Guns N’ Roses Coachella Lineup Press Release

Guys, who cares about how the press release was written, and if it was trending on Twitter or not. Axl, Slash, and Duff are going to be on the same stage again, playing the songs they made famous. Fuck all the over examination. Lets just enjoy this, and be positive.

Who cares if its not trending? Well mass acceptance was the basis of the argument for not having a full reunion 'the masses only care about Axl and Slash' so it's relevant as an observation don't you think? Then again would it be a bigger deal if it was the lot of em or has their ship sailed? The latter i think but hey, it's there to be disproved.

People that are complaining about the wording of this press release need to consider two things:

1) It came from Coachella. Not the band or TB.

2) Its technically and factually correct. The founding members of GNR are Axl, Izzy, Tracii, Rob, and Ole. Granted, that lineup disintegrated as soon as it began and Slash, Duff, and Steven joined shortly thereafter, but still: they're members of the classic and famous lineup, but NOT founding members of the band. That's a fact and really can't be disputed.

• Like 1

Y'know what'd crack me up?

Axl - 'And on rhythm guitar, a friend who has been with me since day dot, i think this makes his 8th or 9th live performance, ladies and gentleman give it up for Mr Paul Tobias!'

*Slash quietly seethes*

Slash - thinkaboutthecheque, thinkaboutthecheque, thinkaboutthecheque

:lol:

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

This reunion will be a big deal, it will be one of the top YouTube videos for guns n roses, everyone wants to see it, but nobody is sure what to expect. A lot of people are going to be negative towards this band because when they broke up it left a bad taste in people's mouths.

Seeing them perform live has turned a lot of people into fans and so if they put on a great show then the momentum will continue. If it's average then it will be cool for 5 minutes. They are much older now though, so honestly I don't know what to expect, in all honesty it could be Axl running around looking energetic while everyone else stands in one spot. Who knows, it will be great to see though, we will see how long the interest last however.

People that are complaining about the wording of this press release need to consider two things:

2) Its technically and factually correct. The founding members of GNR are Axl, Izzy, Tracii, Rob, and Ole. Granted, that lineup disintegrated as soon as it began and Slash, Duff, and Steven joined shortly thereafter, but still: they're members of the classic and famous lineup, but NOT founding members of the band. That's a fact and really can't be disputed.

So you're counting two gigs while the band fucked around with the name and their members? Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

So you're counting two gigs while the band fucked around with the name and their members?

Yes it can be fucking disputed because when they say founder members of the band they mean the band that became famous not the band they were before that no one had fuckin' heard of, thats just semantic bullshit, thats like saying Wally Nightingale was a founder member of The Sex Pistols.

• Like 1

Compare that press release to the overly-enthusiastic press release when DJ joined and you'll see the difference immediately.

Slash and Duff : former members who regrouped with founding member Axl Rose

Dj Ashba : a gifted, enregetic guitarist that GnR is proud to have on board, who brings a fresh approach to their particular brand of mayhem

. . .

EDIT : to be fair though, the press release calls the lineup "iconic".

TB obvously hate Slash's guts and are very disgusted (maybe even shit scared) with what is happening. They have a good reason because Slash back in the band is a threat to their position. But since Axl obviously wanted this, he should now have some balls and stop approving of such shit :shrugs:

• Like 1

Compare that press release to the overly-enthusiastic press release when DJ joined and you'll see the difference immediately.

Slash and Duff : former members who regrouped with founding member Axl Rose

Dj Ashba : a gifted, enregetic guitarist that GnR is proud to have on board, who brings a fresh approach to their particular brand of mayhem

. . .

EDIT : to be fair though, the press release calls the lineup "iconic".

TB obvously hate Slash's guts and are very disgusted (maybe even shit scared) with what is happening. They have a good reason because Slash back in the band is a threat to their position. But since Axl obviously wanted this, he should now have some balls and stop approving of such shit :shrugs:

u my sir have probably assessed this 100% correctly

TB need to go away or at least fucking grow up

This whole press release sort of seeps reasons why things will fall apart in the future. How many concessions will Slash and Duff have to make when it comes to their impact and significance on the legacy to make Axl feel the public is being told Chinese Democracy was a legitimate GNR undertaking? I felt it was weird they said regroup, weird they said "Axl Rose and former members Slash and Duff Mckagan," and a tidbit about the (arguable) critical acclaim and commercial success of CD but not mention of Contraband which was one of the most popular rock albums of the mid 00's. Nothing was factually inaccurate, but phrasing and omission served to inflate Axl's success with Guns N' Roses in '96-present age when compared to Slash and Duff's contributions in general, making the press release a very Axl Rose document.

Point being, how many little passive concession will Slash and Duff make before the concessions get bigger and they can't do it anymore?

This is still so surreal. I know Axl isn't a reliable or trustworthy person but his 'not in this lifetime' comment seemed definite. Amazing.

