rumors and if there was any truth to them, Slash just made it seem like nope, didn't talk to him for years/didn't see him for years.

At this point it's semantics what you're talking about. So he worded it nicely. Still misleading. So please don't make it about me just because you and/or Apollo can't support your argument bros.

Lol. U keep say Slash lied.

Now you are saying he lied by omission.

And you end it by saying we can't support our argument?

Now this is just getting too silly to even continue.

Brutally honest man

Show me 50-60 times where I've been dishonest about things and I will retire from the board.

There have been 17 times where you lied about Slash.

Can we count the times where you have told us what Axl or Slash "really meant" when they've said things? Your interpretation of what they "meant" instead of what they actually said?

No one can say for certain that Slash meant to say he didn't visit Axl's house or ONLY that he did't talk to Axl. It is an ambigious sentence that can be interpreted both ways. I lean towards him lying about it because he was embarrased. It fits with his other actions in that period.

EDIt: And oh yeah, Apollo's analogy doesn't work. He needs an analogy with the disjunction AND.

Edited by SoulMonster

No one can say for certain that Slash meant to say he didn't visit Axl's house or ONLY that he did't talk to Axl. It is an ambigious sentence that can be interpreted both ways. I lean towards him lying about it because he was embarrased. It fits with his other actions in that period.

EDIt: And oh yeah, Apollo's analogy doesn't work. He needs an analogy with the disjunction AND.

I didn't go to Axl's house and say those things.

You are not understanding how the word and is bring used.

But of course, like always, your weird little grudge forces you to disagree with everything I post. I could say your name on here was SoulMonster and you would argue that it wasn't. Funny to watch.

As for the topic.

I am taking Slash's comment at face value.

Some of you are "interpreting" it to mean whatever fits your agenda.

It's really just a difference in how we view and treat others. One way is with respect. The other is with arrogance.

They're all a bunch of snidey cunts.

Well said! Great musicians, but fame hungry, moral free guttersnipes that would sell their grandmothers for another minute in the sun.

You said this and he said that and im right and hes wrong and ahhhhhhh shut the fuck up and play music, this shit is like fuckin' Dallas, bunch of tarts.

Well said! Great musicians, but fame hungry, moral free guttersnipes that would sell their grandmothers for another minute in the sun.

You said this and he said that and im right and hes wrong and ahhhhhhh shut the fuck up and play music, this shit is like fuckin' Dallas, bunch of tarts.

That's amusing for some people though. It's silly, but it's fascinating to me. I don't care why or that they're all cunts. I don't think Izzy is a cunt though. His actions seems to imply he is a man who truly doesn't give a fuck.

Pretty much. A slight too self-important chaps who are cushioned to adulation, all of which is coming from people with bigger problems than a multi-million-dollar income.

They should go down incognito to witness how their hair-metal peers (Cinderella et al) are doing nowadays. Might be insightful in regards to how privileged they really are.

Pretty much. A slight too self-important chaps who are cushioned to adulation, all of which is coming from people with bigger problems than a multi-million-dollar income.

They should go down incognito to witness how their hair-metal peers (Cinderella et al) are doing nowadays. Might be insightful in regards to how privileged they really are.

I find it difficult to respect men like that, snides, back-biting tarts, all that negative sentiment, if you any sense of yourself or of your own dignity why would you want anything to do with people that've done you like these lot have done each other. The way i see it is a mans as good as his word and these lots word dont mean shit, wave a fuckin' pound note under their noses and they'll drop their knickers quicker than you can say 'artistic integrity'. Axl basically cunted the lot of em off, made a bollocks of the band whilst apparently standing on principle that he wanted to make new and different music, realised he was shit at it and then went back whilst the rest had pretty much been waiting in a time warp, it's fuckin' pathetic.

Edited by Len B'stard

I find it difficult to respect men like that, snides, back-biting tarts, all that negative sentiment, if you any sense of yourself or of your own dignity why would you want anything to do with people that've done you like these lot have done each other. The way i see it is a mans as good as his word and these lots word dont mean shit, wave a fuckin' pound note under their noses and they'll drop their knickers quicker than you can say 'artistic integrity'. Axl basically cunted the lot of em off, made a bollocks of the band whilst apparently standing on principle that he wanted to make new and different music, realised he was shit at it and then went back whilst the rest had pretty much been waiting in a time warp, it's fuckin' pathetic.

Kind of a double standard no? you like AFD and you liked the themes of it. The music was lived in. Do you honestly expect a former drug dealer to be a classy human being?

I mean... it's ok when you do it to a stripper but not a band mate when you're young, insane, and you've got all this power and fame now. I don't know man... Slash even stole the top hat with the little belt on it. Welcome to the bollocks.

And Axl didn't realize he was shit at it, cause he said he was satisfied with the music and that he thinks that it'll do even more than what it already did. His opinion.

