Signed Drumhead to be Auctioned Off For Flint, MI Benefit

44 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Fortus and Ferrer have been playing together for 20 years now it can't be better than that. Plus Slash asked Fortus to rejoin his band one time, so we could probably see the best line up to date. 

Have Slash & Fortus ever played together? Didn't know they had even met

I dont think its something to laugh about.

De have to put our LOVE AND WORSHIP for some of the gunners and be objective about it

Lets just cut the BS.

Fortus is by very far waaay better guitar player than izzy., and fortus live performance, well, that dude is even better on it. ( fortus is really a DELUXE guy to be on rythm guitar with almost any band in the world. The guy is really talented and reliable)

Ok , ferrer perhaps is not as perfect as sorum, but its a much better drumer than adler ( wich is the drumer most of u are asking for)

Plus both ( ferrer and fortus) have a huuuge tank of stamina and a highly prooved performance/acknowledgement of gnr material.

If we did gave a chance ( and the use your illusion world tour was a huge succes ) to gilby and sorum, is kind of dumb and spoiled not doing the same for ferrer and fortus ( plus ferrer and fortus already got a solid chemistry going on.. Clark and sorum arrived separatedly to the band and needed some time to fit in)

Plus, sometime during the tour we're gonna get some adler and stradlin for a few songs.

So come on. Stop complaining and be geatfull that this is happening.  Music history is about to get some new gold pages.

CELEBRATION TIME PEOPLE!!!

peace

SEPTEM

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SEPTEM said:

De have to put our LOVE AND WORSHIP for some of the gunners and be objective about it

Lets just cut the BS.

Fortus is by very far waaay better guitar player than izzy., and fortus live performance, well, that dude is even better on it. ( fortus is really a DELUXE guy to be on rythm guitar with almost any band in the world. The guy is really talented and reliable)

Ok , ferrer perhaps is not as perfect as sorum, but its a much better drumer than adler ( wich is the drumer most of u are asking for)

Plus both ( ferrer and fortus) have a huuuge tank of stamina and a highly prooved performance/acknowledgement of gnr material.

If we did gave a chance ( and the use your illusion world tour was a huge succes ) to gilby and sorum, is kind of dumb and spoiled not doing the same for ferrer and fortus ( plus ferrer and fortus already got a solid chemistry going on.. Clark and sorum arrived separatedly to the band and needed some time to fit in)

Plus, sometime during the tour we're gonna get some adler and stradlin for a few songs.

So come on. Stop complaining and be geatfull that this is happening.  Music history is about to get some new gold pages.

peace

SEPTEM

He's laughing bc it's a joke to say the current lineup is the "best lineup ever".

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SEPTEM said:

Lets just cut the BS.

peace

SEPTEM

He's laughing bc it's a joke to say the current lineup is the "best lineup ever".

I dont know about that.. If axl and slash are in good shape its not a crazy thoght to say that.

Personally,  im a huge sorum fan, for me is the perfect drumer, and he in fact helped to make gnr even bigger.  But one thing is my taste and a very diferent thing is the things weve been talking and ferrer rol on gnr.

Guys..with all due respect. Youre leting your fanatism get in the way of a decent and honest judgement.

Its disrespectfull not to admit how great live musicians fortus and frank are.

A fu...n hate the nr solo by fortus , but lets try to keep this thing real. Fortus is an awesome guitar player and extra qualifyed for a second/rythm guitar player.

And ferrer its by far better drumer than adler. (  thank god adler didnt played illusions songs like nr, coma or estranged.) 

I think ferrer is somwhere in between of sorum and adler. And i think thats a pretty nice deal for gnr 

That being said, i repeat, were gonna have some of  adler and izzy at some point. So please lets just be suportive.

Otherwise some people are risking to make a HUGE MISTAKE if gnr delivers the way i think theyre gonna.. ( like those axl/slash haters who said this was never gonna happen, and blablabla.. Right now most of those are happy or hide ....... or BITCHING )

14 hours ago, oachs83 said:

You could even say after Farm Aid 1990 not 93. It reminds when people like Jimi or Joplin die so young they are put on a higher pedestal than others because they didn't slowly die and come out with way to many records as they live out to be 80. Instead they die in their prime and are talked how great they are because that's all we have is prime music from them. It's like Adler he was cut early during their heightened fame so people get hung up on that. Would I like Adler back, yes but he might not be back and technically Ferrer has been in the band twice as long as Adler. 

Ferrer plays fine. He plays a hell of a lot better than any drummer under slashs solo act. Axls ownership or not it was guns n roses, and I could care less if he got in line with axl and doesn't complain that the band goes on 3 hours late. That was then. This is now. Everybody is different but to act like this thing will suck if Frank ferrer is a part of this over Matt freaking sorum.. Some people need to get a grip. 

