This I Love w/ Slash

Rex789

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/19/2016 at 2:04 PM, Kara said:

For example, I have always been a fan of Dust In The Wind, the cover Axl and Slash performed together in 1993. Great example of what the combination of the two isolated could be.

i found this before i found this forum, i scoured the internet for all the GN'R songs ( and anything GN'R related ) and this one just blew me away. not to sound morbid but i want this played at my funeral. it's so great...

you might like this as well:

and on topic TIL is great with SLASH playing :headbang:

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2016 at 2:12 AM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i found this before i found this forum, i scoured the internet for all the GN'R songs ( and anything GN'R related ) and this one just blew me away. not to sound morbid but i want this played at my funeral. it's so great...

you might like this as well:

and on topic TIL is great with SLASH playing :headbang:

Thanks for sharing the video here! I love Axl's piano playing and I wish he'd play more than he does on stage. Piano, in general, is just so soothing and this piece in particular sounds like it would fit perfectly if played at someone's funeral. That being said, I didn't think it sounded morbid at all for you to say that. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kara said:

Thanks for sharing the video here! I love Axl's piano playing and I wish he'd play more than he does on stage. Piano, in general, is just so soothing and this piece in particular sounds like it would fit perfectly if played at someone's funeral. That being said, I didn't think it sounded morbid at all for you to say that. 

On 9.1.2016 at 4:50 PM, Nosaj Thing said:

This.

If Axl and Slash will be working together from now on, they do not need to waste their time together on shitty songs.

Slash is not capable of coming up with epic classics like Street Of Dreams and Catcher. Only disposable B grade shit on his own. He said himself he's not a songwriter. SOD and Catcher are not disposable. Something that has been alien for Slash for quite some time now. Great riffs, great solos, but shitty tunes. :shrugs:

Safari Inn is masterful though. And his work on Chinese material live is great and always improving.

Edited by Rovim

On 9/19/2016 at 2:04 PM, Kara said:

I love the little discoveries I'm making in this forum! I had never heard of this cover and I'd love to hear it! Does anyone have the link to it?

I'm all for that!! 

i think it would be a great side project though he's kinda pushing himself at this point. but it would be soooo cool :heart: