Is there a real friendship between Axl n Slash? or simply business

Listen, Axl is good friends with duff, duff is best buddies with Slash, Axl and Slash worked out their differences, which is leading them into making millions on top of millions, I'm sure those kinda dollars are making it easy for them to be friendly with each other

I have no idea. If i was a betting man I'd say they worked out their differences enough to get to the same point they were in the first time around. Marc canter himself said it was always more of a partnership than personal bond but whatever, as long as they get on stage together who cares

It makes no difference to me as long as we get awesome,three hour shows and (hopefully) some new tunes. I think sometimes we are way too invested in their personal lives. They are guys on their 50's with their own lives and familes. Short of u2,how many bands that have been around 30 plus years do you think enjoy spending free time with each other?

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 2

Knowing how Axl runs thins, I would not be surprised if Axl and Slash have yet to actually talk to each other in person.

Given the amount of money involved, I think Coachella probably required the two of them in the same room with the promoters.

That, plus I'm sure Duff and Slash have both been together with Axl since Duff is likely what set this whole thing in motion.

It makes no difference to me as long as we get awesome,three hour shows and (hopefully) some new tunes. I think sometimes we are way too invested in their personal lives. They are guys on their 50's with their own lives and familes. Short of u2,how many bands that have been around 30 plus years do you think enjoy spending free time with each other?

Queen were actually remarkably close right until Freddie's death.

Queen were actually remarkably close right until Freddie's death.

Still the examples are few and far between. Slash and Axl have been estranged for 20 years. I can't see them being buddy buddy (if they were even ever like that to begin with)in 2016.

I guess their friendship will increase once they tour, at the moment, this is just a business deal, I bet Axl and Slash have not even seen each other face to face, all things were talked through their lawyers.

At the moment, Duff is the common thing between them. With so much money on the line, even Slash would be like fuck it IF Axl shows up late and all.

To make music and to do shows his way, Slash has his own band which is amazing.

This whole GNR has become a big business venture by Axl, Slash and Duff and by the looks of it they are hiring Frank, Fortus and Titman for the time being.

If you're in your 40's or older, it's probably like the people you've worked around for 5-10 years. You hang together at the office. You know about their families and you probably even remember their birthday, but you don't really hang out with them or invite them to your house. You keep it all separate.

Lots of random speculation.

If you read back through all of the various signs it would be very hard to imagine Axl and Slash haven't graduated from texting to calling and then meeting face to face. You really think all of the parties involved would want to go through with this with millions of dollars at stake if Axl and Slash were gonna see each other for the first time on the day of the show?

I guess their friendship will increase once they tour, at the moment, this is just a business deal, I bet Axl and Slash have not even seen each other face to face, all things were talked through their lawyers.

At the moment, Duff is the common thing between them. With so much money on the line, even Slash would be like fuck it IF Axl shows up late and all.

This whole GNR has become a big business venture by Axl, Slash and Duff and by the looks of it they are hiring Frank, Fortus and Titman for the time being.

You like your Titman joke, don't you?

You like your Titman joke, don't you?

I din't even make that up, I saw some one saying it over here and I just use it, its not even funny, I see it as a neutral thing cause to be Chris is a nobody and very useless in the band. Now some people will say he "works" in the studio and all, but well we just got 1 album, where is the rest of the shit? I'd rather see Tracey and Roberta instead of him.

Axl and Slash are willing to put aside their differences. Be it for more money, more fame, more chicks......who knows.......but I think it ultimately will be a working relationship. They aren't going to be vacationing with each other any time soon.

Duff is the key here. He is the mediator, the go-between, the communicator.

As long as they can still kick ass on stage for two hours, which they can...........it's all good!

• Like 1