Anyone thinkin' about Stinson?

Hello everybody! Italian gunner here, first time I'm writing on this board :)

Am I the only one who's thinking about Tommy? I mean...Axl wants to reunite with his old fellas, I get it, but has he really turned his back on Tommy so easily? The guy's been in the band for 17 freakin' years and he's always been considered Axl's right hand. I'd feel a little bit offended being put aside for a former member comeback.

• Like 2

All of them are Axl's hired hands. He can kick them out anytime he wants.

Imho Tommy is a more than a "hired hand".

He cannot give any in put regarding the bands future, he can't go like hey Axl lets do this and that in regards to Guns N' Roses.

He himself said he will be there when THEY (TB) give him a call. So basically he is a hired hand.

This din't happen in the old band. All the band members decided mutually what to do.

• Like 1

All of them are Axl's hired hands. He can kick them out anytime he wants.

Imho Tommy is a more than a "hired hand".

He cannot give any in put regarding the bands future, he can't go like hey Axl lets do this and that in regards to Guns N' Roses.

He himself said he will be there when THEY (TB) give him a call. So basically he is a hired hand.

This din't happen in the old band. All the band members decided mutually what to do.

Yeah, but I believe that a minimum of humanity towards a 18-years-friend should be given. Or maybe is just me :P

If I were in Axl I would've call only Slash back. I hope this "reunion" won't be a pure nostalgia act. The band should have continued on its path imho.

• Like 2

moreover, duff is a much better bass player, his lines on the gnr albums are so good, so distinctive.

i can't say the same about stinson.

Agree. I think Stinson is far more professional as a musician, instead. Duff has improved a lot in the last 20 years...his bass lines on the Walking Papers' stuff are amazing!

Tommy doesn't give a shit and had a gravy gig the last 17 years. he's always said he'd step aside if they reunited. he doesn't care. Don't feel bad for Tommy. He's had it pretty damn good.

Well Tommy himself said he wants a reunion, so I imagine he'll get by.

So It seems I'm the only one who's missed this in the past :lol:

He has been very important for GNR for the last 17 years. No rehearsals or Fortus without Stinson. I enjoy his stage persona, and he seems like a very cool, downtoearth person.

Basically my second favorite member.

Whatever your opinion of him may be, yes, its very unfair if he is out. Im wondering what the heck is going to happen now. Does this mean they will make Tommy the third guitarist? ;)

:facepalm:

Tommy on bass, Duff as 3rd guitarist :)

Well, personally I love Tommy Stinson's music way more than I love Duff's songs, Village Gorilla Head is still one of my favorite albums from the 00's and he's one hell of a player, but he did choose the replacements over GN'R in 2014. Can't blame Axl for moving on considering how loyal Axl was all those years where he could just go back to Duff at any given time and he didn't precisely to keep his good friend around. So all in all, I think there are not hard fellings there. Hell I would be surprised if Axl never called him again in a friendly manner or brought him back if this thing with Duff doesn't work out.

Am I the only one who's thinking about Tommy? I mean...Axl wants to reunite with his old fellas, I get it, but has he really turned his back on Tommy so easily? The guy's been in the band for 17 freakin' years and he's always been considered Axl's right hand. I'd feel a little bit offended being put aside for a former member comeback.

Tommy stepped aside last year to continue the Replacements and allow Duff in.

Tommy has basically stated he's not interested in returning. He's focusing on his solo career and who are we kidding, if and when the replacements reunite again, that's priority number one for tommy.

I mean cmon, he said earlier this year that it "was" a good gig and if axl called him he'd "consider it". Not that I wanna read too deep into anything, but that's a guy who clear as day is divorced from guns n roses and could care less. He's moved on and so has GNR. But hey I do wish the guy luck, I wouldn't have stuck around for that long