How do we define a GnR "reunion"...what qualifies as one?

I think a qualifier we can all agree on is rasp! Axl needs to be the raspiest motherfucker on the planet next year.

I am praying that he sounds good.. If he doesn't this whole thing doesn't work...

If being on stage with Slash and Duff again doesn't motivate him to sound good, then nothing will.

Edited by The Macaroni Incident?

Izzy would do it even without Steven... He was in the first version of velvet revolver with Matt... I cross my fingers that he's in the reunion.

Gnr fans know how izzy is important for the sound, for the soundwriting, for the band alchemy...

I totally acknowledge Izzy's contributions to the band's success. He may have been involved with Velvet Rervolver initially, but that's not GN'R. Just wonder if Izzy Sees GN'R as the original 5. He said it wasn't the same after the band lost their 'swing' (Steven).

Even though it was expected all along, it's still a disappointment that Izzy couldn't bring himself to be a part of this.

As soon as Izzy was out, Steven never stood a chance, probably even as a guest. And he can take solace from that. This isn't the GNR reunion he's been pining for all those years. The fact is, he's continually slagged off the people he'd now have to be in a band with. If it was Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Matt/Frank, then he could feel betrayed.

• Like 1

Izzy would do it even without Steven... He was in the first version of velvet revolver with Matt... I cross my fingers that he's in the reunion.

Gnr fans know how izzy is important for the sound, for the soundwriting, for the band alchemy...

I totally acknowledge Izzy's contributions to the band's success. He may have been involved with Velvet Rervolver initially, but that's not GN'R. Just wonder if Izzy Sees GN'R as the original 5. He said it wasn't the same after the band lost their 'swing' (Steven).

Personally, I'm surprised and disappointed that its looking like a hybrid. Duff seemed so moved by the appreciation of the original band at the RNRHOF, I though he'd go all out for the originals.

Where does this leave Matt's friendship with Duff, they seem close still.

Personally, I'm surprised and disappointed that its looking like a hybrid. Duff seemed so moved by the appreciation of the original band at the RNRHOF, I though he'd go all out for the originals.

Where does this leave Matt's friendship with Duff, they seem close still.

The return of Izzy in GnR: not in this lifetime

; )

If you have a family reunion and not everyone from your family shows up, its still a reunion isn't it? Obviously it would be amazing if the original 5, or at least 4 + sorum were together.... or at the very least 3 + sorum,, but I'd still call axl, slash, and duff sharing the same stage for the first time in 23 years a reunion.

A lot of people are saying that it isn't a reunion but a continuation and I think that's probably accurate to Axl. Legally the old guys are very likely joining in exactly the same way they had to re-join the new band Axl legally started in the mid 90s (the same way Tommy etc joined).

More importantly, Axl has kept the three people who have been loyal to him from the new era and I think it's a very safe bet that had Tommy not chosen the 'Mats over Guns that Axl would allow him the option of staying even if Slash were returning. In reality, Tommy would surely bow out like he said but my point is that Axl hasn't sacked or let anyone go who stayed loyal to him.

In other words, if DJ had stayed and Frank had quit we might be looking at a lineup with Matt and DJ. Or if Ron had stayed and Pitman had quit we'd be looking at a lineup with Ron and a new synth guy.

Edited by Jordan Rose

I think its hilarious that all these posters 'know' that Izzy said no and that's why there's no chance for Steve.. Not one of yous know jack shit, and until an announcement, none of us do.

Exactly.

There are so many rumors from so-called "insiders"...

And I dont want to believe to this supposed fusion between Axl's'band and VR with Dave Kushner, Chris Pitman, etc. nothing against them but we just want the old Guns

• Like 1

If the "leaked" line-up is true, this is a bad joke.

They had (have?) a chance to do it right and make history. But this? Haha! Just stupid. 90% will not know who the hell the other clowns are. And nobody will care. The shows are gonna die if the play anything from CD, or VR for that matter.

I'm not a huge fan of Kiss but man, they showed how to do a reunion the right and only way!

After the Frank tweet, I'm thinking now it will be a hybrid, not a reunion. It's disappointing, but it is, what it is.

Yeah it sucks.... More non original members than original members.. I wouldn't call this a Guns N' Roses reunion..

If you have a family reunion and not everyone from your family shows up, its still a reunion isn't it? Obviously it would be amazing if the original 5, or at least 4 + sorum were together.... or at the very least 3 + sorum,, but I'd still call axl, slash, and duff sharing the same stage for the first time in 23 years a reunion.

Maybe if there aren't more unoriginal guitarists and only one keyboardest

It's hard to say. My view is that Izzy is more important to the songwriting process than he is to the live setting. If new music comes about then I'd hope he'd be involved in some capacity. As for a tour, I'll still consider a reunion without him. At the very least it's Slash and Duff reuniting with Axl.

It's hard to say. My view is that Izzy is more important to the songwriting process than he is to the live setting. If new music comes about then I'd hope he'd be involved in some capacity. As for a tour, I'll still consider a reunion without him. At the very least it's Slash and Duff reuniting with Axl.

Izzy was very important to the live sound during their club days (85-88). The Appetite era band had a special sound that could only be created by those 5 guys. Once Izzy sobered up and there were ego issues going on between Izzy and Slash, the magic was gone during UYI Tour. Supposedly Izzy played through an amp that wasn't even turned on during the UYI shows.

Edited by GNRfan2008

Can we consider Slash and Duff part of the band? This "regrouping" word they are using confuses me a little. Are they back to GNR or is just a momentary thing ?

I think they are back in long-term. I would assume they aren't using the term reunion because it isn't the original 5. Regrouping is the more honest term.

Axl\Slash\Duff is good enough. If you aren't happy with that you are a fucking twat.

My thoughts exactly.

And with all due respect to Izzy & Adler, their inclusion in this would not make it any bigger or sell more than a Slash/Duff/Axl reunion.

• Like 1

Supposedly Izzy played through an amp that wasn't even turned on during the UYI shows.

Supposedly is right.. I was at the show on 2002 when Axl started saying that shit.. Funny, I can hear Izzy just fine in every bootleg I have heard or seen from that tour..

Supposedly Izzy played through an amp that wasn't even turned on during the UYI shows.

Supposedly is right.. I was at the show on 2002 when Axl started saying that shit.. Funny, I can hear Izzy just fine in every bootleg I have heard or seen from that tour..

Axl also said Izzy was stoned in 1993. Izzy has been sober since December 1989. Axl is a habitual liar.