Lemmy Kilmister from Motörhead has died

gunsguy

The one time I've seen Motorhead was at Gigantour in 2012, performing with Motorhead, Lacuna Coil and Volbeat..a hell of a show, my ears were ringing for a day afterward; Lemmy had to get bandaged during a song because of a blister, lol

RIP to one of the greatest of all time

I felt the writing was on the wall when I saw that clip of him having to leave the stage a little while ago.

I can't be too sad, I think Lemmy lived a pretty full life and he was around to see Motorhead finally getting the mainstream recognition they so long deserved in these more recent years.

The Kilmister/Clarke/Taylor lineup was truly one of those bands...face melting.

• Like 1

The decibel level in heaven just hit a whole new level.

RIP Lemmy

there is an awesome band blasting away somewhere that is for sure.

lemmy was one of the coolest, honest, most down to earth guys. one of my favorite quotes from him was during an interview they asked "there is a rumor that if you pay Lemmy 1,000 dollars he we will play on your record.... is there any truth to that"

Lemmy responded: "thats bullshit if i like you i will do it for free, if i dont there is nothing that will make me do it" :lol:

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

One of the most unique and authentic rockers around. I'll be honest and say I was always more of a fan of the character Lemmy than the band per se, I used to like his appearances on headbanger's ball and the various talkshows (Leno I remember fondly). The last time I saw Motörhead perform live was right before Guns N' Roses came on early at Graspop 2012, a great double bill.

My favorite Motörhead song:

One of the most unique and authentic rockers around. I'll be honest and say I was always more of a fan of the character Lemmy than the band per se, I used to like his appearances on headbanger's ball and the various talkshows (Leno I remember fondly). The last time I saw Motörhead perform live was right before Guns N' Roses came on early at Graspop 2012, a great double bill.

My favorite Motörhead song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M4FG1UXH5w

I agree that I'm more a fan of Lemmy as an individual than I am Motörhead. Don't get me wrong, I do love Motörhead, but Lemmy as an individual was just, unlike anybody else.
  • Like 2