Anyone thinkin' about Stinson?

Tommy is a man who speaks his mind when asked. In the last interview he gave, he sounded very at peace with his place in Guns N' Roses history and the idea of the band continuing on with Duff. If Tommy felt any anger or resentment over how his tenure with the band ended, he would have said something. As others have pointed out, it's not like he got a raw deal in any respect. As Brain mentioned in that interview a while back, members of the band got payed even during long stretches of inactivity; like 2003-2005. In many ways, I would not be surprised if the whole situation of Duff filling in for Tommy while he played with The Replacements was orchestrated to start his exit from GN'R.

For what it's worth, a good friend of mine worked at The Shaky Knees Festival in Atlanta in 2014 when The Replacements played. He said Tommy was in VERY bad shape with his drinking problem. Long story short, I think he might have stepped down from the band to get his health and personal life in order.

Hope this ain't true. Always had great admiration for the man, I'd feel sorry for him if he's got drinking problems.

I met him backstage during the '11 tour - he looked like he was in real bad shape. Couldn't tell on stage, but afterward ...

In addition to Taylor’s enthusiasm for the idea of a classic GN’R reunion, current Gunner Tommy Stinson recently weighed in that he hoped that the old lineup would reunite as well. Stinson has a unique perspective as his former band The Replacements had one of the most highly regarded reunions in recent years. Stinson stated in a recent interview, “I’ll be perfectly honest with you, man. I hope they do because when you go back to where you started from and just check that out, and feel that for a moment after you’ve gone on and done all these other things, you know, there’s a reward that comes with that, and I had that with the ‘Mats. It’s a good thing; it’s a good thing to do once in a while. And I hope it works out for ‘em, if it actually happens.”

http://loudwire.com/corey-taylor-potential-classic-guns-n-roses-reunion-i-believe-it-when-i-buy-ticket/

Pretty sure Stinson is just fine with everything. On a side note, does this mean Corey Taylor retires? :lol::lol:

In addition to Taylors enthusiasm for the idea of a classic GNR reunion, current Gunner Tommy Stinson recently weighed in that he hoped that the old lineup would reunite as well. Stinson has a unique perspective as his former band The Replacements had one of the most highly regarded reunions in recent years. Stinson stated in a recent interview, Ill be perfectly honest with you, man. I hope they do because when you go back to where you started from and just check that out, and feel that for a moment after youve gone on and done all these other things, you know, theres a reward that comes with that, and I had that with the Mats. Its a good thing; its a good thing to do once in a while. And I hope it works out for em, if it actually happens.

http://loudwire.com/corey-taylor-potential-classic-guns-n-roses-reunion-i-believe-it-when-i-buy-ticket/

Pretty sure Stinson is just fine with everything. On a side note, does this mean Corey Taylor retires? :lol::lol:

Nah Corey said he'd only do that if it was all five members of the AFD line-up touring, and at this point, that seems pretty unlikely

In addition to Taylors enthusiasm for the idea of a classic GNR reunion, current Gunner Tommy Stinson recently weighed in that he hoped that the old lineup would reunite as well. Stinson has a unique perspective as his former band The Replacements had one of the most highly regarded reunions in recent years. Stinson stated in a recent interview, Ill be perfectly honest with you, man. I hope they do because when you go back to where you started from and just check that out, and feel that for a moment after youve gone on and done all these other things, you know, theres a reward that comes with that, and I had that with the Mats. Its a good thing; its a good thing to do once in a while. And I hope it works out for em, if it actually happens.

Nah Corey said he'd only do that if it was all five members of the AFD line-up touring, and at this point, that seems pretty unlikely

That loudmouth wouldn't retire if it was all 5 original guys.

• Like 1

That loudmouth wouldn't retire if it was all 5 original guys.

Yeah that's true lol

Aye, let's laugh at people who're upset that their favourite band's been destroyed... Great use of our time.

:nervous::jerkoff:

Hey, I'm not the one advocating gloating... Thanks for your totally necessary contribution to the thread.

:awesomeface::thumbsup: anytime. Seriously though, do you consider new Guns your favourite band over the Old Guns? And if so what incarnation of NuGN'R is your favourite? The one with Finck, Bucket, Brain, Tobias or the one that just toured? When they came back in 2009 did you mourn the destruction of the RIR3 band and the 2002 band?

Edited by cooker

Aye, let's laugh at people who're upset that their favourite band's been destroyed... Great use of our time.

Hey, I'm not the one advocating gloating... Thanks for your totally necessary contribution to the thread.

:awesomeface::thumbsup: anytime. Seriously though, do you consider new Guns your favourite band over the Old Guns?

Sure, I mean, what makes someone decide a band is their favourite? Usually through enjoying listening to their music, going to their shows, following the news stories around them... I've never seen old Guns, but the shows I saw in '06 and '10 were the best rock gigs I've ever seen. The buzz around here was electric, I got a lot of enjoyment out of those years, I made a lot of friends through following Guns in several countries and got quite attached to the personalities in the band and their playing... Feel like I owe those guys a bit of loyalty for the good times.

:awesomeface::thumbsup: anytime. Seriously though, do you consider new Guns your favourite band over the Old Guns?

Sure, I mean, what makes someone decide a band is their favourite? Usually through enjoying listening to their music, going to their shows, following the news stories around them... I've never seen old Guns, but the shows I saw in '06 and '10 were the best rock gigs I've ever seen. The buzz around here was electric, I got a lot of enjoyment out of those years, I made a lot of friends through following Guns in several countries and got quite attached to the personalities in the band and their playing... Feel like I owe those guys a bit of loyalty for the good times.

I can appreciate your views on this. I think you'll enjoy this as well. Really nothing has changed, the remaining members of nuGuns are apparently still involved.

I can appreciate your views on this. I think you'll enjoy this as well. Really nothing has changed, the remaining members of nuGuns are apparently still involved.

We'll see.

I kinda thought Ron was the best thing about this band over the last 10 years, his ability, his work ethic (at least until things got so dysfunctional that he became frustrated) and his playing, his potential as a songwriter not to mention his drive to do his best to make the fans the centre of everything the band did (again, through no fault of his own, with limited success). After it looked like he might not be involved anymore, I more-or-less lost interest.

I had always been a fan of the hits, but Tommy Stinson is the reason I got into nu-GnR.

Definitely be sad to see him go, but it was a great gig. And he knows.

What are the chances Tommy stays with Duff playing rhythm guitar?

It'd be odd as fuck to have Duff standing there and not playing his signature bass parts but I know he's been playing rhythm more as of late with Loaded

I had always been a fan of the hits, but Tommy Stinson is the reason I got into nu-GnR.

Definitely be sad to see him go, but it was a great gig. And he knows.

What are the chances Tommy stays with Duff playing rhythm guitar?

It'd be odd as fuck to have Duff standing there and not playing his signature bass parts but I know he's been playing rhythm more as of late with Loaded

Sorry, there's no way that, that's the reunion people want to see. Duff is on his classic p-bass and that's that! Tommy must have been shown the door, but I'd say it was amicable, considering the circumstance and everything else.