Edited by Rovim

Kind of a double standard no? you like AFD and you liked the themes of it. The music was lived in. Do you honestly expect a former drug dealer to be a classy human being?

Whoose a former drug dealer and why can't a former drug dealer be principled and not be a bitch?
I mean... it's ok when you do it to a stripper but not a band mate when you're young, insane, and you've got all this power and fame now. I don't know man... Slash even stole the top hat with the little belt on it. Welcome to the bollocks.

Not sure what you're talking about here!

And Axl didn't realize he was shit at it, cause he said he was satisfied with the music and that he thinks that it'll do even more than what it already did. His opinion.

How'd you know?

Whoose a former drug dealer and why can't a former drug dealer be principled and not be a bitch?

How'd you know?

I know because he said that in an interview. That Metal Show interview. I know that it is his opinion.

I'll try to be more coherent: all I'm saying is that the personalities reflected in Appetite so well, you know... some of those people did not drastically change, their emotional problems, douchebaggery, and character flaws (cunts)

So... they led a certain lifestyle and the main principal it seems was to get by with what they had and make it. I don't think 5 nice "lads" could have created Appetite For Destruction. Now they are older, some of them fatter, and they're rich, but in their core, same self centered human beings with huge egos. (Axl and Slash)

So what's the surprise here? musicians that are cunts? many great bands just did not get along. Musicians too. Clapton stole women. No one's a pedo in Gn'R. That's a plus. You're suddenly gonna mention they're cunts? everybody knows that. Their image was based on being the most dangerous band in the world. That's horrid, but still. They were junkies and lived with strippers. Slash peed all over himself multiple times. Axl took advantage of the situation. It's not stabbing in the back, it's just the nature of the beast.

How'd you know?

I know because he said that in an interview. That Metal Show interview. I know that it is his opinion.

I'll try to be more coherent: all I'm saying is that the personalities reflected in Appetite so well, you know... some of those people did not drastically change, their emotional problems, douchebaggery, and character flaws (cunts)

So... they led a certain lifestyle and the main principal it seems was to get by with what they had and make it. I don't think 5 nice "lads" could have created Appetite For Destruction. Now they are older, some of them fatter, and they're rich, but in their core, same self centered human beings with huge egos. (Axl and Slash)

So what's the surprise here? musicians that are cunts? many great bands just did not get along. Musicians too. Clapton stole women. No one's a pedo in Gn'R. That's a plus. You're suddenly gonna mention they're cunts? everybody knows that. Their image was based on being the most dangerous band in the world. That's horrid, but still. They were junkies and lived with strippers. Slash peed all over himself multiple times. Axl took advantage of the situation. It's not stabbing in the back, it's just the nature of the beast.

No ones suprised, just making a distinction.

As far as shagging strippers, being a pisshead, weeing yourself, being a bit of a lunatic, great, wonderful, go for it...but doing your friends out of their just dues in a band, thats something else, nature of the beast my arse, thats called being a snide where i come from, there certain things, no matter how bad a person you are, you just should not do, it is precisely stabbing in the back, it's cheap low rent bullshit, it's like ratting on someone, it makes you worse than just some average kind of cunt. Or making sideways comments regarding cancer when the person in questions mother is dying of it.

And i dont agree that Appetite is a reflection of their personalities, Appetite is a bunch of songs designed to present a certain image, it dont tell you shit about the people other than what they want you to think of them. Are you trying to say that if you're a street person or perhaps a criminal then you are totally devoid of any kind of morals or ethics as human beings? Thats not how the world works.

Edited by Len B'stard

How'd you know?

No ones suprised, just making a distinction.

As far as shagging strippers, being a pisshead, weeing yourself, being a bit of a lunatic, great, wonderful, go for it...but doing your friends out of their just dues in a band, thats something else, nature of the beast my arse, thats called being a snide where i come from, there certain things, no matter how bad a person you are, you just should not do, it is precisely stabbing in the back, it's cheap low rent bullshit, it's like ratting on someone, it makes you worse than just some average kind of cunt.

And i dont agree that Appetite is a reflection of their personalities, Appetite is a bunch of songs designed to present a certain image, it dont tell you shit about the people other than what they want you to think of them. Are you trying to say that if you're a street person or perhaps a criminal then you are totally devoid of any kind of morals or ethics as human beings? Thats not how the world works.

Of course it doesn't. But in the case of Appetite specifically, it wasn't designed in that way entirely imo. My Michelle was real for example. SCOM, Out Ta Get Me showed Axl's paranoia. It's So Easy reflected how they lived.

Lennon was a cunt for example. Probably many other musicians you like. And it's not really distinct. I mean... a lot of artists are cunts. These are just 80's cunts that made retro music so maybe you're being a little harsh.

The Pistols were cunts. Every single one of those motherfuckers. For example.

