Coachella - Forum Meetup / Camping Thread

I just booked a room at the Super 8 2 miles from the event. Still a couple rooms left. Going first weekend.

Good choice. Super 8 falls into the category of "4 walls, a roof and a door" for me. Sometimes when you're travelling, that's all you need. You'll be a hell of a lot better off than everyone camping out, that's for damn sure.

One of the main reasons I'm going to Coachella is for the camping experience. I am 100% sure there will be a tour and I'm not one of those people who HAS to see the first show but I'm looking forward to the experience of the festival as a whole. As someone in their mid 30s,I think I'm well above the target age range for Coachella but between the festival and getting to spend a few days in LA,for me it's worth it. If I had not had the chance to camp,I probably wouldn't be going.

I just booked a room at the Super 8 2 miles from the event. Still a couple rooms left. Going first weekend.

Good choice. Super 8 falls into the category of "4 walls, a roof and a door" for me. Sometimes when you're travelling, that's all you need. You'll be a hell of a lot better off than everyone camping out, that's for damn sure.

The main reason I'm camping is because I plan on being front row, and I don't want to have to get up earlier from a hotel and drive into the festival and worry about parking and all that the day of the show. I want to be able to get up, drink a monster, take a shot and go.

Right on. To each their own and all that. Camping has just never been my thing but I can see why others would dig it in this case.

I hate camping, but we gotta do what we gotta do. We'll probably be up super-early anyway.

You can tell gnr are not a traditional festival (proper camping festival that is) band or we would not be having these conversations today. GNR fans are simply not used to shitting in a plastic rectangular cube! GNR were never a Glastonbury style band.

One thing about the camping is it will be hot out there and you be hot as shit. If you are single, camp and hook up with chicks. If you are in a relationship and want sleep each night get a hotel. The camping there is like a 24/7 spring break party.

GN'R fans are all fat and old now. The girls at this event will be teenagers I imagine. Have some dignity and watch out for Yew Tree

I'd rather see Adele than Guns and Roses.

Then go for it.

One thing about the camping is it will be hot out there and you be hot as shit. If you are single, camp and hook up with chicks. If you are in a relationship and want sleep each night get a hotel. The camping there is like a 24/7 spring break party.

GN'R fans are all fat and old now. The girls at this event will be teenagers I imagine. Have some dignity and watch out for Yew Tree

Speak for yourself, grandpa.

• Like 2

Camping has never been my thing either. I thought I was one of those weird cases. :lol:

That's why I bought a cabin.

You can camp.....but you are in a house, sleeping in a bed, with electricity and hot water.

The only downside is you can't move it to other places!

Old(er) yes. Fat? Not all of us. But yes,the teenager who bought AFD back in 88 is pushing 40+ now. I got to see the (semi) real deal live in 92 so this is just a bonus to me. I don't think the girls that are there to rave and what not are interested in hooking up with GNR fans. I bet Axl could still put it down though on them.

Camping has never been my thing either. I thought I was one of those weird cases. :lol:

That's why I bought a cabin.

You can camp.....but you are in a house, sleeping in a bed, with electricity and hot water.

The only downside is you can't move it to other places!

What weekend are you going?

If you want to ''pull chicks'' at this festival, please don't wear your Guns top, or say you are a particular fan of the band Guns N' Roses. Just don't...

Spoken by a true person who doesn't know how to "pull chicks" :awesomeface:

Did you get Coachella camping spots?

Even the car camping was sold out when I got my tickets. I need to figure out what the hell I'm doing for the second weekend.

If you want to ''pull chicks'' at this festival, please don't wear your Guns top, or say you are a particular fan of the band Guns N' Roses. Just don't...

I'm picturing the "Foxey Lady" scene from Wayne's World using Axl's snake dance.

Edited by AbominableHoman

Even the car camping was sold out when I got my tickets. I need to figure out what the hell I'm doing for the second weekend.

Yeah, I got my stuff through Nightrain so we were able to buy car camping passes separately.

Yeah, I got my stuff through Nightrain so we were able to buy car camping passes separately.

I hit opening time at coachella.com immediately for the second week (after first week presale was out) and couldn't find camping/car camping. Delayed looking for lodging up until now, but I'm sure (uh, sorta) ill figure something out.

Super8 close to Coachella had some rooms.

Out now. Everything else is ~$250+ and about 15+ miles away.

I don't really give a shit how much I spend on the experience, but I'm not sure if I should go ahead and buy now or check cragslists/forums/airbnb/etc.

Are you interested in buying my hotel room? It is 2 miles from the hotel and includes the wrist band. Let me know. The Super 8 Indio.