I hope they finally do some Spaghetti songs live.

That whole album is a wretched stinky turd.

I don't understand how any fan of the original band can't find enjoyment in at least some of those songs. To me, it's as enjoyable as all their other albums.

''Guns N' Roses, does punk covers''? It is actually rather like Led Zeppelin doing a punk covers album in 1978 - thanks but no thanks.

Edited by DieselDaisy

I don't understand how any fan of the original band can't find enjoyment in at least some of those songs. To me, it's as enjoyable as all their other albums.

''Guns N' Roses, does punk covers''? It is actually rather like Led Zeppelin doing a punk covers album in 1978 - thanks but no thanks.

Do what? GN'R had just as much in common with the Pistols as they did with Zeppelin. They were influenced by a lot of stuff including punk. Duff's punk roots are part of what separated GN'R from all the lame hair metal bands on the Sunset Strip. You can hear it oozing out of Appetite songs.

Do what? GN'R had just as much in common with the Pistols as they did with Zeppelin. They were influenced by a lot of stuff including punk. Duff's punk roots are part of what separated GN'R from all the lame hair metal bands on the Sunset Strip. You can hear it oozing out of Appetite songs.

Yes you are correct but this is Illusion Guns. At this stage the band were doing ten minute long pompous music videos and splattering their hefty (double) magnum opus with all manner of bells and whistlers. Their stage show consisted of a series of ego ramps for Axl, who was turning up to shows in his underpants, and Slash's gymnastics.

You guys suck. So you'd rather see KOHD and LALD for the trillionth time over Human Being or Down On The Farm? When did GNR fans become such fucking pussies? :lol:

The GNR rendition of KOHD is a way heavier hitter than any of those tracks, and though I am indeed sick to death of that song it's not like we've had Axl and Slash playing it over and over for the past 20 years, no?

We do have plenty of amazing performances from them on YouTube. I would rather see them play songs that didn't get much attention in the old days, such as Locomotive or Don't Damn Me.

Don't Damn Me would be fucking killer! One of my favourite tracks and doable live. Great riff, great vocals and lyrics, the song always overlooked.

Locomotive is in my top 3, but Axl struggled with that live back in the day, it is pretty unlikely he would attempt it now.

Edited by SoundOfAGun

Yes you are correct but this is Illusion Guns. At this stage the band were doing ten minute long pompous music videos and splattering their hefty (double) magnum opus with all manner of bells and whistlers. Their stage show consisted of a series of ego ramps for Axl, who was turning up to shows in his underpants, and Slash's gymnastics.

Those are fair criticisms of the UYI Tour, but bands change direction all the time. Maybe with TSI they looked at the UYI Tour and realized it was pretty ridiculous, so they wanted to do something more stripped down that paid tribute to their roots.

So I'm really digging The Spaghetti Incident right now (such a criminally underrated album) and it got me thinking.. how awesome would it be watching Axl, Slash and Duff bust out Human Being, Down On The Farm or Since I Don't Have You? I also hope Duff gets a solo spot to do New Rose or Raw Power. It'd be a great way to make the stale GNR setlist a bit more interesting, performing these songs they never did live back in the day!

They need to come up with something, especially seeing as most if not all CD-era material is unlikely to be included. So it's either 2 new songs (unlikely), VR covers or a few deep cuts, and it don't get much deeper than TSI?.

I would say no chance for Human Being

Hair of the Dog would be much cooler, but that's also a slim chance

Duff probably do Raw Power , New Rose and Attitude, to save Axl from drowning :lol:

If Adler is gonna be involed, hope they play Down on the Farm just to fuck with him :lol:

To improve the setlist on a reunion date they could perform their OWN songs, not covers for fuck's sake...