And no one ripped off anyone according to Axl. The man doesn't lie. The shoplifting of the Gn'R name couldn't hold until now if it went down how Slash and Duff said it did and they were fucked up I believe.

It's not black and white imo. They don't seem to me like shitty people, just regular people with defects. They take advantage certain situations like how they got the record labels to pay for food and then fuck off.

Slash talked shit about Axl. Axl is spoiled, lazy, and not very stable. Things got fucked up and Duff said they all had a hand in it. No one did anything horrid. Slash is not evil, Axl takes things too far.

It's nothing new in the music business.

Edited by Rovim

Of course it doesn't. But in the case of Appetite specifically, it wasn't designed in that way entirely imo. My Michelle was real for example. SCOM, Out Ta Get Me showed Axl's paranoia. It's So Easy reflected how they lived.

Not entirely no, i could agree with that but it's more bullshit than reality.
Lennon was a cunt for example. Probably many other musicians you like. And it's not really distinct. I mean... a lot of artists are cunts. These are just 80's cunts that made retro music so maybe you're being a little harsh.

Yeah Lennon was a cunt but he wasn't a snide, he wasn't a weasel.

The Pistols were cunts. Every single one of those motherfuckers. For example.

The difference between a John Lydon and an Axl Rose can be beautifully summed up with this one example. Axl Rose basically shagged his bandmates out of the rights of to their band whereas John Lydon fought Malcolm McLaren in court over 10 years to win the rights to the band back so he could split it evenly between himself and his bandmates, despite the fact that for half of those ten years the very bandmates on whoose behalf he was partly fighting were taking Malcolms side and against him. He then started up a new band called PiL, in much the same way Axl made NuGnR, Axl had them boys on a wage, Lydon split PiL evenly among the members, some of whom were amateur musicians but they were also his mates. And Axl ain't anymore street than John Lydon, in fact he's a lot less so.
And no one ripped off anyone according to Axl. The man doesn't lie. The shoplifting of the Gn'R name couldn't hold until now if it went down how Slash and Duff said it did and they were fucked up I believe.

'the man doesn't lie', please.

It's not black and white imo. They don't seem to me like shitty people, just regular people with defects. They take advantage certain situations like how they got the record labels to pay for food and then fuck off.

Slash talked shit about Axl. Axl is spoiled, lazy, and not very stable. Things got fucked up and Duff said they all had a hand in it. No one did anything horrid. Slash is not evil, Axl takes things too far.

It's nothing new in the music business.

And there have always been a lot of hoes in the music business.

Please give me an example of a song on Appetite that wasn't genuine or reflected the lifestyle of the band at the time.

The name thing... like I said in my previous post, it seems odd to me that it will hold in court if it happened like Slash and Duff said it did. Axl denied it. So who to believe? we don't know what really happened. All I know is it's unlikely it will hold if it was under duress.

Also: there are many, many types of cunts. I don't think Axl is the lying kind. The animosity was there, it ended badly, but it was for the same old reasons, they were young and suddenly rich and the music industry seem to encourage self centered diva behavior, especially if you're making money on that scale.

The only really difficult personalities is the most ego driven ones in Guns and it was always Axl and Slash. Axl just blew shit out of proportions and lost 20 years of working with Slash and Duff cause he is a "sensitive" guy.

Slash talked shit about Axl and wasn't always brutally honest. Axl says Slash told him no lyrics, no nothing, just sing and refused to give Axl access to Fall To Pieces. We don't know who to believe. Technically.

It's just a pack of wolves that made it big.

Edited by Rovim

Please give me an example of a song on Appetite that wasn't genuine or reflected the lifestyle of the band at the time.

The name thing... like I said in my previous post, it seems odd to me that it will hold in court if it happened like Slash and Duff said it did. Axl denied it. So who to believe? we don't know what really happened. All I know is it's unlikely it will hold if it was under duress.

Also: there are many, many types of cunts. I don't think Axl is the lying kind. The animosity was there, it ended badly, but it was for the same old reasons, they were young and suddenly rich and the music industry seem to encourage self centered diva behavior, especially if you're making money on that scale.

The only really difficult personalities is the most ego driven ones in Guns and it was always Axl and Slash. Axl just blew shit out of proportions and lost 20 years of working with Slash and Duff cause he is a "sensitive" guy.

Slash talked shit about Axl and wasn't always brutally honest. Axl says Slash told him no lyrics, no nothing, just sing and refused to give Axl access to Fall To Pieces. We don't know who to believe. Technically.

It's just a pack of wolves that made it big.

But Axl got caught lying by this no-lyrics-thing. Suddenly he was willing to work on some tunes after the record was almost done. If Slash said no lyrics before, then it doesn't make any sense.

It doesn't make any sense that Dover has writing credits on almost every song either.

Axls always pretending to be the victim. Always. If that's brutally honest for you, fine. But that's pretty naive IMO.