Stuff in the News where you are.

Snake-Pit

I don't know if any other countries were talking about it, but yesterday, the main headline in the UK was about Timothy Peake becoming the first official British astronaut to fly into space.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/space/12050401/Tim-Peake-launch-British-astronaut-blasts-off-towards-International-Space-Station-live.html

6dff252e8b2e1ef35cb9bbfcdd5488a7.jpg

Also, that story in LA with the schools.

Edited by Snake-Pit

My local paper goes with a story about people wanking in a stolen car on a garage forecourt. Two times it happened on the same night :lol: Blackwood, same place the Manic Street Preachers are from.

http://m.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/14143774.Two_men_arrested__after_allegedly__pleasuring_themselves__on_petrol_station_forecourt_in_a_stolen_car_/

• Like 1

Muslim family 'denied boarding' on flight to US from London (Gatwick)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-35111938

Tonight a family was told at the last minute they couldn't board a flight to Los Angeles from LGW/London Gatwick.

They were all ready to board, 9 people, 4 adults, there was no explanation given leaving heartbroken children crying because of their faith and faith of their families.

Norwegian Air which was the carrier operating the service had received a call from the US Homeland security telling them they didn't want them entering the United States.

The father had been detained in Tel-Aviv, Israel once before...

Edited by Snake-Pit

Snake-Pit I love ya buddy but you been smoking this morning? The two stories you quoted are world news mate you could be in a dark stingy hole in Tiawana and know about then two stores that's world news not local news

You say world news, but I have a feeling that only UK covered that first British astronaut story...

Big thing here is people keep getting mangled up in escalators. Not sure how it's happening. One guy got cometely eaten. Then another woman got her legs chewed up but saved her baby.

Glad the baby's legs didn't get all chewed up as well. Sad about the mommy. At least the baby will have an interesting story to tell someday and pity fucks. 'Take off your clothes, my mommy's legs got chewed up by an elevator" springs to mind.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Yorkshire, where things get kidnapped and babies are stolen...

I hope no one steals no babies...

Saying that a baby Jesus figure was kidnapped without a ransom note is... Not how I would have done that story...

I might have tried to appeal to the reader's heart strings and pull on them with a story enthusing the time of year and the upset owner... If that story got passed to me to write.

Edited by Snake-Pit

on the radio it has been a woman went nuts and took her car and ran a bunch of people over in las vegas. 1 dead over 30 wounded. she was said to be on some kind of stimulant.

in my home state schools in nashua were cancelled when someone called in and threatened to shoot up the school.

The News Where You Are- James Robertson.

That’s all from us. Now it’s time for the news where you are.

The news where you are comes after the news where we are. The news where we are is the news. It comes first. The news where you are is the news where you are. It comes after. We do not have the news where you are.

The news where you are may be news to you but it is not news to us.

The news may be international, national or regional. The news where we are may be international news. The news where you are is never international news. Where you are is not international. The news where you are comes after the international and national news.

The news where you are may be national news or regional news. However, national news where you are is not national news where we are. It is the news where you are.

If the news where you are is national news it is only national where you are.

The news where we are is national wherever you are.

On Saturdays, there is no news where you are after the news where we are. In fact there is no news where you are on Saturdays. Any news there is, is not where you are. It is where we are. If there is news where you are but not where we are it will wait until Sunday.

After the news where you are comes the weather.

The weather where you are is not the national weather. The weather where you are comes after the news where you are, and after the weather where you are comes the national weather.

Do not confuse the national weather with the weather where you are. The weather where you are comes first but is lesser weather than the national weather.

Extreme weather is news. However, weather that is more extreme where you are than where we are is not news. Weather that is extreme where we are is news, even if extreme weather where we are is only average weather where you are.

On average, weather where you are is more extreme than weather where we are.

Tough shit.

Good night.

Saying that a baby Jesus figure was kidnapped without a ransom note is... Not how I would have done that story...

I might have tried to appeal to the reader's heart strings and pull on them with a story enthusing the time of year and the upset owner... If that story got passed to me to write.

How would you do this story then Snakes cos I'm honestly at a loss for word.

http://m.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/14158690.UPDATE__150_cars_have_tyres_slashed_in_Somerton__Newport_in_vandals_rampage/

How would you do this story then Snakes cos I'm honestly at a loss for word.

http://m.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/14158690.UPDATE__150_cars_have_tyres_slashed_in_Somerton__Newport_in_vandals_rampage/

I'd call that merriment to be honest :D

Croydon's so backwards, that this is considered 'Kitten up a tree news'..

4577651.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=mc3

Police released CCTV footage of a Omaree Lindsay cruising into Co-op on a hoverboard and stealing Lucozade

Chris Baynes, Senior Reporter - Croydon / 12:25 Wednesday 23 December 2015 / News

Britain's first hoverboard shoplifter has been spared jail for gliding out of a supermarket with a crate of stolen Lucozade.

Omaree Lindsay, 19, of Cecil Road, Croydon, was sentenced to community service yesterday for the brazen theft from a Co-op store in Mitcham.

He was arrested earlier this month after police released CCTV footage of him calmly cruising into the Streatham Road shop on the gadget, kitted out with blue flashing lights.

The video showed Lindsay, clad in a grey hoodie, snatching a 20-pack of the soft drink on September 9 before reversing down the aisle and breezing out of the door.

The teenager became the first person convicted of illegally riding a hoverboard - a self-balancing Segway that was this year's must-have Christmas gift until safety fears emerged - at Croydon Magistrates' Court on December 12.

He admitted a charge of driving a road vehicle on a footpath and stealing the Lucozade bottles, worth £15.

At a sentencing hearing before Croydon magistrates yesterday, Lindsay claimed he could not remember the theft but handed himself in to police after seeing the video in the media.

Speaking outside court following the hearing, he said he had learned of his place in legal history by reading a story online.

Promoted stories

He told the Croydon Guardian: "It is crazy.

"I haven't got [the hoverboard] anymore. I sold it because I heard they'd been banned or something."

Lindsay was also convicted of breaching a community order, handed to him for driving offences in August, following a short trial yesterday.

He had been ordered to carry out 150 hours of unpaid work but missed three sessions at Aerodrome Primary Academy in October.

Deputy district judge Adrian Turner told him: "You really have made things harder for yourself.

"You breached the community order, committed another offence and didn't pay off the financial order.

"You are going to end up in detention at this rate. You don't deserve to be there for the offences, but you will be because of attitude.

"Your head's in the sand, isn't it?"

Share article

He sentenced Lindsay to 180 works of community service and ordered him to pay £150 costs within a week.

Amazon stopped selling hoverboards earlier this month after National Trading Standards warned thousands of the gadgets had non-compliant electrical components that could explode or catch fire.

Edited by Snake-Pit

• 4 weeks later...