Is the Reunion a way of Axl to get revenge?

D..

You know, through the years, Axl has always been my favorite guy.

To me, it seems that all he cares about is the vision and the project. He reminds me of Batman in a way. Remember what Batman says (I don't remember the exact episode or movie, I just remember the sentence): "They quit because when it came down to it, they didn't have the heart for the mission." (speaking of the previous Robins and Batgirl).

If we know one thing for sure, Axl certainly never wanted a reunion for a long time. He felt betrayed by Slash & the others' departure. He didn't fight for over a decade to release Chinese Democracy with a different monster band just to watch it collapse.

Now, with that revelation about how DJ Ashba left the band by himself... I can't help but really wonder... Axl is often seen as the dictator (which I'm sure he is to an extent, but in a good way, he has a true vision) who fires his fellow bandmembers.

It's pretty clear to me that, once more, he felt betrayed. Do the math: Slash & Duff left him in 1996/7. Buckethead left in 2004. Finck left in 2008/9. And now, DJ and Bumblefoot left too.

His new project/vision was destroyed to ashes.

I don't know if you get my point or can feel what this would do to somebody, but I can only understand Axl.

You know, people in general, the masses, are dead stupid. When someone gets criticized a lot, most of the time, people will not think, they'll criticize the person too.

DJ and Bumblefoot, in that regard, had the power over Axl: they were his "last chance" in a way. It was sooo easy to get the cash and leave whenever they want and leave the public feel that yet again, Demon Axl was the cause.

So really, I can only understand now why Axl decided to proceed with the Reunion Tour: it was either this or Retirement. He must be dead fed up with this bullshit over the years, no lead guitarist seems to be able to commit to his vision as much as himself (except maybe Fortus who appears not being driven by his ego).

He would have been mocked had he done nothing and call it a day with DJ & BBF departures.

I guess that right now, he just wants to prove to the people he hired and paid more than enough (plus offering them the public exposure of their life) that they were dead wrong to only think with their ego and not believing in the mission.

Really, Ashba's interview made me laugh. "Oooh you know... after 5 years in GN'R... I suddenly realized I had more fun playing my own songs, so I left..." What an opportunist. He did it for the media coverage, end of, stop the BS Ashba.

Anyway, I'm sure we will someday get a glorious Axl's Rant Batman Style: "Oklahoma... You probably wonder why you read those clumsy declarations from Ashba and Bumblefoot in the press... You know why you were given such a lot of shit to read? You've been given such a lot of shit to read, BECAUSE, when it came down to it... They didn't have the heart for the mission."

Fortus will then proceed with a Batman solo spot as Axl jumps in the audience in his bat-suit to punch the fuck out of a fan wearing an Ashba shirt.

Edited by D..

I don't think it's like a hate fuck or anything. Slash and Duff will make a lot of money if this thing survives so a better way to do it will be to never give the fans and Slash and Duff the satisfaction of a reunion.

I honestly believe it's as simple as Axl found it in his heart to forgive Slash with some help from Duff maybe and they'll give it one last shot cause Axl lost a lot of band members from new Guns, they're getting old, and it was kinda left undone with the studio material that involved the old members.

There is no good reason not to do it and Axl needed 20 years to forgive Slash.

Edited by Rovim

@Rovim: hmm I guess you miss my point.

I don't know if I'm the only one, but when you heard about the Reunion, I had this central question in my head (beside being happy that Axl & Slash healed the wounds): "Did Axl fire DJ and Bumblefoot to get to this reunion, OR, did they leave by themselves, inevitably provoking Axl's madness leading to a reunion."

Of course, it could be that it was just a big coincidence: reunion was in talks, and DJ & Bumblefoot naturally stepped aside, being humbled to have been in the band and leaving the original members come back. But I really doubt it's the case, in regards to Ashba's recent interview.

Don't know if I'm the only one feeling things like this, happy to share views with you anyway.

God, the amount of delusion amongst GNR fans about Axl is staggering. The man has no vision. Do you think the likes of DJ and Ron would've jumped ship if they believed for one second that Axl had any intention of writing and recording new material using their ideas/songs/solos etc? Of course not. They knew that Axl had no intention of using them for anything other than the occasional cash-grab tour, they stuck around hoping to be proven wrong, and they were then given their marching orders by Team Brazil when Axl figured out he may as well milk the back catalogue with the old guys for more cash. He allowed them to make it look as if they left of their own accord, because it looks better for everyone involved.

lol vision. :lol:

Edited by Towelie

God, the amount of delusion amongst GNR fans about Axl is staggering. The man has no vision. Do you think the likes of DJ and Ron would've jumped ship if they believed for one second that Axl had any intention of writing and recording new material using their ideas/songs/solos etc? Of course not. They knew that Axl had no intention of using them for anything other than the occasional cash-grab tour, they stuck around hoping to be proven wrong, and they were then given their marching orders by Team Brazil when Axl figured out he may as well milk the back catalogue with the old guys for more cash. He allowed them to make it look as if they left of their own accord, because it looks better for everyone involved.

I don't believe that for a second. The man worked 10 years on Chinese. He never released a phoned in album in his life. If anything, history shows he cares a lot about his art. So much so that I think he doesn't release many albums because he doesn't want to tarnish what Gn'R means to him. An outlet for his musical vision.

So like it or hate it, Chinese does not sound like an album from a man that doesn't have the musical focus. Even one song can prove that from Chinese. Pick any one of the big guns and it is clear he was working on a melting pot and fused 90's influences with the classic Guns sound. Better, There Was A Time, Catcher, Street Of Dreams. Top tier imo.

Edited by Rovim

I don't believe that for a second. The man worked 10 years on Chinese. He never released a phoned in album in his life. If anything, history shows he cares a lot about his art. So much so that I think he doesn't release many albums because he doesn't want to tarnish what Gn'R means to him. An outlet for his musical vision.

So like it or hate it, Chinese does not sound like an album from a man that doesn't have the musical focus. Even one song can prove that from Chinese. Pick any one of the big guns and it is clear he was working on a melting pot and fused 90's influences with the classic Guns sound. Better, There Was A Time, Catcher, Street Of Dreams. Top tier imo.

I do believe Axl gave a shit ten years ago in 2006. He hasn't given a shit about GNR and has been phoning it in for at least five years, possibly more. I suppose we should be thankful that he isn't diluting the GNR catalogue with shit material as well as shit concerts, but lets be honest here, the Axl Rose who gave a damn about GNR being an active band releasing new music left the building a long time ago and has shown no signs of returning.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

First of all, Slash and Duff have proven to be more than up to creating a vision of their own over the past twenty years. Velvet Revolver, at least Contrabad, is way better than Chinese Democracy. Duff has VR, his solo stuff, his blogs. They have proven to be quite a force. That said, neither party fully reclaimed the power that was GNR 87-93.

Axl went along with his vision and the hired Guns n Roses. He created his vision with Chinese Democracy. For better or for worse that is a true Axl Rose album. He made cash off the GNR name and plugged along with some solid touring gigs. But eventually things start to fizzle.

And then, maybe, just maybe, Axl realizes that his name and the GNR name has been diminished over the past 20 years. Then, along comes Izzy for a few shows and it goes well. Then Duff comes on board and things are cool. Then Duff gets to talking with Axl and then Slash. They all realize that their legacy is tied first and foremost to the 87-93 era. This is their chance to regain their full rock n roll glory.

They were ALL really bitter about their split from years ago. Now is the time for them to let that go and finish on top!

.............................that, and.............................the CASH ain't hurting this change of feelings either.