South Dakota passes transgender student bathroom ban bill

Facekicker

16 hours ago, axlslash said:

Aaaaaand that's where you lose me. It's not ignoring the solution, it's thinking that a separate unisex bathroom is more attainable than doing away with all gendered bathrooms. This isn't "insane degeneracy," it's pragmatic organizing. You need to make change incrementally. Start with a designated unisex bathroom to provide choice: you can use the male bathrooms, the female bathrooms, or the non-gendered bathrooms. As long as society refuses to acknowledge that gender is a fluid spectrum rather than a rigid binary, you need to simultaneously pursue unisex options while respecting society's anachronistic views.

And the argument that people will fake gender identities to get into other bathrooms is fucking insane. In fact, providing non-gendered options will eliminate the risk of that happening. So keep the strawman out of the argument.

Society itself is deranged as long as it has this much trouble accepting people for who they are and just letting them live their lives. If you feel like we need a law that says "you can't have a bathroom that you feel comfortable in," you're the deranged one.

You can't when the laws are so loosely defined. That's why the Houston "bathroom" ordinance fell flat on it's face in November. The way a lot of these proposals are set up are free for all. All you need is a mere claim that you feel like a man or woman on that day. You think pervs won't take advantage of that if we go full throttle with this policy across the whole country? Yes I understand that pervs can already go into the opposite sex's bathrooms to rape . But these proposals make it easier for them to prey. Especially if it eventually becomes the norm to the point your everyday run in the mill man walking into the bathroom (looking to cause trouble) either won't arouse suspicion or make people feel too guilty of PC bullshit discrimination to investigate further.

It may not be entirely fair that genuine trans people have to suffer the blow, but it's even less fair that the greater amount of society has to make these ludicrous accommodations for such a small portion of the population. The system we already have is the one best fit of society.

• Like 1

I think that there’s a simple reason unisex bathrooms would see a lot of opposition. Basically women also take big smelly shits that at times could endanger shipping when released into the wild but they like to pretend to men that it isn’t the case.

Now imagine you’re on a first date with a lady of the opposite sex and you both need to go to the bathroom at the same time?

One minute you’re both staring into each other’s eyes across the table under candlelight and the next you’re sitting in adjacent stalls trying your best not to pop a vein in your forehead while giving birth to Purple Aki’s twin.

Pretty good way to ruin the mood no?

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 2

Another factor that complicates this issue is when a transgender sues because of the special bathroom. There was a story a few months back where a school made a third bathroom option for transgenders and they sued because it singled them out. Along the lines of putting another water fountain in so whites could drink from one end coloreds could have their own. 

So there is a population of the transgenders that don't want a special bathroom. They want to use the boys or girls. 

Unisex bathrooms would have to be 100% stalls, right? With no urinals. Every aspect of the bathroom would have to be private. Stalls would have to be ceiling to floor and would have to have solid locks  

As the father of a daughter, I'm not comfortable with a teenage boy or with a 40 year old man being in the stall next to my 16 year old daughter. 

My friend is an attractive hairdresser and she says about once every other year she will catch a guy fondeling himself during his haircut. That's in a public place. Do we really want that guy in a bathroom with your 15 year old daughter or with your wife?

I don't have the answer or solution. But I think we need to look at the safety aspect for all people involved. 

9 hours ago, Apollo said:

Another factor that complicates this issue is when a transgender sues because of the special bathroom. There was a story a few months back where a school made a third bathroom option for transgenders and they sued because it singled them out. Along the lines of putting another water fountain in so whites could drink from one end coloreds could have their own. 

So there is a population of the transgenders that don't want a special bathroom. They want to use the boys or girls. 

Unisex bathrooms would have to be 100% stalls, right? With no urinals. Every aspect of the bathroom would have to be private. Stalls would have to be ceiling to floor and would have to have solid locks  

As the father of a daughter, I'm not comfortable with a teenage boy or with a 40 year old man being in the stall next to my 16 year old daughter. 

My friend is an attractive hairdresser and she says about once every other year she will catch a guy fondeling himself during his haircut. That's in a public place. Do we really want that guy in a bathroom with your 15 year old daughter or with your wife?

I don't have the answer or solution. But I think we need to look at the safety aspect for all people involved. 

It's certainly not an easy thing to adapt to in society these days. I can sympathize with adolescent tramsgenders feeling singled out by unisex bathrooms, though. I can see it being a problem in highschool or the work place, if you're trying to avoid drawing negative attention to your gender identity.

Not really buying the pervert thought process though. Pervs gonna perv, and I don't think we need to pro actively punish transgender people just because of the possibility of pervs taking advantage of the accomidation. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there are very convincing numbers supporting perverts using transgender accomidations for sex crimes.

I appreciate your concern for your daughter, obviously that's an important emotional factor for you in thinking about this(a factor I can not relate to). I'm not sure there's a good way to reassure that anxiety. Hopefully we can find a safe and comfortable way to accomidate trasngenders in pur society in the near future. Live and let live!

On 18/02/2016 at 11:57 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Unisex toilets? You want the feminine sex to use the same public toilets as men? Have you ever seen the gents? The whiff of urine that hits you like an avalanche as you enter; troughs - what pigs use to eat out of - bloody pigs!! Yellow sponge objects dropped into these same troughs in the vague hope that they will somehow destroy the obnoxious bacterial odour. If you enter a toilet in a more disreputable pub or a sporting venue, there are usually the obligatory empty beer cans and graffiti, ''Jimmy will give you a hand job if you dial this number'' etc etc. I do not want women to endure what men have to go through in these places! Of course the argument to that is that with unisex, the standards may ascend to the calibre of female toilets, and not descend to the male example. I suppose troughs will disappear? Well, men pee in the cistern standing up. Men pee with the seat down. Men, with multiple alcoholic beverages in their innards become very poor marksmen - any male who has been brought up in a household comprising of predominately females will recognise this argument.

