New Years Eve

I recently saw a commercial for Dick Clarks rockin new years eve and they said a big surprise for that night. i know it is very doubtful but could GnR possibly be the surprise. I remember in 91 they did dont cry on Dick Clarks new years eve. Long shot but who knows

The original GNR haven't played together live since 1993. Axl's voice was iffy on a good night last we saw him, an Idina Menzel took a ton of shit last year for not quite nailing a single high note (proving that she was the only one singing live to begin with...). You really think Axl is making his grand return to the old lineup outside in the cold under that type of scrutiny? Absolutely not.

• Like 1

Who knows if they've even rehearsed yet...??You can almost guarantee they won't be playing.

Could they announce the reunion on New Years? Sure. Hopefully they do announce it then if not earlier.

But to play it?! Let's not get too ahead of ourselves..

Edited by Billsfan

The original GNR haven't played together live since 1993. Axl's voice was iffy on a good night last we saw him, an Idina Menzel took a ton of shit last year for not quite nailing a single high note (proving that she was the only one singing live to begin with...). You really think Axl is making his grand return to the old lineup outside in the cold under that type of scrutiny? Absolutely not.

"original", by this stage they had 2 replacements and an extra member.

I recently saw a commercial for Dick Clarks rockin new years eve and they said a big surprise for that night. i know it is very doubtful but could GnR possibly be the surprise. I remember in 91 they did dont cry on Dick Clarks new years eve. Long shot but who knows

Absolutely. They WILL be there. Every one of them, including Popcorn behind teh skinz.

• Like 1

slash and miles are booked for new years in las vegas i think, pretty much zero chance this is happening

IT'S A FAKE COVER STORY, THE REUNION IS HAPPENING AND THIS IS JUST THE WAY THEY ARE DISTRACTING YOU! ORIGINAL GNR REUNITING AND PLAYING THE JOINT ON NYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I have seen the equivalent argument made in all seriousness about Slash/Myles 2016 plans in the months-old "Days Away" thread, so why not apply it here?)

"original", by this stage they had 2 replacements and an extra member.

Granted. And if the "rumors" (though I hesitate to even call them that, more like rampant ungrounded speculation) are true, Izzy/Gilby are being replaced by 4tus and Steven/Matt are being replaced by Frank in the "reunion" anyway - so it'll be just as original as the UYI finale lineup anyway!

• Like 1