What's the most overrated GNR song?

I can honestly say that no Classic GNR song is over rated. I love them all. COMA really captures the essence of running a code. WTTJ is my all time fav song! And Madagascar is so hauntingly beautiful. It's really unfortunate that Axl had trouble with his ear piece at that VMA show.

I wonder if someone may have intentionally sabotaged his equipment for that gig. I know several bands have had sound/equipment problems at the VMA- Pearl Jam and Neil Young immediately leap to mind. . They seem to have a history of monitor problems at high profile gigs (particularly festivals and medleys-situations where outside entities have the means, opportunity, and motive to impact their performance) so I don't think its out of the realm of possibility.

I can honestly say that no Classic GNR song is over rated. I love them all. COMA really captures the essence of running a code. WTTJ is my all time fav song! And Madagascar is so hauntingly beautiful. It's really unfortunate that Axl had trouble with his ear piece at that VMA show.

I wonder if someone may have intentionally sabotaged his equipment for that gig. I know several bands have had sound/equipment problems at the VMA- Pearl Jam and Neil Young immediately leap to mind. . They seem to have a history of monitor problems at high profile gigs (particularly festivals and medleys-situations where outside entities have the means, opportunity, and motive to impact their performance) so I don't think its out of the realm of possibility.

I never thought about that. But what you say makes a lot of sense.

Edited by Little EMO Annie

Agreed. These same people are also delaying the release of ChiDem2 and the reunion tour as well.

Agreed. These same people are also delaying the release of ChiDem2 and the reunion tour as well.

They are sabotaging integrity

Seriously though, to answer the actual topic here, do all of the supposed "CD2" mystery songs qualify?

You guys have been speculating about how fantastic and life-changing these tunes will be ("Thyme" and "Atlas Shrugged" & "Seven" etc- most of which sound like working titles but whatever) for so long...

how could they possibly live up to these expectations after all these years? And isn't that the most overrated thing you could imagine?

Hey just bumping my previous answer to the thread topic question- just in case you all missed it (read "intentionally ignored it") while you were arguing about whether Hendrix counts as hard rock or not.

:)

Now somone sabotaged Axl's monitors at the VMAs? Did they sabotage his treadmill as well?

Thanks Russ, i just spat out my cofee so i had to clean the laptops keyboard.... :lol::facepalm:

Now somone sabotaged Axl's monitors at the VMAs? Did they sabotage his treadmill as well?

I'm stealing that :P

:lol: You're both welcome. I'm feeling less bloated today and I'm in a fantastic mood, therefore I'm cracking jokes.

Seriously though, I have to laugh some times at the crazy things that people come up with the defend Axl. Dude wasn't prepared for the VMAs. Period. He's human, so that's ok. Was there a shit ton of pressure? Should he have prepared more? Yep, but he didn't. He rarely does.

I'm not saying any of that is ok, but it's expected. I just don't feel any need to run around looking for other things to blame outside of the one and only thing there is to blame.

There was a time outro

It is a good song, but I do agree that Outro is over rated, well only 10% of the GNR fans would know that song, but it is over rated, Bucket did a great job, it sounds amazing, but it is not that complex, he is just using a kill switch which is his signature thing.

Thanks Russ, i just spat out my cofee so i had to clean the laptops keyboard.... :lol::facepalm:

I'm stealing that :P

:lol: You're both welcome. I'm feeling less bloated today and I'm in a fantastic mood, therefore I'm cracking jokes.

Seriously though, I have to laugh some times at the crazy things that people come up with the defend Axl. Dude wasn't prepared for the VMAs. Period. He's human, so that's ok. Was there a shit ton of pressure? Should he have prepared more? Yep, but he didn't. He rarely does.

I'm not saying any of that is ok, but it's expected. I just don't feel any need to run around looking for other things to blame outside of the one and only thing there is to blame.

That about sums it up.

You can't help but laugh at the excuses some people come up with. Like these intricate spy level conspiracies.

Then you realize that they are convinced of it and then, well then you laugh more

There was a time outro

It is a good song, but I do agree that Outro is over rated, well only 10% of the GNR fans would know that song, but it is over rated, Bucket did a great job, it sounds amazing, but it is not that complex, he is just using a kill switch which is his signature thing.

Yeah that and Better are my favorites from nugnr

Edited by Gibbo 27

There was a time outro

It doesn't matter. The only relevant question is: is it good? and yes, it is. It's great. Only Bucket plays like that. The techniques he chooses to use are of no significance, cause he's saying something musical. It elevated the song. It had no release before Bucket added his outro.

Edited by Rovim

Strange things can happen before live performances at Awards Shows. John Travolta slaughtered Idina Menzel's name before she sang LET IT Go at the Academy Awards. She did admit that it threw her for a second. But FROZEN was such a beloved movie that the world would have forgiven her if she totally blew it.

Strange things can happen before live performances at Awards Shows. John Travolta slaughtered Idina Menzel's name before she sang LET IT Go at the Academy Awards. She did admit that it threw her for a second. But FROZEN was such a beloved movie that the world would have forgiven her if she totally blew it.

This has absolutely nothing to do with anything close to the topic. This is your last verbal warning regarding derailing topics. Please keep things relevant to the topic of each thread.

• Like 2