Axl Rose WILL NOT BE A GUEST on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' for Tuesday, January 5th

I hope Kimmel asks him to publicly apologize to Slash and all the fans for nuGuns.

Haha. So it's all Axl's fault huh? Haha. Slash "Axl go on Jimmy Kimmel and admit you made guns n roses break up" Axl "Sure Slash, how's that divorce going? Pretty costly those things." Slash "If we reunite and head out on tour do I get a longer solo set, not ego stroking I mean longer than the ones on the illusion tour, I hope so p.s bring your white bicycle shorts".

I am going to speculate that there is not a performance for one primary reason. If there WERE to be, given the brutally competitive marketplace that is late night TV advertising dollars / ratings - I would expect ABC to hype the hell out of it and of course adjust ad rates accordingly. Remember the rules - always follow the money. Not to mention its not sweeps week, so its not like a huge rating spike for Kimmel would hold as much impact now as opposed to during one of those periods, regardless.

I am going to speculate that there is not a performance for one primary reason. If there WERE to be, given the brutally competitive marketplace that is late night TV advertising dollars / ratings - I would expect ABC to hype the hell out of it and of course adjust ad rates accordingly. Remember the rules - always follow the money. Not to mention its not sweeps week, so its not like a huge rating spike for Kimmel would hold as much impact now as opposed to during one of those periods, regardless.

I like this point. I still am wondering if Axl is still considered a ratings spike type of guest. I know this reunion is being covered on every single music blog but to me I'm still slightly skeptical of the true interest level here outside of the forums. I am predicting stadiums that are reasonably full but not sold out like The Stones

Thinking back to 2005 who knw that 10 years later

The original guns n roses, black Sabbath, van Halen would reunite

Bret Hart would return to wwe, sting would debut with wwe

A new star wars trilogy would start

Plus much much more

Did not see some of that happening back then

• Like 3

I like this point. I still am wondering if Axl is still considered a ratings spike type of guest. I know this reunion is being covered on every single music blog but to me I'm still slightly skeptical of the true interest level here outside of the forums. I am predicting stadiums that are reasonably full but not sold out like The Stones

He's much more respected than most guest because he's not around much. You don't hear from him so it's almost an honor to be in his presence haha when he was on Kimmel last time the audience cheered way beyond what they are suppose to. I think it's exciting for people to hear from him.

Not sure why anyone thinks a performance on Kimmel would have any negative effect on Coachella.

Coachella is going to sell out without or without GNR.

A great performance on Kimmel and a great performance at Coachella would only help the tour itself with ticket sales.

This.

Especially because the Kimmel thing would just be one or two songs.

Seems like a great way to kick things off!!!

Skip the obvious. And do You're Crazy or Perfect Crime and then the new song that sounds like 70s disco meets November Rain or whatever that description was.

IMAGINE if their first show was at The Whiskey A-Go-Go or one of the small Sunset Strip bars. How much would those tickets sell for? Too see the classic line up in a club with 250 people.

Would people pay $500 for that!

Thinking back to 2005 who knw that 10 years later

The original guns n roses, black Sabbath, van Halen would reunite

Bret Hart would return to wwe, sting would debut with wwe

A new star wars trilogy would start

Plus much much more

Did not see some of that happening back then

Obsessive Star Wars fan, encyclopedic wrestling fan, and a fan of both Black Sabbath and VH....It's been a good decade!

Not sure why anyone thinks a performance on Kimmel would have any negative effect on Coachella.

A great performance on Kimmel and a great performance at Coachella would only help the tour itself with ticket sales.

This.

Skip the obvious. And do You're Crazy or Perfect Crime and then the new song that sounds like 70s disco meets November Rain or whatever that description was.

IMAGINE if their first show was at The Whiskey A-Go-Go or one of the small Sunset Strip bars. How much would those tickets sell for? Too see the classic line up in a club with 250 people.

Im just afraid Axl will blow it like every other televised or streamed show in the last 15 years. Although it would be great if they did and he didnt i say keep it an interview to be safe and do some surprise gigs before Coachella, on Sunset Strip where it all began.

This.

What's sad about that is it will never, ever be what it was. How much did the people in 1986-1988 pay to see them in the old club gigs? Whatever the fuck they paid, it was priceless since that band in that time was pure freaking magic!

Im just afraid Axl will blow it like every other televised or streamed show in the last 15 years.

That is actually what I'm afraid of for the whole project. I mean it's still Axl. I think it's safe to assume that he always BELIEVED what he said ("multiple albums", "soon", etc), but sooo many things never happened or were delayed for years and years. Plus in the last years he often didn't even seem to TRY to perform on his best level.

So yeah, the whole thing is rolling now, but that doesn't mean that it has to keep on rolling. I see potential disasters all along the way, from another dramatic fallout to the more mundane lack of the magic spark. I'm sad that I'm looking at it that way, but the last 20 years taught me as much. :(

Im just afraid Axl will blow it like every other televised or streamed show in the last 15 years.

That is actually what I'm afraid of for the whole project. I mean it's still Axl. I think it's safe to assume that he always BELIEVED what he said ("multiple albums", "soon", etc), but sooo many things never happened or were delayed for years and years. Plus in the last years he often didn't even seem to TRY to perform on his best level.

So yeah, the whole thing is rolling now, but that doesn't mean that it has to keep on rolling. I see potential disasters all along the way, from another dramatic fallout to the more mundane lack of the magic spark. I'm sad that I'm looking at it that way, but the last 20 years taught me as much. :(

I've said countless times that I've been in "Please Prove Me Wrong Axl! Mode" since about 2008.

My original thought on this was exactly what you guys are saying, but then I thought. "Wait. Maybe this is IT. Could this be the one where Axl proves me wrong?!"

Needless to say, I'm hoping for that to be the case.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm willing to believe that there might be "the special ingredient" involved this time. That's why I'm not saying that they WILL crash and burn. I'm just .... cautious.

I hear that. I'm not saying it'll be alll sunshine and rainbows. I'm in the same boat as you; just hoping for the best.

• Like 1

Years ago when Kimmel first started the late night host gig he used to have celebrity guest hosts. Slash was a guest host for a week. Kimmel pranked him by telling him that his show always liked to bring people together and there is a special someone that we want to bring you back together with. Music starts for the guest to come out and Slash is very figity and uncomfortable looking and out walks cousin Sal in a kilt and wig and bandana on. Slash breaks out in laughter and leans over and says to Kimmel you scared the shit out of me....you can't hear it but that's what it looks like from reading lips. I always thought that was one of the best Kimmel moments ever.

Is there footage to this?? I've never seen it!