if reunion, do you expect an apology?

Axl doesnt often speak but when he does, he drops the bomb

"Slash is cancer" / "will I play with him again? Not in this life time"

etc

and Slash being so rude towards Axl in the media in the years 1995 - 2007, especially around 95 and then when promoting the VR first record (which was a bigger GNR spin off the Axl's GNR 2.0, but Axl never complained about VR - and Slash, Duff n Matt quite the contraty, slamed Axl while doing the same thing but under the VR name).

And now that the money is in the bag, if they reunite, they will get asked : home come you guys play together?

to which they will either answer

a) we have always loved each other

or

b) next question, please

would you feel as ripped off as I ?

I believed what Axl had to say during these GNR 2.0 years

and now it's all gone, we will never learn the truth about the original break up, because now "they're friends again"

for the next 30 shows or so

As long as it's all good behind the scenes, I don't need an apology for shit. These guys are 20+ years older and sometimes even with a year, your maturity and thoughts on things change for the better. I think Axl and Slash have grown up. Only time will tell.

• Like 1

Once off comments about people generally don't get dredged up by people all the time, you read too much into it as you only have press snippets to hold on to as gospel.

He said some while pissed off ("Not in this lifetime", which was a old lineup reunion question, not Slash).

The cancer one sucked, Slash already responded, and I'm sure Axl said something, in private, so these comments don't again get dredged up ad naseum.

Edited by Giblet

I think Axl letting Slash rejoin Guns N' Roses speaks more than any official apology ever would. From the time he left on, all Axl ever said was that - outside of some key riffs- Slash contributed very little, manipulated the band, and refused to make any musical progress. Axl was quite open that he felt GN'R would reach new heights without Slash.

Now, almost two decades later, Axl spent every last ounce of good will he had with post-Slash lineups (and this is from someone who enjoyed "Nu-GNR"). When the replacements of the replacements (Bumbelfoot and DJ) said enough was enough, Axl had to resort to getting Slash and Duff back for hype. I am not saying the reunion will not kick ass, but do not think there any other reason put Slash back in this spot. Axl is a smart man. He knew that having whatever no-name guitarist take over for DJ (weren't rumors going around about some guy from Evanescence) would result in Guns N' Roses being a small step above a county fair act.

They will never publicly address their issues. They don't have to. Of course it would be interesting to know, especially from Axl because his comments were the more extreme and hateful at times, but I'm sure they don't want to spend all their time dragging this stuff up.

This is not a reunion. Axl said in the past that he would agree to do some things with one or two guys on the old lineup. That was in 2008.

But he said "not in this lifetime" later on. Thought the guy was brutally honest...

Still no reunion. Just Slash and Duff joining NuGnr.

I thought it was obvious why Slash and Duff left the first time.

I don't want an apology, that doesn't even make any sense.

People assume too much here... officially it's not even been confirmed that either Slash or Duff is in, they just posted the original logo on their facebook and GnR has been confirmed for coachella but that's it. It seems obvious they are in, but let's just wait and see what happens.

Edited by EvanG

This is not a reunion. Axl said in the past that he would agree to do some things with one or two guys on the old lineup. That was in 2008.

But he said "not in this lifetime" later on. Thought the guy was brutally honest...

So they are playing alongside Tommy, Ron, DJ, Frank, Fortus, Dizzy, Robin, Buckethead, Tobias, etc?

So they are playing alongside Tommy, Ron, DJ, Frank, Fortus, Dizzy, Robin, Buckethead, Tobias, etc?

Only Mothergoose and Dizzy are confirmed. Rumor is that Frank and 4tus are in too. So yeah, no reunion of the old lineup and Slash and Duff joining in GNR.

I really think that Slash's divorce had a lot to do with the air being cleared. We've heard various snippets about Perla's over involvement in stuff (remember the tweets she put out after the last Kimmel interview). Now Slash privately no longer has any loyalty to her I could totally see her used as leverage to take a lot of responsibility for shit that's gone down in the past. By that I don't mean she doesn't deserve it because I don't know and several reports suggest otherwise. I think her no longer being involved in his business affairs has probably been key to moving past old issues.

I doubt Slash will ever talk about this publicly because of his children and it's unlikely Axl will either but we might hear things from 3rd parties on the subject.

Good God... not the brutally honest shit again

• Like 2

I think Axl letting Slash rejoin Guns N' Roses speaks more than any official apology ever would. From the time he left on, all Axl ever said was that - outside of some key riffs- Slash contributed very little, manipulated the band, and refused to make any musical progress. Axl was quite open that he felt GN'R would reach new heights without Slash.

Now, almost two decades later, Axl spent every last ounce of good will he had with post-Slash lineups (and this is from someone who enjoyed "Nu-GNR"). When the replacements of the replacements (Bumbelfoot and DJ) said enough was enough, Axl had to resort to getting Slash and Duff back for hype. I am not saying the reunion will not kick ass, but do not think there any other reason put Slash back in this spot. Axl is a smart man. He knew that having whatever no-name guitarist take over for DJ (weren't rumors going around about some guy from Evanescence) would result in Guns N' Roses being a small step above a county fair act.

I see it the other way around. I don't think the defections of DJ and Bumble prompted Axl to bury the hatchet with Slash and get him back in the fold. I think Axl and Slash buried the hatchet long before DJ and Bumble left... at least started the healing process long before they left... and I'm sure DJ and Bumble were privy to that. I think DJ and Bumble stepped aside knowing it was inevitable Slash would be back in the fold eventually anyway.

And my guess as to why Bumble was so cryptic about it all is... maybe they would still need a third guitarist and he wanted to leave the door open. Not a bad idea considering the amount of $$$ they'd all be swimming in. Who knows... maybe Bumble is in fact still in the fold. I personally doubt that but until an announcement is made about the lineup, we're in the dark outside of Axl, Slash and Duff.

Nah. It's life, you know? People get mad at the other. Have fall-outs. Sometimes, these can last for a long while. Things get said - stupid, hurtful things. But as time passes, and people mature, and look back, those negative sentiments can mellow, even evaporate completely.

I've had a bad fall-out with people in the past, and we didn't speak for years. We got over it. Moved on. Of course, in our situation, there weren't people who kept on dragging up stuff we said years ago, and no longer felt. That would have been really uncomfortable.

It's clear that things have been worked out behind the scenes. In private. And that is how it should be. It isn't my business, and I don't need an explanation, nor do I expect a public apology. It's enough for me, as a fan, to see them play together once more.

That's only between those two. It's nobody else's business. I'm just happy to see them together on stage.

And while to some it may come off as a shock: Axl is a human being and human beings are known to make mistakes and change opinions.