What are your unpopular opinions (on ANYTHING)

Jackamo!

I'm joining in on the "I'm not that keen on dogs" sentiment. Does that make it a popular opinion?

Though it's not so much the dogs, as the owners. Have had a few neighbours now who really aren't interested in keeping their dogs under control, or looking after them full stop. Instead of going for a walk with them, they let them run around the street, have them do their business on the street, and then refuse to pick up said business. Instead of training their dogs, they let them run unsupervised, allow them to harass people, including kids, and allow them to chase and attack other animals.

My elderly neighbour had a cat. The cat was 18 years old, and all that my neighbour had left after her husband passed away. The cat used to love sitting just outside my neighbour's door, sunbathing a bit. It wasn't harming anyone. And some moron allowed her dog to attack the poor cat. She was there, watching, and laughing! I tried to come between the dog and the cat, but it was too late. The poor cat was injured and died soon after.

They're all staffies as well. Status symbol dogs for people who don't know how to handle them.

• Like 1

"we need to end racism!"

No, we need to learn to live with and understand racism, because racism is not going anywhere.

Recognizing cultural differences does not make you a terrible person.

Don't be a bigot.

IMO, it would be similar to saying "we need to end pedophilia!"

It's a inconvenient truth - these things are part of whatever humanity is - it won't go away, we need to manage. Virtual reality and fleshlights to the rescue!

On a semi related note, some days i wake up and say "it's a good day not to be attracted to kids!" because honestly, that must be such a crazy burden. I don't think very many people who are sexually attracted to children are super pumped about their innate desires. It is not a jackpot scenario.

Edited by Jackie Moon
  • Like 1

Well it makes sense. I have never been to the moon so all I have is a photo of what the earth supposedly looks like.

However I am on earth right now and it is flat wherever I go.

Do you find it odd nobody has gone to the moon since Armstrong? If it doesn't make sense then most likely it isn't true. The moon landing never happened.

"we need to end racism!"

No, we need to learn to live with and understand racism, because racism is not going anywhere.

Don't be a bigot.

It's a inconvenient truth - these things are part of whatever humanity is - it won't go away, we need to manage. Virtual reality and fleshlights to the rescue!

On a semi related note, some days i wake up and say "it's a good day not to be attracted to kids!" because honestly, that must be such a crazy burden. I don't think very many people who are sexually attracted to children are super pumped about their innate desires. It is not a jackpot scenario.

Great post.

This fantasy ideal where people will one day proclaim: "Oh, that dwarf, African American, hunchback transgender person is just like me"...it's ridiculous.

It isn't human nature to think of somebody who is completely different to you as one of your own...I mean, put me into a tribe of Zulus or whatever and I'd hardly expect them to just treat me like one of the gang.

Mostly because I'm not one of them.

I always assumed racism was just a white people thing, but then I worked with Cambodians and they hate Vietnamese.

Then I worked with Koreans, and they hate Chinese.

Then I worked with Indians, and they hate Chinese, and Pakistanis.

And a whole lot of people don't like Jews.

And a whole lot of Jews aren't too fond of Arabs.

"we need to end racism!"

Don't be a bigot.

Great post.

This fantasy ideal where people will one day proclaim: "Oh, that dwarf, African American, hunchback transgender person is just like me"...it's ridiculous.

It isn't human nature to think of somebody who is completely different to you as one of your own...I mean, put me into a tribe of Zulus or whatever and I'd hardly expect them to just treat me like one of the gang.

Mostly because I'm not one of them.

I always assumed racism was just a white people thing, but then I worked with Cambodians and they hate Vietnamese.

Then I worked with Koreans, and they hate Chinese.

Then I worked with Indians, and they hate Chinese, and Pakistanis.

And a whole lot of people don't like Jews.

And a whole lot of Jews aren't too fond of Arabs.

Racism is a complex thing. British Bed and Breakfast hoteliers used to have ''No Irish'' signs outside their establishment, Irish being seemingly the same race as the British!!

Racism is a complex thing. British Bed and Breakfast hoteliers used to have ''No Irish'' signs outside their establishment, Irish being seemingly the same race as the British!!

No dogs, no blacks, no Irish.

Cue Lenny!

Uh, woof? :lol: Edited by Len B'stard