What's the most overrated GNR song?

There's a lot of love for CITR. I don't get it. Never did. I like the outro and that's it.

November Rain, of course. Not only is it a really bad song, in my opinion, it also has the potential to be overrated.

Except for the ending. The ending is really good. The rest is just meandering, soppy, piano clunking.

• Like 1

There Was A Time and Coma

I mostly agree with this, the "I would do anything for you's" at the end overcook and IMO tarnish an otherwise pretty epic song.

I've never gotten the rabid love for Coma either, that one is the first that popped into my mind.

Never had a problem with November Rain myself, it's a song I don't go out of my way to listen to anymore but when I hear it (talking real GNR/Slash era versions here) I'm always impressed.

Could be nostalgia, but I think it's a great song.

Among us fans, Coma, hands down. I never, for the sake of our great patron Saint Ashba, understood why sooooo many of you think this song is some kind of hidden gem. Great vocals from Axl, some nice licks from Slash, but come on. Boring, repetitive and over-produed even by UYI standards..

• Like 4

Jungle is in no way overrated. It is rightly considered to be one of the best hard rock songs of all time and is undoubtedly one of GNRs best tracks.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Paradise City. That chorus is such a cheesefest.

I was going to mention Paradise too. That song does nothing for me know. I never listen to it.

That's last two and half minutes make Coma (and is arguably some of Axl's best work lyrically) - the first 7.5? Eh....I could do without.

CD songs should not be mentioned cause only 20% of the people know who go to the live shows.

Sweet Child and WTTJ are pretty over rated, I love them and I always listen to them, but people who don't even know GNR know Sweet Child. Basically its their signature songs.

I guess even KOHD is over rated.

Coma is great, it's rated but not overrated. Metal fans rate it but it's not seen as the best GNR song much.

Overrated doesn't mean being undeservedely considered as the best song.
It could do if it's really only one of the best songs.

Coma is great, it's rated but not overrated. Metal fans rate it but it's not seen as the best GNR song much.

I agree.

Edited by Rovim

Among the forum people, Breakdown for sure.

Much stronger argument for Breakdown rather than songs like Coma, Estranged, Locomotive, Rocket Queen, Paradise City, November Rain, Sweet Child, or Welcome to the Jungle, all of which are A-grade songs that just get overplayed/overpraised.

Breakdown on the other hand is a C- in my humble opinion, which gets hyped as one of GNR's highlights on par with any of the aforementioned titles. No way Jose. Don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining.

Edited by Flayer