Which NuGNR member will fade into obscurity the quickest?

Facekicker

Paul Tobias already has.

But in reality, all of them. Chinese Democracy wasn't a huge success. Nobody is really established. Buckethead has a very devoted following, but I don't consider that to be very mainstream. Same goes for Tommy as a Replacements member. To the average music fan Nu-GnR was "Axl and a bunch of guys". They simply didn't establish themselves as more than that.

• Like 2

I love that there are musicians who do low-key gigs and still rock out, even if they don't make it big. (Although, Bumble is semi-known.) Not everybody can be a rockstar. But everyone can be a musician. And I think that's great. Everybody has the right to rock out.

But my answer to your question is Frank. Maybe the reunion (or re-grouping) will chance that, if he is indeed included in that.

• Like 2

They were doing that before GNR too. I'm talking about impact , profile and legacy.

What has Ron got to offer seriously? Maybe the daftest guitar to ever grace a stage?

He's one of the best guitarists around. I think he'll be just fine.

Stinson

He's got a bunch of projects and is playing a bunch of shows. He'll be fine too.

Pitman

He's headlining Coachella, sooooo...

But my answer to your question is Frank. Maybe the reunion (or re-grouping) will chance that, if he is indeed included in that.

He is included, so I doubt he'll be "fading into obscurity" anytime soon :lol:

Like being a NuGnR side man ain't obscurity to begin with :lol:

Richard is a sought after live and session guy, Bumble and Bucket will always have their niche, they're called 'music fans', Frank i dunno shit about but he puts a shift in, can't imagine it'd be hard for him to find work of substance, DJ Ashba is a thoroughly useless spare tit, he's the one I'd pick, this odious little pleb is trying to eek out a living immitating a fuckin' fad genre from the 80s that doesn't and won't bear revivial, it's like trying to revive flares, big medallions and disco. Least Disco had good tunes.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 2

I'd go with Ron but not due to lack of talent. I'm a huge fan of the guy's solo stuff (and I enjoyed the Art of Anarchy record) and it seems he's happy with a similar level of fame to Buckethead - ie a cult following. I get the impression he doesn't care about how 'famous' he is - so long as he's playing guitar, working with people and composing music he's happy. I imagine the guy's made enough money from 2006-2014 to be financially secure for life and he'll have no problem whatsoever making a living from music.

I'd go for Stinson next but he'll always have the Replacements fanbase and if he ever works with a certain Mr. Westerberg again then it'll be huge news (well 'huge' in the indie circles anyway).

Ashba oddly enough will probably be the only one who's still properly in the public eye due to Sixx: AM as that's Nikki's full time band now Crue are over.

To be honest though I don't think any of the past GN'R members that came into the fold post the schism in the '90s have been huge household names afterwards and it doesn't seem they're too bothered by it. Finck and Bucket seem to like their privacy and don't seem too concerned with being famous. To the casual audience GN'R after the 'breakup' has always been 'Axl and some random guys'.

Edited by BassistSeb