Will we see a riot?

if a show gets cancelled? if axl storms off early? or do you think that the chances of any of those things happening are slim to none?

personally im not sure if slash or duff would have agreed to the shows if axl hadnt cut down on the antics these past few years... he actually stopped altogether from what i remember... makes me wonder if its because he wanted to show the other guys he was able to

Edited by Hollywood Gunner

2 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

No. People paid lots of money for these tickets. Most of us are too old for a riot. Also,many of the people there will be Vegas high rollers who get comp tickets,they are there to see WTTJ and SCOM,not to be involved in a riot.

wasnt talking vegas... more like the 20th show of the tour... depending on how hostile things are in any given city i still think things could erupt under the right circumstances 

1 minute ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

wasnt talking vegas... more like the 20th show of the tour... depending on how hostile things are in any given city i still think things could erupt under the right circumstances 

Still,no. Also,this won't happen because even though we aren't privy to the contracts you'd have to imagine that Axl will have the shit sued out of him if he just decided not to perform. Again,GNR is now a legacy act. The kids who were in College when AFD came out are headed for the AARP. They have real life issues to deal with,not riots at GNR shows.

6 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Still,no. Also,this won't happen because even though we aren't privy to the contracts you'd have to imagine that Axl will have the shit sued out of him if he just decided not to perform. Again,GNR is now a legacy act. The kids who were in College when AFD came out are headed for the AARP. They have real life issues to deal with,not riots at GNR shows.

idk bout colleges were you live but 3 years ago college kids in montreal had these real life issues... and we all know montreal loves a good riot lol

i guess the same could be said about some south american cities too

18 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

No. People paid lots of money for these tickets. Most of us are too old for a riot. Also,many of the people there will be Vegas high rollers who get comp tickets,they are there to see WTTJ and SCOM,not to be involved in a riot.

Yeah I agree, the fan demographic is different these days

6 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

idk bout colleges were you live but 3 years ago college kids in montreal had these real life issues... and we all know montreal loves a good riot lol

i guess the same could be said about some south american cities too

If a GN'R sold out show is cancelled during the show in a Southamerican city, Axl better have a helicopter waiting for him next to stage or he won't make it alive!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

If a GN'R sold out show is cancelled during the show in a Southamerican city, Axl better have a helicopter waiting for him next to stage or he won't make it alive!

i agree lol and dont get me wrong... im with you guys when you say that rioting is immature bullshit and we're too old for that but tell that to a crowd of 50k alcohol fueled pissed off folk

part of me is even wondering if axl wont just do it to see if hes still got it... or just because he can

1 minute ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

i agree lol and dont get me wrong... im with you guys when you say that rioting is immature bullshit and we're too old for that but tell that to a crowd of 50k alcohol fueled pissed off folk

part of me is even wondering if axl wont just do it to see if hes still got it... or just because he can

well, he did it to the Ireland crowd in 2010, didn't he? Those people were sooo upset, omg!

In Southamerica, crowd will not get mad at him for coming out late because people are used to going out late and spending a whole night out partying.

BUT if he throws a tantrum and ends show just because he can, then yes, a huge riot would ensue in Brazil or Argentina stadiums.

We are all older now including Axl. The past 10 yrs Axl had actually been pretty reliable.  Let's hope that continues and this whole thing goes smoothly and that the performances are great.  This would help ensure the legacy of the band.  

1 hour ago, Kasanova King said:

I was in the Philly riot of 2002.  I was on the floor with 3 hot chicks....and rumor was that Axl was still in NY watching a Knicks game.,,,chairs started flyin'.....I grabbed my gals and headed for the exits....met the girl I would spend the next 2 years of my life with......crazy times....ended up moving 1000 miles away from home with her and I'm still here (without her) to this day.  If he showed up I would have just had a foursome with them (that's what we were planning....yeah....I used to be the man...lol....) and I probably wouldn't of ended up with her....or in Florida.....

Cool story. Now your username makes some sense :D 

• Like 1

The first, world's upwardly economic high-flying rioters? Should be a laugh to see haha! ''This VIP deal came with a signed laminate I have you know; I will take my protest visibly to the street''

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

The thing is about the original riots, it was people who had wasted £20 pocket money who were stranded in city centres and thought ''Axl was a wanker'. Now it would be people annoyed at spending $2000, stranded five minutes from their luxury hotel, still thinking ''Axl is a wanker'' (yip, that bit will be unchanged). All you have to do if Rose does not show is, go back to the Tangiers, shoot some craps and ask for a penis massage and champagne.

• Like 1