Spielberg and Ford Reunite For Indiana Jones 5

Zeppelin

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/spielberg-and-ford-reunite-as-indiana-jones-returns-to-theaters-july-19-2019/

Indiana Jones will return to the big screen on July 19, 2019, for a fifth epic adventure in the blockbuster series. Steven Spielberg, who directed all four previous films, will helm the as-yet-untitled project with star Harrison Ford reprising his iconic role. Franchise veterans Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall will produce.

“Indiana Jones is one of the greatest heroes in cinematic history, and we can’t wait to bring him back to the screen in 2019,” said Alan Horn, Chairman, The Walt Disney Studios. “It’s rare to have such a perfect combination of director, producers, actor and role, and we couldn’t be more excited to embark on this adventure with Harrison and Steven.”

Famed archaeologist and explorer Indiana Jones was introduced in 1981’s Raiders of the Lost Ark – one of AFI’s 100 Greatest American Films of All Time – and later thrilled audiences in 1984’s Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, 1989’s Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and 2008’s Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. The four films have brought in nearly $2 billion at the global box office.

Kinda figured this was coming. Thoughts?

Edited by Zeppelin

moreover, spielberg is a racist. the non-american characters in his movies are almost always portrayed negatively or with condedescendence.

in back to the future, which was produced by spielberg, some terrorists from libya try to kill doc, i'm ready to bet it was spielberg's idea... his movies are full with this kind of negative vibe against other cultures.

Edited by supercool

just found this with google's help:

Steven Spielberg’s Indiana Jones film series is about as racist as film gets. What was masked somewhat with adventure in the first couple films of the series becomes jaw-dropping & bold-faced as the series progresses. “Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom” about India should be considered a classic of racism & studied for its malignancy--& its banality too. It’s the action-packed version of the ‘white people save brown & black people’ genre. Spielberg’s films offer more respectful treatment of extraterrestrials & extinct dinosaurs than other human beings on this planet.

If Spielberg was attempting to portray Indian oligarchs, his depiction would be dead on; but instead he portrays ordinary Indian people (in reality politically combative & creative) either sentimentally or as incompetent & servile, in the old stereotype of Asiatic toadyism before authority. Spielberg is of the generation that went through the US Civil Rights movement but somehow he managed to learn nothing. This would explain his films that not only depict but glorify war, his war-mongering in Darfur, his support for Israel, his honorifics from the Pentagon.

The racism of his films is not accidental; he has the best (or at least, the highest paid) political consultants in the world. He knows he’s peddling racism & Orientalism. That’s why his films are now more action-packed propaganda than entertainment.

In this still from the film, the groveling Indian masses surround the white savior in obsequious gratitude.

Sentimental+version+of+Spielberg.jpg

http://angryarabscommentsection.blogspot.com.es/2012/11/steven-spielbergs-racism.html

Edited by supercool

The last one was terrible. Jones having a son.

Yeah, Indiana Jones should be retired or use a younger actor. I like Harrison Ford, but he's over 70 and doing all those great stunts would kill him. He was injured during Star Wars.

Why take chances? Unless, Jones will only teach college in this one?

Why not use Sean Patrick Flannery? He played the young Indiana Jones and he was good. He's only in his 40's now. He could do it.

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
Forgot to add something.

I hope for no torch-passing. Harrison Ford is Indy, simple as that. I don't want to see a series of Mutt films, nor do I want to see other actors' takes on Indy. It's not like Bond where there was an immediate need to replace Connery early in the franchise's history - Ford has been Indy for 35 years, no one should be allowed near the role besides him.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I hope for no torch-passing. Harrison Ford is Indy, simple as that. I don't want to see a series of Mutt films, nor do I want to see other actors' takes on Indy. It's not like Bond where there was an immediate need to replace Connery early in the franchise's history - Ford has been Indy for 35 years, no one should be allowed near the role besides him.

Aye.

Everything has to be a god damn franchise/trilogy these days, ugh.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I just anticipate that being Disney's master plan - for better or for worse. I mean, he'll be 77 when this actually comes out. The man looks good, but knowing Disney they'll want to milk this franchise too. Wasn't their original plan a flat out reboot with a younger actor? Not saying I'd like that either but I can't help but feel it's coming. Maybe they took this alternate approach so there isn't young Han Solo and young Indy at the same time.

On 3/16/2016 at 2:41 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Indiana will be eventually rebooted despite Ford's synonymousness with the role - you people know this as well as I do, Hollywoodland being bereft of ideas and reboot crazy.

People seem to forget but it has been already been rebooted in the past with a different actor

68158.jpg

P.S. Now that Shia LaBeouf went full Charlie Sheen I want him more than ever to return as the lead of the franchise :lol: