2016 Travel Thread

Snake-Pit

I was the only Scot there! Jonny was Canadian, Nienke was Dutch, Alessandra was Italian and Sam and Jenna were English... I did find a Scottish-themed bar though (with no Scottish people in it).

That's probably the whitest thing I've seen all day...

I wonder what it's like? :)

I love home and everything, but that looked so white to me.

... Worlds apart.

Sorry, I digress.

Edited by Snake-Pit

I was the only Scot there! Jonny was Canadian, Nienke was Dutch, Alessandra was Italian and Sam and Jenna were English... I did find a Scottish-themed bar though (with no Scottish people in it).

... Worlds apart.

Sorry, I digress.

You're an idiot!

... Worlds apart.

Sorry, I digress.

You're an idiot!

Just saying...

I'm not saying it's bad or anything.

Just saying it sounds 'white', to me.

Edited by Snake-Pit

The Mrs. and I have formed a rough idea for this year's vacation.

Probably going for 2 weeks of camping in either Switzerland and Austria, or Switzerland and Italy (Dolomites).

And somewhere near the end of the year a week on the Canari Islands.

Any tips for roughly around Interlaken or Grindelwald in Switzerland?

Or for Austria or the Dolomites area of Italy in general?

Edited by username

On 2/7/2016 at 11:45 AM, Gracii Guns said:

Finally booked. Dublin. Paris. Venice. Rome. Budapest. Athens. 

I've been to Paris, Venice, Rome and Budapest.  All wonderful cities.  Enjoy! 

On 2/10/2016 at 5:24 AM, SoulMonster said:

Decided to not go to Singapore, Orlando in stead. Booked flights to Manchester - Dazey, you hear me? - for March 11-13.

Nice.  Let me know if you have a few free hours when you are here.  Both Dirty Deeds and I are in Orlando.  We can go grab a beer somewhere.  ?

Edited by Kasanova King

30 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Nice.  Let me know if you have a few free hours when you are here.  Both Dirty Deeds and I are in Orlando.  We can go grab a beer somewhere. 

Definitely. I would love that. I will arrive at 8:32 pm on Saturday April 30 and leave again on Tuesday May 3. I will have the Sunday off, but Monday and Tuesday will be fully occupied with work. I will have Saturday night off, too, but I will probably be pretty jet-lagged after coming in that day, so maybe not very sociable :)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

In short, yes. But they cover far more than BA. 

Just air miles isn't it? I got quite a few from flights to the US last year but you only really see the benefit if you're flying several times a year. A friend of mine recently flew to Amsterdam for 12 hours and came straight back just to prevent all his air miles from expiring. :lol:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Just air miles isn't it? I got quite a few from flights to the US last year but you only really see the benefit if you're flying several times a year. A friend of mine recently flew to Amsterdam for 12 hours and came straight back just to prevent all his air miles from expiring. :lol:

Thanks. I'm considering saving mine up this year and using them towards a swanky hotel stay when we're travelling. 

Just now, Gracii Guns said:

Thanks. I'm considering saving mine up this year and using them towards a swanky hotel stay when we're travelling. 

If it's anything like Amex points then it might be quite good then to be honest. I didn't know you could use avios for hotel discounts. I used the points on my American Express account to pay for the MGM for the GnR Vegas show so it can be really handy. I'm gonna go see what I can spend my avios on now. Cheers Gracii. ?

• Like 1