Would you accept an original lineup unplugged album?

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How would you feel if near the end of the tour we get one of these shows from them? An special ep of Unplugged with GnR where it's the AFD line up or they do a Story Tellers ep either way would make for an epic conclusion to the tour.

It's a good idea imo. In the realm of possibility too, since Slash wanted to do it then, and Axl has played with the idea with new Guns. Will be cool, but it has to open with One In A Mil.

Edited by Rovim

It's a good idea imo. In the realm of possibility too, since Slash wanted to do it then, and Axl has played with the idea with new Guns. Will be cool, but it has to open with One In A Mil.

Roven,Once they are back officially I think MTV would be falling all over themselves to make this happen.Gonna have some rather upset reality TV fans when all of a sudden this pops up! Lol!

Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by 'story tellers' ?

Back in the day, that was VH1's version of MTV's Unplugged. I didn't know either show still existed.

They don't exist right now but MTV and VH1 would be foolish not to try to get GNR on one of them.

• Like 1

One of my favorite bootlegs is the accoustic set from (CBGB's?) Would you be satisfied with the original lineup doing a proper live acousitc concert with classic matrial and probably a cover or 2 or is it new material or bust?

I'd be really excited at the prospects of an "unplugged" album, and all things considered, it's probably our best shot at a new album outside of a live album from the new tour,

Izzy would be a real possibility since it's a one off and would not require a tour. Wile I like most would LOVE an album of new material, this is somehitng that would have me very stoked.

I hope this does not get locked, I really think this is a good discussion and in the realm of possibility because it would give them a new album to sell and require the least amount of work and commitment.

I mean, it wouldn't be my preference, but fuck yeah I think it'd be great. I just heard the acoustic side of GNR Lies today. They kill that stuff. I'd love a whole thing of that, and it'd be good for Axl probably. Again, not my first choice, but I'd certainly take it and think it would be great.

I mean, it wouldn't be my preference, but fuck yeah I think it'd be great. I just heard the acoustic side of GNR Lies today. They kill that stuff. I'd love a whole thing of that, and it'd be good for Axl probably. Again, not my first choice, but I'd certainly take it and think it would be great.

It might even be easier on his voice. a studio quality of the Mr. Brownstone acoustic was my GnR holy grail from my first listen.

It might even be easier on his voice. a studio quality of the Mr. Brownstone acoustic was my GnR holy grail from my first listen.

Thats what I meant. I think its the safest thing he could do, and they all excel at acoustic stuff.

I don't think it has to be an either or between this and new music. They could write a new song to be played acoustically.

New music would be my preference, but I'd like an unplugged album too.

I would love new music in the set list who knows? It might even light a fire under Axl's ass to get into the studio for a proper album.I would be happy with a live album and dvd from the tour and unplugged we all know that Geffen will release the Greatest Hits with perhaps 2 new songs on it.

I'd want the Coachella live album.

Let's see how Axl's voice is first. If it's bad, the media could turn on the band like they did with Van Halen and David Lee Roth's voice last year.

Not even the media but the general public an fans... If he sounds bad you won't need the media to get it out there. All eyes are on this. I think he was able to get away with it with NuGnR because no one was really watching besides his cult of die hard fans and very casual fans.

Let's see how Axl's voice is first. If it's bad, the media could turn on the band like they did with Van Halen and David Lee Roth's voice last year.

True. It would probably take too long. But it would be a land mark show. It being the first show isn't ideal.

I guess this will just be a social media supernova.

5 options

1. Reunion record

2. CD II

3. Best of

4. Live album

5. Unplugged album

True. It would probably take too long. But it would be a land mark show. It being the first show isn't ideal.

I guess this will just be a social media supernova.

5 options

1. Reunion record

2. CD II

3. Best of

4. Live album

5. Unplugged album