Terrible idea.

You do realise that female urine and faecal matter is every bit as disgusting as men's? It's not like they produce flowers and rainbows at the end of digestion...

13 minutes ago, Graeme said:

You do realise that female urine and faecal matter is every bit as disgusting as men's? It's not like they produce flowers and rainbows at the end of digestion...

I think his point was there is piss all over the floor in some instances in a men's bathroom. I'm guessing that's not SOP in a woman's bathroom...

7 minutes ago, Axl owns dexter said:

I think his point was there is piss all over the floor in some instances in a men's bathroom. I'm guessing that's not SOP in a woman's bathroom...

Shame about toilets blocked and overflowing with jam rags. 

Women often pee over seats in public toilets as well as they like to hover above them for fear of germs and/or other ladies' piss. The thing I never understood was using an entire toilet roll to clog the toilet, kept happening and I couldn't understand why. There were also little bits of torn up toilet paper on the floor but one lady explained to me that that's because of bits getting cut up by long fingernails.

Edited by Amir

2 hours ago, Amir said:

There were also little bits of torn up toilet paper on the floor but one lady explained to me that that's because of bits getting cut up by long fingernails.

See, trans-gendered people? This is what happens! It's all fun and games until you need to unravel a loo roll with your acrylic claws.

• Like 1

It seems any change is always hard for some people to understand.

These kids aren't confused anymore. They know who they are and using the bathroom of their now gender is the right thing to do.

Why would some people right away think these people are perverts and would molest anyone? Sick!

I support anyone who wants and knows to be the person they were meant to be. A little support to get them what's fair is the least we can do.

• 2 weeks later...

If i ever felt that i was, on the inside, something different than what nature made me, y'know what, I'd be inclined to just go 'well fuck it, it's done now'.  I mean like if i wanted to be a bird, I'm never actually gonna be one, I'm just gonna become a transgendered person.  So whats the point?  Just a lot of money and a painful operation.  And also, how do you know that you like...feel like a woman?  I mean you're a geezer, aren't you, how do you know that what you're feeling is what it feels like to be a woman, i mean you don't know any better, do ya?  Bit patronising to women (and to blokes when thought about vice versa) that some bird just comes and goes 'oh well i feel like a bloke!' 'really?  hows that then?' 'well, i have this overwhelming desire to watch football and fix cars' :lol:  I just don't know what that means.  I'm not even sure that i feel like a bloke to be honest, i don't have any point of reference to know any better, i just was born as i was born and assumed this is what blokes felt like, i might feel different than every other bloke on the fuckin' planet for all i know...or care.  How do i know what i feel and what...John Barnes or Michael Parkinson or my Dad or John Wayne or Morrissey or Chris De Burgh feel is all the same thing/way?

I mean do what ya like and everything, more power to ya...but how'd you know one way or another?  Can somebody explain to me, from their point of view of their gender, what it feels like to be what they are?  

On 2 March 2016 at 1:15 AM, Dazey said:

Whatcha reckon Chris, whats it feel like to be a bloke mate?  Hows it going for ya, the ol' bloke thing? :lol:  I'm excited about the game in 45 minutes, am i like, fully fledged?  Or just a dullard that cares about 22 men punting a ball around a pitch for 90 mins, what is it, what is being a bloke, how do you define the feeling you're going through right now as well as the last 30 plus years?

On 13/03/2016 at 0:47 PM, Len B'stard said:

If i ever felt that i was, on the inside, something different than what nature made me, y'know what, I'd be inclined to just go 'well fuck it, it's done now'.  I mean like if i wanted to be a bird, I'm never actually gonna be one, I'm just gonna become a transgendered person.  So whats the point?  Just a lot of money and a painful operation.  And also, how do you know that you like...feel like a woman?  I mean you're a geezer, aren't you, how do you know that what you're feeling is what it feels like to be a woman, i mean you don't know any better, do ya?  Bit patronising to women (and to blokes when thought about vice versa) that some bird just comes and goes 'oh well i feel like a bloke!' 'really?  hows that then?' 'well, i have this overwhelming desire to watch football and fix cars' :lol:  I just don't know what that means.  I'm not even sure that i feel like a bloke to be honest, i don't have any point of reference to know any better, i just was born as i was born and assumed this is what blokes felt like, i might feel different than every other bloke on the fuckin' planet for all i know...or care.  How do i know what i feel and what...John Barnes or Michael Parkinson or my Dad or John Wayne or Morrissey or Chris De Burgh feel is all the same thing/way?

I mean do what ya like and everything, more power to ya...but how'd you know one way or another?  Can somebody explain to me, from their point of view of their gender, what it feels like to be what they are?  

Whatcha reckon Chris, whats it feel like to be a bloke mate?  Hows it going for ya, the ol' bloke thing? :lol:  I'm excited about the game in 45 minutes, am i like, fully fledged?  Or just a dullard that cares about 22 men punting a ball around a pitch for 90 mins, what is it, what is being a bloke, how do you define the feeling you're going through right now as well as the last 30 plus years?

You have this amazing way of expressing really insightful and complicated ideas in really simple language sometimes.