I hope these guys TALK, specially Duff, the guy is probably responsible for 90% of this reunion. Most exciting year to be a fan of these guys since 2007.

Ok so it's probably the rumored hybrid lineup then. The other players are not mentioned by coachella because they know it waters the news down. I have been trying to think about what is bothering me about this and I think I would have been ok with three original players on stage if they were only five. Now that there are seven of them, or perhaps even eight, the stage will be dominated by anonymous characters with no legacy and that makes it feel less special. For some reason I think of dizzy as NuGuns in the company of as much as three other NuGuns members even if I would have been totally ok with him if it was a complete or almost complete classic GNR lineup. Perhaps irrational on my part. Funny though how someone who's been around from the time when Matt joined can have that few supporters... Mind-boggling even.

Either way I really just want them to succeed and not tarnish their legacy, and I don't want them to go about this as "the music happening of the century" and then it all falls on its face because they overestimated the impact. A majority of ticket buyers will have had an interest in the band in the past. Some of you seem to think the audience will be dominated by 20 year olds that like paradise city but I disagree. The people considering going might not remember the name of Izzy stradlin without a reminder but they recognize the classic lineups and they will want the real deal, they will want something new added (new as in differentiated from NuGuns). Now it's really just one added player. Duff played with both the other guys through the years and believe me, this Axl-Slash feud is NOT as legendary outside the rock world, so that dimension might not be enough to draw huge crowds. All in all, I would feel ok with this if one more classic member was added and one of the newer members left. I think that would be enough.

Ok so it's probably the rumored hybrid lineup then. The other players are not mentioned by coachella because they know it waters the news down. I have been trying to think about what is bothering me about this and I think I would have been ok with three original players on stage if they were only five. Now that there are seven of them, or perhaps even eight, the stage will be dominated by anonymous characters with no legacy and that makes it feel less special. For some reason I think of dizzy as NuGuns in the company of as much as three other NuGuns members even if I would have been totally ok with him if it was a complete or almost complete classic GNR lineup. Perhaps irrational on my part. Funny though how someone who's been around from the time when Matt joined can have that few supporters... Mind-boggling even.

Either way I really just want them to succeed and not tarnish their legacy, and I don't want them to go about this as "the music happening of the century" and then it all falls on its face because they overestimated the impact. A majority of ticket buyers will have had an interest in the band in the past. Some of you seem to think the audience will be dominated by 20 year olds that like paradise city but I disagree. The people considering going might not remember the name of Izzy stradlin without a reminder but they recognize the classic lineups and they will want the real deal, they will want something new added (new as in differentiated from NuGuns). Now it's really just one added player. Duff played with both the other guys through the years and believe me, this Axl-Slash feud is NOT as legendary outside the rock world, so that dimension might not be enough to draw huge crowds. All in all, I would feel ok with this if one more classic member was added and one of the newer members left. I think that would be enough.

As time passes it's becoming painfully obvious that Slash and Duff have joined NuGuns. This is not a reunion. Pittman was responsible for the theater teaser. Axl bungled a planned TV appearance. The press release was laughably stilted towards Axl. Fans are left to play detective to try and piece together what's actually going on. Passive aggressive tweets are sent blaming fans. And what's that smell in the air? Oh it's NuGuns.

If they take Adler somehow, then i would say Izzy is a must too... :lol:

I've been saying that Izzy is not really important live gig wise, but if Adler can join in, then Izzy is a must...

and this whole 4tus, Frank, Pitman situation will be solved

I've been saying that Izzy is not really important live gig wise, but if Adler can join in, then Izzy is a must...

Logically I find it very hard to believe that Izzy wasn't offered a role in this (whatever this is) and I believe 100% that he'll make appearances before this is said and done. I also believe that logically based only on his silence in the matter that Steven has been offered some sort of guest role as well or you can bet your bottom dollar we would have heard some long "woe is me" tale from him by now. The only intriguing aspect that I can't figure out is Matt's involvement or lack thereof.

Logically I find it very hard to believe that Izzy wasn't offered a role in this (whatever this is) and I believe 100% that he'll make appearances before this is said and done. I also believe that logically based only on his silence in the matter that Steven has been offered some sort of guest role as well or you can bet your bottom dollar we would have heard some long "woe is me" tale from him by now. The only intriguing aspect that I can't figure out is Matt's involvement or lack thereof.

Well, it's just a continuation of NuGuns and the drummer position was not vacant.

Well, it's just a continuation of NuGuns and the drummer position was not vacant.

I agree with that point as it logically makes sense now that we know what we're dealing with. (a continuation of NuGuns) But if he doesn't at least make a guest appearance then I think it's safe to assume that he's somehow pissed off Uncle Axl.. and recently.

It's Slash, Axl, Duff and a bunch of hired hands (similar to the UYI tour situation). It's not nugnr when there are three original members in the band.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to go back to 1987. There's no time machine available yet.

Edited by Roky