You guys suck. So you'd rather see KOHD and LALD for the trillionth time over Human Being or Down On The Farm? When did GNR fans become such fucking pussies? :lol:

It seems you rather hear COVER songs instead of GNR songs :shrugs:

Yeah, KOHD and LALD are boring as shit, but they have enough songs on the UYI's to mix it up

Too bad Axl is struggle with their biggest hits these days

This thing isn't even happened yet and somebody is already bitching at the setlist :lol:

Edited by Strange Broue

So I'm really digging The Spaghetti Incident right now (such a criminally underrated album) and it got me thinking.. how awesome would it be watching Axl, Slash and Duff bust out Human Being, Down On The Farm or Since I Don't Have You? I also hope Duff gets a solo spot to do New Rose or Raw Power. It'd be a great way to make the stale GNR setlist a bit more interesting, performing these songs they never did live back in the day!

They need to come up with something, especially seeing as most if not all CD-era material is unlikely to be included. So it's either 2 new songs (unlikely), VR covers or a few deep cuts, and it don't get much deeper than TSI?.

I would say no chance for Human Being

Hair of the Dog would be much cooler, but that's also a slim chance

Duff probably do Raw Power , New Rose and Attitude, to save Axl from drowning :lol:

If Adler is gonna be involed, hope they play Down on the Farm just to fuck with him :lol:

To improve the setlist on a reunion date they could perform their OWN songs, not covers for fuck's sake...

It seems you rather hear COVER songs instead of GNR songs :shrugs:

You do realise those are cover-songs?

It's safe to say we will never hear Sorry, Madagascar, Scraped or Prostitute again for obvious reasons.

I was just about to say that Im going to laugh when some of the fans see Sorry and the other songs played by Slash.

Maybe some people would then finally realise they are not about Slash. Thats what the man said himself anyway.

Slash and Duff were the ones who told Axl to "just shut up and sing."

You think they're gonna do a big money reunion and waste it giving a bunch of obscure songs an airing?

You think they're gonna do a big money reunion and waste it giving a bunch of obscure songs an airing?

I bet the songs on TSI are less obscure to the average GNR concert-goer than anything on Chinese Democracy.

I bet the songs on TSI are less obscure to the average GNR concert-goer than anything on Chinese Democracy.

You reckon he'll have em playing Chi Dem songs? I wonder what rehearsals are gonna be like, surely all that acrimony can't be instantly forgotten, must be uncomfortable as fuck.

You reckon he'll have em playing Chi Dem songs? I wonder what rehearsals are gonna be like, surely all that acrimony can't be instantly forgotten, must be uncomfortable as fuck.

In King Axl's head this is just a continuation of NuGNR with a tweaked lineup.

I bet they fucking open the show with Chinese Democracy. That would be hilarious. :lol:

In King Axl's head this is just a continuation of NuGNR with a tweaked lineup.

I bet they fucking open the show with Chinese Democracy. That would be hilarious. :lol:

I think Axl just really wanted someone on his side, a studio fiend that was obssessed with sounds, a partner in crime...and all he got was a bunch of junkie slags, if i may have a rare moment of sympathy for ol' ginger bollocks. Megalomania is never a good way to make friends though!

I'd love to see the rehearsals, i feel like it'd be hilairious!

Edited by Len B'stard

It's safe to say we will never hear Sorry, Madagascar, Scraped or Prostitute again for obvious reasons.

I was just about to say that Im going to laugh when some of the fans see Sorry and the other songs played by Slash.

Maybe some people would then finally realise they are not about Slash. Thats what the man said himself anyway.

Slash and Duff were the ones who told Axl to "just shut up and sing."

Ok. That's interesting. Any source for this?

Axl, in the chats, but he's referenced it a few times through the years.

I actually started a thread years ago about the meaning of Sorry and how I don't believe Axl but the forum wont let you search more than a year back. I laid out a pretty strong case, analyzing the song line by line, as to why I think it's about Slash and maybe the other old members. I'll see if I can get one of the mods to find it cuz you might be interested. To me, the chorus is to the fans and the very personal, direct verses are to Slash. The idea that they're vaguely directed at the music biz/media/managers/critics/whomever doesn't work because the references and sentiments are far too direct and specific and personal.

And by the end of the thread basically everyone was saying "Yeah, it's to the fans/Slash, he just doesn't want to make a big deal about it."