4 hours ago, NOVEMBER COMA said:

Have Slash & Fortus ever played together? Didn't know they had even met

Oh they've met. And slash has been begging for fortus. Believe that

• Like 1

I understand everyone wanting to see the original 5 with Izzy and Adler but come on this is easily the best lineup since the Use Your Illusion era.

We have Slash, Axl and Duff back together playing and making music for the first time since what...1995?

Even though Richard and Frank weren't my first choices for this tour I think this lineup will kick ass, they are going to sound tight live and just imagine a studio album from these 5 guys.

:headbang::headbang:

• Like 2

Just now, PsychoKiss344 said:

I understand everyone wanting to see the original 5 with Izzy and Adler but come on this is easily the best lineup since the Use Your Illusion era.

We have Slash, Axl and Duff back together playing and making music for the first time since what...1995?

Even though Richard and Frank weren't my first choices for this tour I think this lineup will kick ass, they are going to sound tight live and just imagine a studio album from these 5 guys.

:headbang::headbang:

Amen to that :headbang:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Ferrer plays fine. He plays a hell of a lot better than any drummer under slashs solo act.

That is just not True.. Brent Frent Fitz does awesome on the Guns tunes and his style of play fits the GnR mold to a tee.. He actually knows how to play Brownstone, YCBM and Rocket Queen.

7 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

this is easily the best lineup since the Use Your Illusion era.

It certainly is but that is setting the standards low.. The Hall Of Fame Line Up is better than any line up since then and possibly this one too depending what Axl shows up looking and sounding like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

That is just not True.. Brent Frent Fitz does awesome on the Guns tunes and his style of play fits the GnR mold to a tee.. He actually knows how to play Brownstone, YCBM and Rocket Queen.

I disagree. I think Frank lays into the drums with a proper groove

9 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Ferrer plays fine. He plays a hell of a lot better than any drummer under slashs solo act.

Haha, that's funny. Brent plays Appetite songs better than Frank and Matt combined, he does 100% justice to those songs. He has the Adler's groove which is necessary if u want to play GNR properly. You have no sense of hearing if you claim that Frank has "proper groove". The way he plays Mr. Brownstone and YCBM is f*cking disgraceful.

• Like 2

To get off the line up topic...

$7500 is insane. I wish I had the kind of money you would need to have to be able to blow it on something like that.

It does make sense to put a high reserve on, though, it as you could probably get a lot more for it on an internet auction than you could from people showing up at a benefit. At least the cash would go to a potentially good cause.

I'm sorry, but something doesn't feel right on this drumhead "auction"...

I'd love to hear from someone at the "event" that saw this thing.  And how exactly did the original photo get "leaked" and turn almost INSTANTLY into a lineup confirmation?!

And now, this guy Mitch Lafon has it?!  A journalist/podcast host/radio industry/insider?!

Think about it.   I have been.  You should too.

3 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

Haha, that's funny. Brent plays Appetite songs better than Frank and Matt combined, he does 100% justice to those songs. He has the Adler's groove which is necessary if u want to play GNR properly. You have no sense of hearing if you claim that Frank has "proper groove". The way he plays Mr. Brownstone and YCBM is f*cking disgraceful.

Pretty sure you just don't like him because he was in GNR when axl single handedly ran the show. Obviously if slash and duff didn't feel he was good enough he probably wouldn't be there

14 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Pretty sure you just don't like him because he was in GNR when axl single handedly ran the show. Obviously if slash and duff didn't feel he was good enough he probably wouldn't be there

He's just a terrible drummer for GNR, could've worked in a soul/jazz band, not hard rock band.

4 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

He's just a terrible drummer for GNR, could've worked in a soul/jazz band, not hard rock band.

Seriously.. It has nothing to do with when he was in the band... His twist on the songs just sucks.. I'd take Brain over him every day of the week and he was in NuGuns.. People have given plenty of examples of songs that they don't like him on... We just don't like him way of playing the songs.. It isn't because he is a NuGun...

18 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Seriously.. It has nothing to do with when he was in the band... His twist on the songs just sucks.. I'd take Brain over him every day of the week and he was in NuGuns.. People have given plenty of examples of songs that they don't like him on... We just don't like him way of playing the songs.. It isn't because he is a NuGun...

Depends on perspective. It's like hating fortus and wanting gilby instead. Fortus can play circles around gilby and the only show boater I remember from the nuguns was dj. 

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

Depends on perspective. It's like hating fortus and wanting gilby instead. Fortus can play circles around gilby and the only show boater I remember from the nuguns was dj. 

Perspective?  Can you honestly tell me when Frank plays AFD songs, they sound the way they souneded when recorded?  Honestly?

I haven't heard one person say they do.  There is no perspective needed other than an honest ear.  Frank is a very solid and talented drummer, no one is saying he isn't.  

But, what we want is for the songs to sound the way they were freaking recorded and in that sense no one can do that other than Adler, but there are better options than what I've heard from the way Frank plays them.