What's the most overrated GNR song?

I don't think I have any overrated songs. Many GN'R songs are simply overplayed, but that doesn't mean the songs themselves aren't good

One GN'R song that people seem to like more than me is Dust N' Bones. Never thought that song was more than average

November Rain. It has its place in GNR's history, but it's not THAT great of a song.

No

Edited by Bro-mero

coma is the first song springing to mind

it's main problem is, it's just too long. it builds, and builds, but it builds to nowhere. ok that's not true. you hear hospital sounds eventually.

i'm sure the song has a deep personal meaning to axl, and no doubt is it an example of deep emotive expression within the lyrics. but that doesnt change the fact the song gives me the feeling it's just one more of axl's grand visions, forced on the rest of the band who had to come up with some tunes to accompany the lyrics.

the song lacks the vibrance of double talking jive (which is, ironically, criminally underrated) or the rocking edge of RNDTH or YCBM.

the song has many fans though, and they are loud in spreading the word. but here's the thing: a good song sells itself, it doesnt need "sellers" to do that.

i could have happily done without the song on UYI 1. the song is a stylistical gap with the other songs and feels out of place. it would feel more at home on chinese (an album which i've come to dislike more and more over the years).

Edited by action

No it wasn't on the radio a lot, the band sent out a bunch of cease and desists after Eddie Trunk played it once.

Wow- These guys are absolute masters of publicity, aren't they?

Seriously though, to answer the actual topic here, do all of the supposed "CD2" mystery songs qualify?

You guys have been speculating about how fantastic and life-changing these tunes will be ("Thyme" and "Atlas Shrugged" & "Seven" etc- most of which sound like working titles but whatever) for so long...

how could they possibly live up to these expectations after all these years? And isn't that the most overrated thing you could imagine?

it's main problem is, it's just too long. it builds, and builds, but it builds to nowhere. ok that's not true. you hear hospital sounds eventually.

i'm sure the song has a deep personal meaning to axl, and no doubt is it an example of deep emotive expression within the lyrics. but that doesnt change the fact the song gives me the feeling it's just one more of axl's grand visions, forced on the rest of the band who had to come up with some tunes to accompany the lyrics.

the song lacks the vibrance of double talking jive (which is, ironically, criminally underrated) or the rocking edge of RNDTH or YCBM.

the song has many fans though, and they are loud in spreading the word. but here's the thing: a good song sells itself, it doesnt need "sellers" to do that.

i could have happily done without the song on UYI 1. the song is a stylistical gap with the other songs and feels out of place. it would feel more at home on chinese (an album which i've come to dislike more and more over the years).

saying it goes nowhere isn't true...Axl spills his guts at the end which is nothing short of amazing lyrically and vocally

i also disagree with it being left off of UYII...there is songs that could have been left off forsure but Coma isn't one. thats your opinion though

i believe the track is Slash's creation btw

Edited by -W.A.R-

saying it goes nowhere isn't true...Axl spills his guts at the end which is nothing short of amazing lyrically and vocally

i also disagree with it being left off of UYII...there is songs that could have been left off forsure but Coma isn't one. thats your opinion though

you're half right about the song being slash's creation. slash wrote the music first, it took axl about a year writing the lyrics for it. i had to look that up just now. never knew slash came up with the song. it's not something i would expect slash to write musically

you're half right about the song being slash's creation. slash wrote the music first, it took axl about a year writing the lyrics for it. i had to look that up just now. never knew slash came up with the song. it's not something i would expect slash to write musically

yeah thats what i mean....i knew Axl wrote the lyrics.

Not sure about "most overrated", but these songs are pretty overrated imo, among hardcore fans:

My Michelle

Coma

So Fine

Black Leather

Attitude

Raw Power

Street of Dreams

Actually, yeah. Coma is the most overrated. People here tend to hold it in the same regard as (relative) masterpieces like Estranged and SCOM. It's fucking awful until the 9th minute.

Edited by bacardimayne

Not sure about "most overrated", but these songs are pretty overrated imo, among hardcore fans:

My Michelle

Coma

So Fine

Black Leather

Attitude

Raw Power

Street of Dreams

Actually, yeah. Coma is the most overrated. People here tend to hold it in the same regard as (relative) masterpieces like Estranged and SCOM. It's fucking awful until the 9th minute.

I've never seen anybody talking in superlatives about these songs (except Coma)

ever

I'd say One In A Million. Strip back the controversy and you've got a very basic song with little to recommend it. More overrated amongst hardcore fans though. If we're talking overrated amongst casual fans then it has to be November Rain - a great track, but I think most of us would take Estranged over it any day.

Coma is amazing. And not in an overrated way! It's one of my favourite guns songs. The structure and dynamics match the story and lyrics. Heard little else like it.

Overrated in my opinion: Patience, Sweet Child... Heard them so much they can't live up to expectations.

November Rain

Live And let Die - overrated because they played it on every show since the UYI tour - for my taste way too much synths and pyro

KOHD

From CD Madagascar - since I heard it on MTV VMA I hated it. That whiny :axl: voice :vomit:

Edited by Alt Lyrics