Is there a real friendship between Axl n Slash? or simply business

Broke. Not broke in the sense that he is cleaning car windows; broke in the sense that he wants to sustain the lifestyle he already has. Listen, I've watched this 'artist' stoop to the level of endless Vegas residencies and Budweiser commercials. You are not telling me that there has not been an artistic sacrifice for pecuniary interests here? How can you go from discussing 'trilogies' of 'industrial music', to warbling through November Rain on a levitating piano?

Put two and two together and you arrive at four.

The guy is broke.

He can't be. Not with H&M selling all these shirts with GNR on it, and well a lot of other brands selling those as well. He must have earned a lot from that. I really don't think he is broke.

I read somewhere in canter banter that mark canter said axl and slash were friends but that they were never "best" friends

also says on clebritynetworth axl is worth about 250 million

Edited by romeorose
  • Like 1

Broke. Not broke in the sense that he is cleaning car windows; broke in the sense that he wants to sustain the lifestyle he already has. Listen, I've watched this 'artist' stoop to the level of endless Vegas residencies and Budweiser commercials. You are not telling me that there has not been an artistic sacrifice for pecuniary interests here? How can you go from discussing 'trilogies' of 'industrial music', to warbling through November Rain on a levitating piano?

The guy is broke.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/12/what-happened-when-axl-rose-rented-my-apartment.html

Yup, dude is totally broke.

The article has the funniest line ever...

But he was said to have reformed as he aged. By the time he inspected my apartment, he was almost 50 years old and getting the belly to prove it.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHA

The guy is broke.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/12/what-happened-when-axl-rose-rented-my-apartment.html

Yup, dude is totally broke.

DieselDaisy just likes to belly ache on things. He's like the internet version of Jeff Dunhams "Walter" or Grumpy Cat when it comes to anything Axl or GNR reunion.

Axl could afford to clone himself several times and pay for lifestyles identical to his own for them for the next 50 years.

Axl being brutally honest, has said he was close to bankruptcy at one point. Why is that always ignored? So it's not unreasonable to say he's had serious financial issues which could be a motivator. Plus, for a while he was touring to pay off debts. Again, he's spoke about this, but it gets ignored.

Also, consider the fact that the Illusion tour made nothing as all of the money was soaked up by lawsuits, cancellation fees and backstage Roman orgies. That was the last tour Axl did before 2002, and 2002 was another disaster. Touring than provided no revenue until 2006-07.

Literally the only people who Axl Rose appears to be friends with, judging by whoevers in the public eye, are the ones that massively suck his cock, so no, i don't think there is a real friendship, there is a sound financial desicion by two parties that realised there's a few quid in what they do together that ain't so much there when they are apart.

But seriously, name me one person who Axl is friends with that we're privvy too that does speaks of him in anything less than extremely glowing terms or even makes anything like a deprecating comment about him, even in jest? You can't cuz there ain't any.

Axl being brutally honest, has said he was close to bankruptcy at one point. Why is that always ignored? So it's not unreasonable to say he's had serious financial issues which could be a motivator. Plus, for a while he was touring to pay off debts. Again, he's spoke about this, but it gets ignored.

'Bankruptcy' for celebs and bankruptcy for your ordinary person is two different things. Like Mike Tyson said to you 10 mil is a fortune, to me 10 mil is near broke.

• Like 1

We've not heard a peep from Axl. This might all be going ahead because he is (somehow) on the verge of bankruptcy and has had to swallow his pride to keep the wolves from the door.

LOL!

I literally laugh out loud every time somebody says Axl is going bankrupt!

He holds controlling rights to the biggest debut album EVER! with 40 million+ sales and his NuGNR Vegas residency grossed 15 million. The Use Your Illusions Tour money is surely still floating around, along with the success of those albums. On top of that, even in his down time he made money touring and the 8 million that Chinese Democracy sold. Not to mention merchandising rights on anything GNR. Axl has PLENTY of Money!. There may have been massive money blowing on the Use Your Illusions tour with late fees and theme parties, we all splurge on shit once in a while but we keep a safety net just incase, I believe just like with the drug use shit Axl always knew how to control himself, he may have done those things but he could cut himself off at any time. Axl is probably sitting better than anyone in the band besides Slash, they all have done well, the ones who need the money are Steven & Izzy and theres no word on weather or not they're in yet.

I think people tend to forget that while cd sales have slumped, Music usage rights have NOT. I'm assistant manager & investor at a Strip Club and we're a smaller club and we still pay $10,000 per year to the big 3 music companies (BMI, ASCAP, SESAC) just to play their music, that covers nearly every major recording artist and now theres a 4th company trying to get its paws into things. Now figure this, Bars, restaurants and Strip clubs all have to pay to legally use this music, now add this on to your figuring...how many restaurants, bars, strip clubs are there in the world? do the math...now that you've done it, you can clearly see just off of that alone Axl doesn't need to EVER do a damn thing again in his life to make money, he just needs to sit & wait on the checks. The number of bars & clubs in Wisconsin alone could fund Axl's great grand children and their children off of his royalties.

Its definitely not like the Beatles where they pissed their whole music catalogue away selling it or just plain not controlling it, Axl at least controls it.

Well i strongly dissagree that Izzy needes money. He gets A LOT from royalties from first 4 albums, so you better get your facts straight. And you sound like Izzy is eager to join this reunion, while he most probably doesnt care at all.

I assume it is a business relationship but they are on friendly terms. I don`t think it is (only) about the money, of course more is always better in that perspective, but in the past years Axl`s net worth was estimated at least 150Mio. USD by various sources. Maybe it has more to do with the decline of attention Guns got, maybe as well as Slash and Duff with their projects. I remember seeing Slash a while ago in a concert hall with maybe 500 people.....

The only way they are ever able to play the really big crowds is with a Guns reunion. And if you get a really big check with it, even better.

Can we have some links to these claims then?

I'm not going to search for you. The bankruptcy comment was made in one of his tirades against Slash. He was of course blaming Slash. The touring comment was made in relation to the Azoff settlement. That they, GNR and Livenation iirc, were not making any money from the tour. Funny how these comments of his drift away, while people can regurgitate stuff like "not in this lifetime" etc. Axl has said a lot which contradicts the fantasy that his fans like to peddle.

• Like 1

when did Axl say he was close to bankrupcy?

I'm not calling you a liar, I just missed it

Friends,yeah i know it sound weird but,they were friends back in the origin, in the illusions there were a lot of drugs,but now they are grown man ( at least some of them) and they can have good times knowing the bounds of each others.Im sure they will be more easygoing than back in 92

I don’t think this would be happening if there wasn’t something of a real friendship being rekindled. The money has always been there, so why do it now? I would like to think they have re-connected on some level, even if it’s just texting here and there. I don’t expect them to go out to dinner together and stuff - Slash has another band and two kids, and Axl has.. whatever he has going on.

mid life crisis perhaps?

No, it's because of the good old days when they were young and on top of the world, it's because of the friendship and growing up in the jungle together, it's because of the love that they have for each other as musicians, it's because they are older now and see things from another perspective... Do you need any more reasons? :P It's all a part of life and it's very simple actually!

• Like 1