Steven Adler and Izzy possible guests for reunion

It would be rude to to tell richard fortus to get off the stage so izzy can play I hope izzy doen't show up Richard deserves this

You hope a primary songwriter with a multitude of credits to his name and founding member would not replace a guy who used to play for the Backside Boys and Britney?

• Like 1

It would be rude to to tell richard fortus to get off the stage so izzy can play I hope izzy doen't show up Richard deserves this

You hope a primary songwriter with a multitude of credits to his name and founding member would not replace a guy who used to play for the Backside Boys and Britney?

Don't forget Rihanna.

Richard doesn't deserve anything.lol When Izzy shows up Richard will step aside. He may not have to get off the stage, but he will have to move to the side. The same goes for Frank when the time comes.

• Like 1

Adler's drumming made the band, he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave the songs their feel. Afterwards, nothing worked.
Izzy Stradlin (Guitar World, November 1992).

I agree with him that Adler's drumming took them from great to incredible, but UYI still has a ton of great (even incredible) material on it without Steven.

To answer my own question at the start of this thread:

Yes, I would be satisfied with a nightly guest appearance of Steven Adler. He could play a couple of songs, and then call it a night. He is too risky to depend on for a huge tour, given his past indiscretions.

Izzy might just not want to tour. We all know that. So.......let him come when he wants for a guest spot here and there. I hope I am at a show that he pops into!!!

Edited by BadApples87

I think Izzy and Sorum are much bigger question marks than Adler.

If Adler was seriously going to be left out of this he would be insufferably running his mouth in the press. He'll be there for the Appetite songs.

Izzy wants to tour, but he's an alpha who doesn't stand for shit and will walk out if certain members get too controlling in the GNR camp.

• Like 1

If Adler was seriously going to be left out of this he would be insufferably running his mouth in the press. He'll be there for the Appetite songs.

I agree that Sorum was out from the get-go. Gilby never had a chance. Either did Tracii Guns, LOL. Although LA Guns could reunite and open for GNR, that's an idea.

I agree that Sorum was out from the get-go. Gilby never had a chance. Either did Tracii Guns, LOL. Although LA Guns could reunite and open for GNR, that's an idea.

Paul Huge was considered though.