What are your unpopular opinions (on ANYTHING)

Jackamo!

Solar power takes so much energy to set up it's not really viable for 50 years. UK just needs 6 more nuclear reactors. Then we can party again.

That will never happen. The problem is Sellafield rather validated the left's arguments, so whenever you mention the word 'nuclear' the loony lefties, Bennites, the CND and irate Jocks come out in force and stall the matter, and we go back to square one. In vain do you make the argument that countries like France and the US have a perfectly successful nuclear programme, having never suffered ''a Chernobyl''. The argument is somewhat related to the renewal of Trident - NB which is nuclear propulsion (some people confuse the matter with nuclear weapons).

Some of these aren't necessarily "unpopular", but are just unique opinions of mine:

China's one-child policy isn't that bad of an idea

A Governent run by highly intelligent elders that made political decisions in the best interest of its citizens would be better than the current American political system

Alcohol and Smoking are two of worst things you can possibly intake into your body. The former should be way more limited, and the latter should never be done

While I don't agree, I respect and understand people who are against ideas of gay marriage and abortion

Communism in ideological form is actually a pretty good idea if a country could actually execute its true ideals, and not use it as a guise for a dictatorship/totalitarianism

Christ, you sound like my idea of hell: a commie who doesn't even drink (a tremendous intake of booze usually being about the only redeeming feature of communists).

Male fashion designers, window dressers and hairdressers are queer.

Orientals are cruel people that are not to be trusted.

Russians are sinister.

Egyptians are cowardly.

Italians are greasy.

French are smelly.

Germans are arrogant.

Spaniards are lazy.

Danes and Swedes are sexual deviants.

Indians are tight-fisted

Irish are stupid

Scots are a bunch of drunken commies

Pakistani's are easily corrupted

Americans are fat and stupid

Australians are ugly

Russians are sinister.

Egyptians are cowardly.

Italians are greasy.

French are smelly.

Germans are arrogant.

Spaniards are lazy.

Indians are tight-fisted

Irish are stupid

Australians are ugly

It's "Unpopular Opinions" not your inevitable manifesto for your killing spree.

Russians are sinister.

Egyptians are cowardly.

Italians are greasy.

French are smelly.

Germans are arrogant.

Spaniards are lazy.

Indians are tight-fisted

Irish are stupid

Australians are ugly

It's "Unpopular Opinions" not your inevitable manifesto for your killing spree.

Don't you mean manifesto for your inevitable killing spree? See, the Americans one was right :D

JOKES, you know i love you :lol:

Opt-in eugenics programs should be introduced and those who do have kids should be allowed to select for genes.

A.I. is my favourite film of all time.

The latter is considered more blasphemous and worthy of contempt by most of my friends.

• Like 1

I said opt-in, not mandatory, I'm not Hitler :lol: To me it's more a case of preventing severe deformities or debilitating congenital diseases from being passed on, but to a lot of people messing around with genes is "playing God" and every little child is a snowflake. I have nothing against those who are born with such afflictions but I can't see how anyone would want their son or daughter to be born with Huntington's Disease, for example.

I just see it as a more refined way of choosing what your babies will be like; in a way, people already do by their choice of sexual partner, in the case of eugenics and gene selection you'd just take it the further step and choose the best genes from you and your partner. I can see this leading to messy disputes between partners when it comes to the superficial ("What do you mean she should have your blonde hair? What's wrong with my brunette hair?!"), would have to consider whether people should be allowed to choose their child's height or eye colour, etc.

I'd also be curious to see about the effect it would have on sexual orientation; if it is mostly genetic, would parents choose to have their children grow up homosexual or transgender? A common theme from transgender people is that they grew up feeling like they were "in the wrong body", would transgender parents wish for their children to feel the same confusion? My first instinct would be "no" but then you read about things like Deaf culture where in extreme cases you get deaf parents who want their children to grow up as if they were deaf even if they have no hearing impairment. Perhaps they would select their child's sexual orientation in the hopes they would have greater empathy with their parents?

I'm not saying eugenics/gene selection would make everything magically better, but I think people are playing God every time they make babies in the traditional way anyway, might as well refine the process.

I said opt-in, not mandatory, I'm not Hitler :lol:

Well, there are similarities, you told me you didn't like Jews that one time.

When did I say that?! I think you're confusing my desire to shag Natalie Portman with anti-Semitism somehow. Though I guess liking A.I. and Chinese Democracy effectively makes me worse than Hitler.

Yeah, to be fair, you didn't ever say that, just me being a twat :lol:

I'm already banned from one country, please don't get me kicked out of the UK <kissesground>

You know what everyones gonna think now dont you? They're gonna think i let your undercover terroristic tendencies out the bag and you PMed me and put me in check so i just went and post 'what, no, i just made that alll up!' :lol:

Super Mario Bros is fascinating in a weird "only in the 90s could they make such a film" kind of way, like Theodore Rex.

I'm already banned from one country, please don't get me kicked out of the UK <kissesground>

You know what everyones gonna think now dont you? They're gonna think i let your undercover terroristic tendencies out the bag and you PMed me and put me in check so i just went and post 'what, no, i just made that alll up!' :lol:

Please don't send me to a black site, Home Office <kissesportraitofQueenonthewall>

• Like 1

Amir, you should come to America. And get kicked out.

Super Mario Bros. is a good movie.

The Stones and The Who > The Beatles.

I prefer Brian Johnson to Bon Scott in AC/DC.

I am ok with all of those but the last one is practically sacrilege.

It could be worse. I could prefer Never Say Never Again to Skyfall.

Well you would have to be retarded to say that.

Super Mario Bros is fascinating in a weird "only in the 90s could they make such a film" kind of way, like Theodore Rex.

Please don't send me to a black site, Home Office <kissesportraitofQueenonthewall>

So...you'd like to fuck the Queen...and THEN her country? :lol:

So...you'd like to fuck the Queen...and THEN her country? :lol:

I'll dob you in first, tell them you radicalised me after a visit to Kashmir (Kebabish, in Clapton).

Amir, you should discuss your theories with Soul. The two of you would have a great time together.

I had a feeling you'd say that ;)

Say the Doctor tells you that your child will be born with Huntington's, but you have a chance to prevent that from happening, would you not take it?

• Like 1