Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

On 2/25/2016 at 3:25 PM, -W.A.R- said:

On 2/25/2016 at 3:23 PM, Slash787 said:

WTF

22 minutes ago, downliner said:

Make sure you check out the extended jam version on iTunes ;) Also to everyone still reading this thread........

A lot of people have been messaging me asking for more proof, but all I can do is provide you some links to my years of being first to announce a lot of Izzy news for ~10 years. This really is the only thing I can do I'm afraid :shrugs:

I don't work for Izzy, nor do I represent Izzy, I'm just a fan like everyone else. All I know about the situation is everything I have already said previously on the open forum, but hopefully this will show at least some of the newer members that I do have a track record as far as Izzy news is concerned :) I love Izzys solo albums and all I wanna do is help promote it in any little way that I can. I have no reason to suddenly start bullshitting fans considering how cool Izzy has been with myself and the fans over the years.....

- "Like A Dog" pre-release samples and artwork. In this Rolling Stone article the site credited was "izzy-stradlin.com" but that was my old domain name.
- "Miami" pre-release samples and artwork from Izzy, and a full band interview  - Article on Blabbermouth confirming it was all done at my fansite chopaway.com
- "Fire, the acoustic album" pre-release samples and artwork from Izzy - The mp3 samples link no longer works but you can see it was being linked to from another websites article here.
- Unreleased mp3 "FSO Ragga" free to fans from Izzy - Source article confirming mp3 was offered through my site first.
- Various unreleased photos spanning early GNR days, Ju Ju Hounds days, Izzy with Keef, Izzy backstage at Guns '06 - all from Izzy.
- Izzys artwork and paintings. Proof available for these and the above mentioned photos at archive.org website
- 2 email Q&A's with Izzy - Here's a link to one of them from the archive website.
- chopaway.com mentioned in press release from Ocean Way Studios re: Baby Rann music video.
- Various little updates here and there, usually shooting down rumors, too many to recall them all.

Also if you think it is frustrating for you imagine being me! lol I am currently the only person who has been able to verify that it is Izzy, at least publically, and the longer it takes him to verify the more people look to me for answers that I don't have :question: 

I know it doesn't mean much but all I can do is promise you that it is Izzy and he's apparently having a bit of fun with the fans, all the while I'm getting closer to a panic attack that he may decide to just delete his Twitter and leave me to deal with the fallout at mygnr :popcorn::lol:

Cheers all

Will (downliner/chopaway)

On 2/25/2016 at 3:08 PM, Billsfan said:

When I do this, they do that. When I do this, they do that....hey, this is fun!

15 minutes ago, KinseyHolley said:

When I do this, they do that. When I do this, they do that....hey, this is fun!

when you quote use the "+" then click the pop up on the right instead of "quote"

i think that clears previous post quoted

Edited by -W.A.R-

6 hours ago, Kill_YourIdols said:

That's basically worthless considering verified status has been given to fake accounts in the past. Nice name btw.

Worthless? Twitter is a worthless non-serious company and all the celebrities using their verified accounts are fake profiles, just because Izzy Stradlin couldn't get his so far? 

O-K.

Can you name a handful of fake accounts that were given verified status? If you read the link I posted, Twitter says they have removed the badge from accounts that were violating their TOS. 

They know there can be fake people trying to get a badge, but it is not the norm to verify fake profiles.

19 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Worthless? Twitter is a worthless non-serious company and all the celebrities using their verified accounts are fake profiles, just because Izzy Stradlin couldn't get his so far? 

O-K.

Can you name a handful of fake accounts that were given verified status? If you read the link I posted, Twitter says they have removed the badge from accounts that were violating their TOS. 

They know there can be fake people trying to get a badge, but it is not the norm to verify fake profiles.

You got me all wrong, I wasn't implying that all celebrities on Twitter are fakes or that it's the norm to verify fake accounts , I'm just saying it's happened before (and with someone claiming to be Izzy no less) and thus a verified account is not definitive proof. For the record, I'm on the fence on what to believe in this particular instance but I'm leaning more towards believing in downliner.

1 minute ago, Kill_YourIdols said:

You got me all wrong, I wasn't implying that all celebrities on Twitter are fakes or that it's the norm to verify fake accounts , I'm just saying it's happened before (and with someone claiming to be Izzy no less) and thus a verified account is not definitive proof. For the record, I'm on the fence on what to believe in this particular instance but I'm leaning more towards believing in downliner.

I'll say it again. I lurked on Chopaway and I still lurk on the Shuffle It All board and I was looking at the French guy's (RIP) Unleash The Hounds site WAY the hell back when, and Will is trustworthy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

its not your fault the quote function is all jacked up on here

im not even sure if my way is fool proof...i just tried it and it seemed to work

It is kinda hacked. Hit + then hit the quote cloud then scroll to the bottom and type your reply. I'm on a phone  but I think it's the same on a computer.

