Steven Adler and Izzy possible guests for reunion

It would be rude to to tell richard fortus to get off the stage so izzy can play I hope izzy doen't show up Richard deserves this

rude?

any decent man in the place of richard fortus would say words like these to axl

- i cant believe you are asking me to play these shows. I am very honored, more than I can tell you or show you. I'll be forever grateful to you for your trust and i mean it. but you can not do guns n roses with me on the guitar. you got to have izzy on guitar, not me.

(same goes for frank ferrer. he should thank axl, step aside and let steven in)

thats what a decent, classy, person would do

whoever stays in the way of the five guys reunion... now that, that is being rude... to millions

I agree, and i would love to see original members on stage, but i don't really think Axl would tell anyone of them to get off

• Like 1

I don't care if Pitman is in, he's never been relevant. I'm more worried about who's on drums. Matt should be the drummer, not Frank.

Pittmans synths ruin the essence of Guns N Roses songs. Unneeded synths drowning out great guitar parts.. Plus it just outnumbers original members even more and seriously dilutes this thing even more..

Also agreed on Matt over Frank.. Anyone but Frank...

• Like 1

Adler's drumming made the band, he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave the songs their feel. Afterwards, nothing worked.

Izzy Stradlin (Guitar World, November 1992).

:izzy::popcorn:
Agreed with Izzy. Now if only he could suck it up and do a whole tour like axl and slash, then between the money offers and what not.. Hey bringing Adler back wouldn't be so bad. So yeah.. This is on Izzy if it doesn't work out like it or not

It would be rude to to tell richard fortus to get off the stage so izzy can play I hope izzy doen't show up Richard deserves this

You hope a primary songwriter with a multitude of credits to his name and founding member would not replace a guy who used to play for the Backside Boys and Britney?

I have no beef with Richard but outside of a few kids on this board does anyone consider him to be a member of GNR? Doubtful. Izzy is and always will be considered a member no matter how long Rich has been in the band. That's not a knock on Richard. Nobody can replace Slash or Duff either. I guess some fans are cool with Sorum instead of Adler so Matt might get a pass.

• Like 1

You hope a primary songwriter with a multitude of credits to his name and founding member would not replace a guy who used to play for the Backside Boys and Britney?

I have no beef with Richard but outside of a few kids on this board does anyone consider him to be a member of GNR? Doubtful. Izzy is and always will be considered a member no matter how long Rich has been in the band. That's not a knock on Richard. Nobody can replace Slash or Duff either. I guess some fans are cool with Sorum instead of Adler so Matt might get a pass.

I don't know much about Fortus except that he's cool, plays ok and looks like Izzy did in his younger days.

I think we can agree that pitman is in the lineup in order to validate Axl's 'vision' in some way. And if the 'partnership & employees' story for cochella is to be believed, pitman would be a VERY inexpensive crutch for Axl's ego by any standard. Pay the guy 3000 bucks a show to twiddle on some unplugged synths, and then go collect an 8 million dollar payday. It's just good business sense to include him if it ensures Axl is cool to sing.

What about Matt Sorum?

Matt's name has usually been omitted from most 'rumors'. Eddie Trunk said in his blog post that hes heard from the sources that Matt will DEFINITELY not be a part of this reunion.

I guess he had words exchanged with Axl (VH1 special, fight with Axl over Slash vs Paul Tobias, fight with Axl during UYI tours mentioned in Slash's book) and as you know Axl never forgets.

Axl also labelled Matt Sorum as an additional studio musician in the greatest hits compilation. Plus he mentioned in his Hall of fame rant letter that there are some members he wouldve wanted to be removed and some to be added.

Edited by Darkness Descends
  • Like 1