November rain in 92

I have a question that I need help with from all the hardcore long time fans:

So my landlord said he saw gnr in england in 92, it was an outdoor concert. during the encore it rained so they came out and played november rain.

Can someone confirm this for me please? If it indeed happened is there a video??

Thanks a bunch and reunion ftw!

Edited by shjtjustgotreal

They only played in London during the Freddie Mercury tribute show. NR was not performed

04.20.92 - Wembley Stadium, London, England
soundcheck: Knockin' On Heaven's Door
set: Paradise City, Only Women Bleed [intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Tie Your Mother Down [slash w/ Queen & Joe Elliot], Bohemian Rhapsody [Axl w/ Elton John & Queen], We Will Rock You [Axl w/ Queen]
audio/video recording?: video
notes: GN'R soundchecked on April 19th at 5:45 London time. A Concert For Life, the Freddie Mercury Tribute for AIDS awareness. GN'R performs 2 songs. Axl guests on Bohemian Rhapsody (a duet with Elton John) and We Will Rock You with the remaining members of Queen. Slash plays guitar on Tie Your Mother Down with Queen. Slash, Axl & Duff join the rest of the performers at the end of the concert for a rendition of We Are The Champions.

Not sure about England but it happened in Venezuela. It was November, 1992 and it started raining right before they started playing 'November Rain'.

It was in Colombia

11.30.92 - Estadio El Campín, Bogota, Colombia
set: Welcome To The Jungle, Mr. Brownstone, It´s So Easy, Civil War, Bad Obsession, So Fine, It's Alright [intro] / November Rain, Don´t Cry, Mother [intro] / Paradise City
audio/video recording?: video [incomplete]
notes: There was no opening act. This setlist is incomplete. At this show, it begins to rain during 'November Rain.' The show is stopped for about 20 minutes at this point. Axl mentions this in a later interview and says it was a very special moment for him. 'November Rain' had been the #1 song in Colombia for about 60 straight weeks at that time!

From what i've heard this happened in the Budapest 92 gig too just right before November Rain. At least we have video proof

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 1

They only played in London during the Freddie Mercury tribute show. NR was not performed

set: Paradise City, Only Women Bleed [intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Tie Your Mother Down [slash w/ Queen & Joe Elliot], Bohemian Rhapsody [Axl w/ Elton John & Queen], We Will Rock You [Axl w/ Queen]

notes: GN'R soundchecked on April 19th at 5:45 London time. A Concert For Life, the Freddie Mercury Tribute for AIDS awareness. GN'R performs 2 songs. Axl guests on Bohemian Rhapsody (a duet with Elton John) and We Will Rock You with the remaining members of Queen. Slash plays guitar on Tie Your Mother Down with Queen. Slash, Axl & Duff join the rest of the performers at the end of the concert for a rendition of We Are The Champions.

Not sure about England but it happened in Venezuela. It was November, 1992 and it started raining right before they started playing 'November Rain'.

It was in Colombia

set: Welcome To The Jungle, Mr. Brownstone, It´s So Easy, Civil War, Bad Obsession, So Fine, It's Alright [intro] / November Rain, Don´t Cry, Mother [intro] / Paradise City

notes: There was no opening act. This setlist is incomplete. At this show, it begins to rain during 'November Rain.' The show is stopped for about 20 minutes at this point. Axl mentions this in a later interview and says it was a very special moment for him. 'November Rain' had been the #1 song in Colombia for about 60 straight weeks at that time!

From what i've heard this happened in the Budapest 92 gig too just right before November Rain. At least we have video proof

well my landlord is notorious for being full of shiet so he was probly lying...

I have a question that I need help with from all the hardcore long time fans:

So my landlord said he saw gnr in england in 92, it was an outdoor concert. during the encore it rained so they came out and played november rain.

Can someone confirm this for me please? If it indeed happened is there a video??

Thanks a bunch and reunion ftw!

I was at milton keynes 93 and it pissed down all day. That was an outdoor event.

One of the highlights will undoubtedly be Slash at the end of November Rain. Slash hasn't played it in 20 years, and since there hasn't been a performance by Slash and Axl since 1993, it hasn't been performed correctly since then.

Maybe not "correctly" but I really like Bucket's version of it. I hope Slash will adopt the glowing eyes approach for the reunion.

It was in Colombia

jesus christ these dudes were so fuckin cool back then that it wasn't even fair.