7 minutes ago, KinseyHolley said:

I'll say it again. I lurked on Chopaway and I still lurk on the Shuffle It All board and I was looking at the French guy's (RIP) Unleash The Hounds site WAY the hell back when, and Will is trustworthy.

Yeah I know he's trustworthy, I too lurked a bit on Chopaway way the fuck back when and remember it as the number one source for anything Izzy related, I just think something feels a bit odd beyond just a guy in his fifties being akward on Twitter, though I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be just that.

17 minutes ago, Kill_YourIdols said:

I've been on Twitter for AGES since I'm an early adopter with most new technologies, following all GNR members (old and new) without any problems and I never heard of his verified Twitter account turning out not to be him. Are you sure that really happened or was it someone even faking the badge? Some people have used a fake image of the badge to make others believe they were verified and in that case, Twitter had nothing to do with it.

if you had read the link I shared before you'd know Twitter doesn't give away their badge that easily and that getting a verified account also gives you options other users don't have. They will not be giving this for free to people who can't prove they are who they say they are so I'm really doubting the so-called case of a fake Izzy Stradlin with a verified account unless someone show me proof this really happened. 

As for downliner, I don't know who he is just like most people in this forum and the whole Internet, just like most people here don't know who I am, so my position in this case is that I trust the vast experience I have in social media and even though I'm not totally discarding this could be the real Izzy, right now I just can't believe it. 

As I said before, there are established ways to prove who you are on the Internet and if he wants to participate in this crazy world of social media he will have to abide by the rules. If he doesn't, he will really have a bad time trying to convince people who will never believe him unless he goes total exposure, which I think it is all the contrary to the way Izzy has behaved for decades since he became famous.

3 hours ago, pacu44 said:
Here comes the weather,
Here comes the water,
Here comes the ocean,
All together.
Here comes the damage,
Here comes the victims,
Here comes a brand new broken system.

So now my world keeps on turning round,
Sometimes it seems, we are upside down.

Here come the captives,
Here come the lawyers,
Here come the verdicts,
And he ain't walkin'.

Here come the students,
Here come the police,
Here come the riots,
There ain't no peace.

So now my world keeps turning round,

Here come the groovers,
Here come the shakers,
Here comes the low-end,
Ganja bakers.

Here come the diehards,
Here come the hackers,
Here come the guilty,
Wearing shackles.

Sometimes it seems, we are upside down

Thanks so much for posting this song

i have basically forgotten all about this one

This song has such groove and rhythm, its like it has izzys name written all over it

little things that few people notice or talk about is the izzy vocal melodies "placement"

i mean the way the singer "places" the vocal melody lines in the song

i know nothing about music theory so i cant explain this

but its really clear that izzy, most likely instinctively, has a knack for doing this

id love to have a music expert dissect this song (and specially GnR songs) about the vocal melodies "placement" in the song

very few people can do this shit in such a fuckin nice way as Izzy does

Axl Rose is one of the few

• Like 1

2 hours ago, downliner said:

Make sure you check out the extended jam version on iTunes ;) Also to everyone still reading this thread........

A lot of people have been messaging me asking for more proof, but all I can do is provide you some links to my years of being first to announce a lot of Izzy news for ~10 years. This really is the only thing I can do I'm afraid :shrugs:

I don't work for Izzy, nor do I represent Izzy, I'm just a fan like everyone else. All I know about the situation is everything I have already said previously on the open forum, but hopefully this will show at least some of the newer members that I do have a track record as far as Izzy news is concerned :) I love Izzys solo albums and all I wanna do is help promote it in any little way that I can. I have no reason to suddenly start bullshitting fans considering how cool Izzy has been with myself and the fans over the years.....

- "Like A Dog" pre-release samples and artwork. In this Rolling Stone article the site credited was "izzy-stradlin.com" but that was my old domain name.
- "Miami" pre-release samples and artwork from Izzy, and a full band interview  - Article on Blabbermouth confirming it was all done at my fansite chopaway.com
- "Fire, the acoustic album" pre-release samples and artwork from Izzy - The mp3 samples link no longer works but you can see it was being linked to from another websites article here.
- Unreleased mp3 "FSO Ragga" free to fans from Izzy - Source article confirming mp3 was offered through my site first.
- Various unreleased photos spanning early GNR days, Ju Ju Hounds days, Izzy with Keef, Izzy backstage at Guns '06 - all from Izzy.
- Izzys artwork and paintings. Proof available for these and the above mentioned photos at archive.org website
- 2 email Q&A's with Izzy - Here's a link to one of them from the archive website.
- chopaway.com mentioned in press release from Ocean Way Studios re: Baby Rann music video.
- Various little updates here and there, usually shooting down rumors, too many to recall them all.

