Just for fun.... lets predict how it's going to go down and see who gets it right.

Post your predictions here and then we can bump this thread in six months time and see who was closest to what actually transpired...

Here's mine:

Axl will appear on Kimmel by himself, no Slash. No performance, but he will confirm the reunion, talk about having mended fences with Slash etc. There will be the Coachella headliner announcement and maybe one or two other festival dates confirmed. The lineup will be confirmed as Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard, Kushner, Frank, Dizzy and Pitman with Sorum, Adler and Izzy appearing on selected nights.

Tour dates will appear sporadically over the next month.

A revamped two-disc greatest hits will be announced in February to coincide with the first date of the reunion. A new song will appear on iTunes a few weeks before the opening night to generate some more buzz. This song as well as one other will be included on the greatest hits with both songs being performed at the shows.

Axl and Slash won't be seen together until a photo from the soundcheck "leaks" a few days before opening night, sending the forum into meltdown.

Edited by Towelie

Axl and the boys show up on Kimmle and confirm the reunion or rather revamped GnR.We get the official dates of Coachella and tour.Then a new song and new greatest hits CD and also we get clarification on those teasers at theaters.Down the line if things go well *bows head in prayer to the gods of rock* we get a Unplugged with them.

I say we get a confirmation of the reunion or whatever they end up calling it. 85% chance Slash is there with Axl. Def no performance before Coachella unless its surprise warm up gigs. Hopefully two new songs before tour but im not holding my breath. As far as line-up, fuck! I hope original 5 plus Diz or the UYI lineup. Realistically i see Ax, Slash, Duff, Diz, Fortus, Frank and Pitman for some reason.

Axl appears on Kimmel alone, announces reunion. Refuses to get into details. Tells weird story nobody understands or really wants to hear.

Band plays Coachella and festival dates. People are initially excited, but bitch about Axl's shitty voice and how fat he is. He becomes the butt of more internet memes and late night talk show host's jokes.

All gnr forums continue to be populated by unhappy outcasts with no joy in their lives. Nothing is good enough for any of them...ever.

Guns releases no new music. They play the 2001 setlist minus the CD stuff.

After less than a dozen shows everyone gets pissed at Axl and it's over. Tour is canceled, no further plans are discussed.

Slash continues to tour his solo stuff to smaller and smaller crowds.

Axl retires to his mansion and is never seen in public again.

• Like 1

Axl comes on The Jimmy Wanker Show, makes some lame fuckin' announcement that is a total let-down, like a tour documentary release or else like...a two man or three man reunion (which apparently is a hallmark of integrity :lol:) for a couple of big one off shows with the rest of their future kinda just being in the dark with no one knowing what the fucks going on and after a few years settling on the fact that nothings gonna fuckin' happen anyway, as per usual.

I still think Axl might merely announce some new randoms for nugnr, announce the fact that nugnr will resume cheese touring, and then discuss a bunch of trivial stuff.

I would wet myself laughing if that happened :lol: I'm hoping for disaster personally, fingers crossed!

Edited by Len B'stard

I'm hoping for disaster personally, fingers crossed!

You sadistic bastard. :lol:

Axl appears on Kimmel alone, announces reunion. Refuses to get into details. Tells weird story nobody understands or really wants to hear.

Band plays Coachella and festival dates. People are initially excited, but bitch about Axl's shitty voice and how fat he is. He becomes the butt of more internet memes and late night talk show host's jokes.

All gnr forums continue to be populated by unhappy outcasts with no joy in their lives. Nothing is good enough for any of them...ever.

After less than a dozen shows everyone gets pissed at Axl and it's over. Tour is canceled, no further plans are discussed.

Ever the optimist, eh?

This could very well be it :(

What will happen:

Axl shows up on Kimmel alone and will announce the new band:

Axl

Slash

Duff

Fortus

Frank

Dizzy

Pitman

What I wish will happen (in a realistically way)

Axl shows up on Kimmel.

While he announces the reunion Duff and Slash will appear.

The lineup for the world tour will be

Axl

Slash

Duff

Richard

Sorum

Dizzy

With occasional guest appearances from Steven and Izzy here snd there.

What I wish will happen (but won't):

Axl shows up. While announces the reunion

the whole classic lineup shows up.

They play a classic and a new song.

They announce a world tour, two new songs as well as a new album release in 2017.

Line up will be

Axl

Duff

Slash

Izzy

Steven

Matt

Dizzy

Occasional appearances from Gilby and Taddy Zigzag.

It's gonna go perfectly alright. Jimmy is gonna keep it safe, and I imagine Axl will not answer questions that were not checked before hand cause insecurities. But honestly, I think it's gonna go fine. Just a confirmation and the cracking of some jokes.

So excited right now. Nothing can ruin it except ego driven bullshit by Axl and/or Slash but I'm highly optimistic. I think Axl trusts Duff and he has become very down to earth and just seem like a really good human being. He can act as the super glue and hopefully they'll ride this wave as long as possible.

And I don't care that they're more than 150 years old collectively. 20 years of wasted chemistry. This is way, way better than not in this lifetime.

Edited by Rovim

My WISH:

Axl comes out, sits down, Kimmel breaks the ice asking Axl about the rumors. Axl says he's heard something about them, and Kimmel brings up the Taco Bell tweet. Axl and Jimmy have a laugh, and then Slash comes onto the stage and tells Axl he's heard a bunch of rumors too. They both sit and down and discuss the resentment and how everything was repaired.

My prediction:

Axl shows up, they have a laugh about the Taco Bell tweet, Axl confirms they're reuniting at Coachella

Axl will go to Kimmel, sit down and they'll start talking. Suddenly the lights go out and it looks like the power went out.

Then you hear the starting riff to jungle. Crowd cheering. Then the lights go on again and you see GNR (in whatever linup) performing Jungle.

Axl appears, announces the reunion with Slash and Duff, but tells terms and conditions are still being negotiated. No confirmation for Coachella yet

LIne up: Axl, Slash, Duff, 4tus, Frank, Dizzy (and maybe Pitman)

USA tour

No new album

2017: European tour, then South America till 2018

On some dates, Izzy will appear. No Adler or Sorum, though

Then Axl announce his retirement, Slash and Duff go back to solo

Everybody will be happy except the forums :lol:

Edited by Strange Broue

The forum will melt Tuesday when coachella is announced only to come back online for a few hours before once again crashing when Kimmel airs. Downzy's hair will grey and he will get drunk to deal with the stress of trying to relaunch the forum. He will spend Wednesday hung over while nutcases post their conspiracy theory's about axl being bald, a clone, or secretly being a Sasquatch.

This could very well be it :(

Sadly - yes. :(

- Axl goes to Jimmy Kimmel, tells a bunch of uninteresting "halloween tree" stories and in the end, announces the rumours are true, but doesn't elaborate much: just coachella and plans for a tour. No info on the line-up or anything else.

- They play coachella. Line-up: Axl, Slash, Duff, Kush, Richard, Frank, Dizzy and Pitman. Axl sounds like post 2011, setlist doesn't differ much from what we've been having lately, except for no CD songs and the old band numbers like Attitude, Godfather Theme, etc..