'The Most Dangerous Band In The World: The Story Of Guns N' Roses' To Air On BBC FOUR In UK (Fri 5th Feb 10pm)

7 minutes ago, alfierose said:

We should crowd fund and do the definitive MyGnr Guns N Roses documentary. It would amazingly detailed, chronologically accurate and about 8 hours long! :lol:

This! I'm sure we'd be able to gather a lot more accurate information. I mean, there's a topic in which people are hardcore talking about Axl's hair lines through the years. That's commitment.

It's not bad, it's just... poor, at least for those of us who have been following the band for years.

8 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

The razor sharp audience footage from a UYI arena show was cool, felt like you were there, as was the Back of Bitch from '86. Axl sounded awesome back then

(or if it wasn't audience footage it was extremely weird cam pro-shot)

Did anyone notice what was written on the front of Axl's white t-shirt which had GN'R on the back?

Hm... I've noticed a shirt that said "Versace" on the back and "GnR" on the front, I think. But I doubt that's what you're talking about. I thought it was a cool detail 'cause I've never paid attention to that before.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I really enjoyed the old footage (Marc's presumably) some great stuff I'd not seen before. Worth a watch for that alone, there was a few interesting quotes and bits of information that perhaps add a new angle to one or two things. A lot of it of course was stuff we all know here on this forum but that's to be expected, for a casual fan who had left the story back in the nineties I think it would be really fascinating.

Not sure about the whole Alice/Rabbit sub plot, it felt a bit clunky and unnecessary. Overall though it was a reasonably good, entertaining watch which owes a lot to Marc's film footage.

I think the Alice down the rabbit hole thing was a way for the director to say to the audience, "Hey, kids, I'm taking you on a 'kkkkkerrrrazzzy' trip into the underbelly of rock n' roll."  But he didn't, sadly. Duff's book and Slash's book are way better than this. I'm evangelistic about Duff's book! 

• Like 2

Just now, BetterDay7 said:

I think the Alice down the rabbit hole thing was a way for the director to say to the audience, "Hey, kids, I'm taking you on a 'kkkkkerrrrazzzy' trip into the underbelly of rock n' roll."  But he didn't, sadly. Duff's book and Slash's book are way better than this. I'm evangelistic about Duff's book! 

Yes, me too! Duff's book's my bible lol altought I'm skeptical about how he tells the contract story... I think there's more to it than they (Duff and Slash) want us to know.

• Like 1

Ha! Don't know what the game is with the contract story really but yes, I love the book. You don't even have to be a GNR fan or even a rock fan to get a lot out of it. It always takes me to another place! (A better one, I mean!) 

Edited by BetterDay7
typos

4 minutes ago, emybdc said:

This! I'm sure we'd be able to gather a lot more accurate information. I mean, there's a topic in which people are hardcore talking about Axl's hair lines through the years. That's commitment.

It's not bad, it's just... poor, at least for those of us who have been following the band for years.

Hm... I've noticed a shirt that said "Versace" on the back and "GnR" on the front, I think. But I doubt that's what you're talking about. I thought it was a cool detail 'cause I've never paid attention to that before.

About four hours could be given over to the hair topic alone. :lol::facepalm:

• Like 1

It was kinda cool and corny. Once again GnR diied from the book of history in 1996. No words on Chinese.

Also the other main problem is that we saw Steven, Marc, Niven or Slash views on GnR history the whole film. Always the same side of the coin. Then Use Your Illusion came out and then we've got Matt Sorum talking for like half an hour, hoping for a reunion, he's obviously portrayed as an original. 

72626557bb.png

Shit so funny.

It seemed a little haphazard to me.  Almost like a project someone procrastinated on then threw together at last minute. The through the rabbit hole bits were just plain weird.

I don't know how they did it, but I liked that they used GnR's music. I also liked some of the cuts between pro-shot and the not pro-shot footage. More footage would have been great though. But I did like it well enough.

I am not sure fans will ever be happy with a documentary unless it is comprehensive. It'd have to be a multi-part series of at least two hours dedicated to each part of their history. Pre-Guns, Forming of Guns and that time period, Appetite era, Creating the Illusions era and issues and triumphs, top of the world and crashing, time they were apart. Then in the future they would have to have a follow up epilogue of how they regrouped and how that regrouping went.

Then we would still be upset they didn't include things. Everyone else in the world would think we were insane and all the short little documentaries that came before were good enough regardless of how many errors were in them.

Edited by sanity_lost
  • Like 2

Funny how there were six motorcycles, but nobody interviewed Dizzy. Unless they just included Matt and Steven into the equation and left Dizzy out.

I think the part where Axl added Dizzy against the band's will might have been an interesting part. A little underplayed in GNR history.