Also if you think it is frustrating for you imagine being me! lol I am currently the only person who has been able to verify that it is Izzy, at least publically, and the longer it takes him to verify the more people look to me for answers that I don't have :question: 

I know it doesn't mean much but all I can do is promise you that it is Izzy and he's apparently having a bit of fun with the fans, all the while I'm getting closer to a panic attack that he may decide to just delete his Twitter and leave me to deal with the fallout at mygnr :popcorn::lol:

Cheers all

It's good that he's having fun with it. 

One thing we don't really know about, is his history with Paul Tobias and if they're good friends and keep in touch, what Izzy thought about Paul joining GNR, why Slash didn't like Paul, etc. 

Izzy has a pretty big backlog of songs but he never wants to do shows, what's holding him back?

30 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I've been on Twitter for AGES since I'm an early adopter with most new technologies, following all GNR members (old and new) without any problems and I never heard of his verified Twitter account turning out not to be him. Are you sure that really happened or was it someone even faking the badge? Some people have used a fake image of the badge to make others believe they were verified and in that case, Twitter had nothing to do with it.

if you had read the link I shared before you'd know Twitter doesn't give away their badge that easily and that getting a verified account also gives you options other users don't have. They will not be giving this for free to people who can't prove they are who they say they are so I'm really doubting the so-called case of a fake Izzy Stradlin with a verified account unless someone show me proof this really happened. 

As for downliner, I don't know who he is just like most people in this forum and the whole Internet, just like most people here don't know who I am, so my position in this case is that I trust the vast experience I have in social media and even though I'm not totally discarding this could be the real Izzy, right now I just can't believe it. 

As I said before, there are established ways to prove who you are on the Internet and if he wants to participate in this crazy world of social media he will have to abide by the rules. If he doesn't, he will really have a bad time trying to convince people who will never believe him unless he goes total exposure, which I think it is all the contrary to the way Izzy has behaved for decades since he became famous.

We're just arguing semantics here I know Twitter doesn't just give verified status to anyone all I'm saying is they've been fooled before.

As for the verified fake Izzy I don't remember if it was someone faking a badge and I honestly can't be bothered to look up the whole thing but lurk around a bit I'm sure you can find out more about this by using the search function, I found these comments from 2012 mentioning the verified Izzy account and Bumblefoot wishing him a happy birthday relatively quickly:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/157169-axl-gnr-members-social-media-update-discussion/&page=128#comment-3053487

Did FAKE verified Izzy have verification of Will and a phone call attached to him?  I don't see the comparison to be honest.

You guys are discussing how twitter can be fooled and that may be true but with the other things it simply isn't the case here.

13 minutes ago, Kill_YourIdols said:

We're just arguing semantics here I know Twitter doesn't just give verified status to anyone all I'm saying is they've been fooled before.

As for the verified fake Izzy I don't remember if it was someone faking a badge and I honestly can't be bothered to look up the whole thing but lurk around a bit I'm sure you can find out more about this by using the search function, I found these comments from 2012 mentioning the verified Izzy account and Bumblefoot wishing him a happy birthday relatively quickly:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/157169-axl-gnr-members-social-media-update-discussion/&page=128#comment-3053487

Ok, I know they've been fooled before but when it happened it was all over the news and fake accounts were debunked pretty quickly. I did a search on Google and all I found were posts from this board and others saying he had a verified account but none of those posts and results show screenshots of the supposed badge and tweets from the account. There aren't media reports on it either, like when it happened to other celebrities, so I really don't know what's up with that but it is getting odd that Izzy is having so much trouble with his verification on Twitter.

At this point and after reading him beg to other people show proof of his identity, I'm becoming worried about what is going on with all this. It feels like he has terminated his relationship with everyone in Guns N' Roses and he's desperate to get some credibility but he can't use his ties to GNR or any of its members because they are all probably pretty upset he's "violated" the grave silence behind the reunion shows. 

I smell something really bad is happening here, otherwise it is totally ridiculous this man can't prove who he is on social media for days now and even the Rolling Stone journalist can't get a hold of him after he provided emails and phone numbers.

This is not a matter being a social media inept who can't open a Twitter account in the right way. This must be some legal trouble he got in for saying things he's not supposed to do or taking his rage to social networks. 

So facts...

Real Izzy case: an extremely reliable source that is a huge Izzy fan has jumped through hoops to prove this is real Izzy, sadly none of the proof can be tangible for us.

Fake Izzy case: decades of silence, Izzy gets a Twitter to talk GNR, and prove he's real Izzy just so people believe he won't be at a show that's a month away. I would say "oh that's typical Izzy" but we don't know anything about Izzy except this behavior contradicts his actions for years. 

Both sides are being reasonable. This doesn't add up, but a source is a source, and when it comes to Izzy there aren't many. 

Im still leaning fake. Something is very wrong here. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, downliner said:

Cheers all

Sorry I won't believe you despite this extensive and detailed track record because I'm holding out for a personalised video from Izzy letting me know that it's really him. Thanks for all your effort though. I'm not doubting your credibility or anything, it's just that Izzy isn't acting like the person I would like him to be on Twitter.

• Like 3