Signed Drumhead to be Auctioned Off For Flint, MI Benefit

So well the lineup has been confirmed.

I got no problem with Fortus, but I want this to sound like the old GNR and not the NuGNR, I don't want Fortus to play NR Solo or KOHD or YCBM. I just want Fortus to play what Izzy and Gilby did. 

No dividing of solo's, he should just stick to Rhythm. I hope Pitman is far from this. I do hope to see Steven and Matt for a few shows. 

Not seeing Izzy and Stevens name up there is kinda hurting me cause really they deserve to be up there. 

Edited by Slash787
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I got no problem with Fortus, but I want this to sound like the old GNR and not the NuGNR, I don't want Fortus to play NR Solo or KOHD or YCBM. I just want Fortus to play what Izzy and Gilby did. 

No dividing of solo's, he should just stick to Rhythm. I hope Pitman is far from this. I do hope to see Steven and Matt for a few shows. 

Seeing Izzy and Stevens name up there is kinda hurting me cause really they deserve to be up there. 

I honestly doubt that Richard is going to play any of Slashs solos when Slash is there. Maybe if they play some CD songs he will play the solo, but thats ok with me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Seeing Izzy and Stevens name up there is kinda hurting me cause really they deserve to be up there. 

I'm you on all of that.

The first thing my Buddy at work said when I walked in this morning was, "So Fortus and Ferrer huh?".  We talked for a minute and he said "I'm checking out, I am sure there will be a DVD".  His reason was "No Izzy".. I tried to play a different role than I usally do in these forums and asked "well what if Izzy just didn't want to do it?' Which he replied.. "Doesn't matter, I'm all set"

That's a true story, that ain't no lie...

22 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

The first thing my Buddy at work said when I walked in this morning was, "So Fortus and Ferrer huh?".  We talked for a minute and he said "I'm checking out, I am sure there will be a DVD".  His reason was "No Izzy".. I tried to play a different role than I usally do in these forums and asked "well what if Izzy just didn't want to do it?' Which he replied.. "Doesn't matter, I'm all set"

This is almost exactly the same thing a buddy of mine said when the "regrouping" was originally announced.

31 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I have a feeling we're going to see Izzy at some point....hopefully in Vegas but if not, I'm sure he'll be involved eventually.  I think between his twitter, petition, media, etc enough noise has been generated that they know fans want to see him.....I guess time will tell....

Pitman gone seems to be all but confirmed now. After what a douchebag he was, I say good riddance. He never bothered me all that much because he's barely noticeable live, but he's absolutely not needed. His ever-pleasant personality sealed the deal for me. Another plus is it's nice to be back to the two guitar line-up and no second keyboardist. Slightly modified UYI line-up. I'll take it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Pitman gone seems to be all but confirmed now. After what a douchebag he was, I say good riddance. He never bothered me all that much because he's barely noticeable live, but he's absolutely not needed. His ever-pleasant personality sealed the deal for me. Another plus is it's nice to be back to the two guitar line-up and no second keyboardist. Slightly modified UYI line-up. I'll take it.

Pittman gone and two guitarists definitely brings it closer to the Gn'R spirit which is great.

Still not a fan of the other two (Frank and Fortus) and they have a lot to prove. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Pittman gone and two guitarists definitely brings it closer to the Gn'R spirit which is great.

Still not a fan of the other two (Frank and Fortus) and they have a lot to prove. 

I'd also add that it's much better for the GNR image to be back down to six guys. Most people outside of these forums thought it had become quite a circus. The extra guitarist and keyboardist was definitely a clear distinction between the old and new Guns so now I'm glad they've gone for more of a classic Guns feel with both the imagery and line-up.

If we get any band photos at least Fortus looks like Izzy, so there's that too. :lol:

Izzy doesn't want to tour, so someone has to play the part.  Fortus is fine to fill in, just like Gilby back in the day.  Steven Adler is out because he has proven to be unreliable.  It is a damn shame though because his drumming FITS this band better than anyone.

7 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Most people outside of these forums thought it had become quite a circus. 

Hell, most people in these forums thought it had too ;)

Just now, BadApples87 said:

Izzy doesn't want to tour, so someone has to play the part. 

Do you have the inside scoop?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

Izzy will probably do a guest appearance here and there, maybe, but that is about it.  Disappointing, but at least I saw him in the band back in the day.

The first time I saw them was the first show without Izzy :/

I didn't have much of an opinion one way or the other about Pitman, until I saw that video where he was being interviewed by some foreign tart and was acting all aloof about GNR making new albums, as if he really had any say or control over that whatsoever. He came across as an arrogant prick in that interview and hasn't come across that well in his recent Twitter/FB outburst either, so good fucking riddance you loser.

Edited by Towelie

1 hour ago, axlslash said:

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

As funny as it may seem that pretty much would be confirmation..

Is that really his official facebook page? There's another Frank Ferrer facebook page that is official, this one isn't. So I doubt thats him posting that.

2 minutes ago, Harry Sunrise said:

Is that really his official facebook page? There's another Frank Ferrer facebook page that is official, this one isn't. So I doubt thats him posting that.

I didn't see which one that was. The Facebook page I know that's official is the one you have to "Like" with a blue check mark next to it. So if this isn't the page then that's not it. We already got confirmation anyways so it doesn't matter at this point..

I hope someone digs up a photo of Pitman playing a keytar. 

As far as the signed drum head, hopefully this is a good sign they'll all be signing more stuff together for fans, esp. the ones who got the ridiculously priced VIP packages. 

Edited by dalsh327

Zero need for Pittman. I'm sure Izzy and Steven will play in some shows. Maybe as soon as Vegas. I'd be surprised if by the end of these shows we don't see either one. More confident we"ll see Steven for one or more of these first 6 shows. 

9 minutes ago, Harry Sunrise said:

That's his personal Facebook profile, so I guess it would make it official somehow ...

• Like 1