What are your unpopular opinions (on ANYTHING)

Jackamo!

*note to self* Have Mccoy killed.

"A mulatto, an albino, a mosquito, my libido."

Such amazing, deep, thought provoking lyrics..

That's barely Dr. Seuss level.

How is that not thought provoking?

It's just a bunch of rhymed nonsense to me.

The thing is at one point or another every one of us would have been massive Guns N Roses fans so all our opinions on music (and lets include fashion) needs to be filed under "mustn't be taken seriously and can't be trusted" :lol:

And I still like them so don't listen to me whatever you do :lol:

Edited by spunko12345
  • Like 1

The thing is at one point or another every one of us would have been massive Guns N Roses fans so all our opinions on music (and lets include fashion) needs to be filed under "mustn't be taken seriously and can't be trusted" :lol:

Fuck that. I have no shame for my GNR fandom and consider my taste second to none.

Edited by Towelie

And you come for your 'deep and thought provoking' to uh...pop music? :lol:
No, he likes modern country. ;)

Fuck that. I have no shame for my GNR fandom and consider my taste second to none.

Spunks didn't say he was ashamed of it, just that it made our perspectives dubious :lol:

Spunks didn't say he was ashamed of it, just that it made our perspectives dubious :lol:

Nah, I trust my own taste over anyone elses.

*pretends he doesn't own Bon Jovi's back catalogue*

:lol:

I love Rob Zombie's Halloween

And finally......I think the Simpsons is the most overrated show in TV history. It's the lowest form of humor with the lowest common denominator of intelligence to reach and appeal to the masses. It's the equivalent of a McDonalds hamburger. I actually lose respect for anybody who finds the show funny. There have been scientific studies that show the more you enjoy the Simpsoms, the lower IQ you will have. For example - if you think the Simpsons is the funniest show on TV then there is a 96% chance your IQ rests between 78-84 points.

Did you mean to say Family Guy? God I hate that show. It's not funny in the slightest and it makes me feel weird when I watch it. Like, I don't get why everyone is so mean to each other. It feels like it's a big social experiment to desensitize people to cruelty, or something; and cowardice too, since while all these characters are doing all these awful and inhumane things to each other, no other character ever bothers to do anything about it, or even bats an eye, really.

But the Simpsons...do you really think that?! Seasons 2 to about, I dunno, season 8 or so, was one of the funniest and smartest shows on TV. Tons of great satire, tons of great characters, terrific voice acting, and it was completely unique.

Sometime around 99 or 2000 it completely changed for the worse though, and as far as I can tell has remained mostly lame for the past 16 years.

My real problem with the Simpsons is how predictable it is. Every joke is soooo obvious.

You can take a two sentence description of an episode "Bart and Lisa do this, and Homer gets in trouble at work for doing that - on Halloween!" And anybody with a triple digit IQ can take that description and practically write the entire show. Hitting every obvious joke.

It is safe and easy to digest. I guess that's why people like it. Same reason people eat at McDonald's or Taco Bell. It's quick and easy and requires no work on our part.

BUT - entertainment is all subjective.

I think Deadwood is one of the best shows of all time and that the writers of that show were brilliant. And I loved Curb Your Enthusiasm. I'm sure lots of people disagree.

I'm glad people find shows that make them happy. I just personally think the Simpsons were terrible.

Apollo, the first 7 or 8 seasons are not at all like you describe.

But since you like Deadwood, maybe you really do feel that way - even about the early Simpsons? I found that show to require far too much 'work'. All those soliloquies of Swearengen and the way people mumbled lines and all that.

And you come for your 'deep and thought provoking' to uh...pop music? :lol:
No, he likes modern country. ;)

There's still some great songwriters in Nashville.

• 2 weeks later...

I think if people allow there big dirty dogs to jump and slobber over you and then say "it's ok he's playing he likes you he won't hurt"

You should be allowed to kick the dog as hard as you can up its smelly arse and then brutally assault the owner.

Do you have a story to tell young fella-me-lad? :lol:

I think if people allow there big dirty dogs to jump and slobber over you and then say "it's ok he's playing he likes you he won't hurt"

You should be allowed to kick the dog as hard as you can up its smelly arse and then brutally assault the owner.

Do you have a story to tell young fella-me-lad? :lol:

It happened at my missus grans today this little yappy little shit i wanted to kick it out the fucking window like in something about Mary :lol:

Happens to me all the time in work aswell cos I go to people's homes after they've been rehoused and the mutt jumps up on me. They always tell me it won't hurt me but the fact that it's making my clothes stink is lost on them.

And i swear this is also true, my dad got bitten on the bollocks by a dog when he was going to fix someones telly :lol: He had to have twelve stitches, he needed a photo for the compensation claim and gave my brother £50 to take the photo :lol: That's not why I don't like them jumping up but it sprang to mind as I was typing :lol:

I've had some terrible experiences with dogs, and dog owners are the most oblivious people ever. You can have a dog ripping into your jugular and, ''don't mind Fido, he is just playing''. They look on you strangely also if you are not one of those people who are comfortable around dogs; you know the way dog people are comfortable around dogs, stroking their head with gusto?

The British love dogs though. As a canine hater, I live in the worst country imaginable. Everywhere you go in Britain there is dog turds everywhere, people allowing their pooches to treat space like a toilet.

I've seem me cross over the road, and even make a detour, adding ten minutes onto a journey, in order to avoid the incoming dog(s) - that is how much I hate them.