Adler Show Cancelled, Whiskey Twitter Teases GN'R Show

15 hours ago, Original said:

If Steven was out of Vegas/future reunion gigs he'd be chirping all over social media.  This gig probably cancelled to not tempt him to start mouthing off.    I'm leaning that cancelling this is good news.   If he were totally shut out of reunion he'd be off the deep end both literally and figuratively.   I'm saying this is good news. 

it would be awesome if he were there. hoping for the best!

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

He didn't say anything other than what the hopes.  He knows nothing.

Come on now. No matter what you think of Trunk,he's been in the business over a quarter century. He's tight with GNR members,past and present. Since it's such a small circle of people who are actually in the know right now,Trunk isn't going to betray those contacts by saying what he actually knows. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Come on now. No matter what you think of Trunk,he's been in the business over a quarter century. He's tight with GNR members,past and present. Since it's such a small circle of people who are actually in the know right now,Trunk isn't going to betray those contacts by saying what he actually knows. 

Yah I agree with what you're saying there....he didn't have to respond though.  That is saying nothing :)

20 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I'm sorry but I'm still missing where Eddie Trunk ever said anything about a GnR gig at the whiskey. 

I don't think he did that's why I'm wondering why Duff would've said to him about an interview if it was like that. I remember him tweeting about doing pre Vegas stuff. Someone posted a few pages back that they heard the band were pissed at Trunk for leaking information on the Whiskey. 

1 minute ago, Archtop said:

WhI read trunks response as letting us know Steven is in, it's ambiguous enough to cover his own back.

Little clues seem to be the way the band is giving out information. 

What?  Where did he say Steven was in?   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Ok...do what you want, but I'm going with Axl, Slash and Duff for sure, probably Dizzy, Fortus and Frank and hopefully Izzy and Adler but not expecting them until I hear different :)

i like your optimism though!

I'm gonna will or mojo Steven to be there!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

What?  Where did he say Steven was in?   

I did email him to make sure Steven was ok.. Haven't heard back yet but we'll see. Something tells me if he doesn't respond at all then things may be fine.. 

I'm not going to worry about Steven unless we get thru the Vegas shows and have still heard nothing. 

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

I did email him to make sure Steven was ok.. Haven't heard back yet but we'll see. Something tells me if he doesn't respond at all then things may be fine.. 

I'm not going to worry about Steven unless we get thru the Vegas shows and have still heard nothing. 

He already responded to the tweet @emybdc sent him.  My point was he has never said Steven was in (or out for that matter).  

5 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

He already responded to the tweet @emybdc sent him.  My point was he has never said Steven was in (or out for that matter).  

Yeah but even if Adler is in trunks not going to disrespect his boys and say "yeah they're in!! get excited for Vegas folks!!" Obviously at this point it's all a surprise

4 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Yeah but even if Adler is in trunks not going to disrespect his boys and say "yeah they're in!! get excited for Vegas folks!!" Obviously at this point it's all a surprise

I don't disagree, but he's also not going to say he's in if he truely doesn't know himself and again, this is all stemming from someone saying Eddie said he was in (which he didn't). 

To summarize...he never said he was in (this is fact).

He may not have said this bc he doesn't know...or bc he doesn't want to betray the trust he may have with certain members of the band who have told him what's up (this is speculation).

Adler is not going to be part of the reunion.  He no-showed an event with Slash.  He's not in the loop.  Slash and Duff know that Adler is not reliable.   Adler even said himself they don't think he's "cool" because of the drugs/alcohol issues.  There is not enough here for Slash and Duff to try to convince Axl that Popcorn should be back in the band.

It is too bad though, because his drumming fits this band better than anyone. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I don't disagree, but he's also not going to say he's in if he truely doesn't know himself and again, this is all stemming from someone saying Eddie said he was in (which he didn't). 

To summarize...he never said he was in (this is fact).

He may not have said this bc he doesn't know...or bc he doesn't want to betray the trust he may have with certain members of the band who have told him what's up (this is speculation).

Yeah I'm pretty sure we're saying the same thing. Trunk could very well know but he won't say anything. I'm just optimistic because I believe if Adler was truly out that a potential meltdown with him would be beyond cancelling two shows. But hey, we'll find out in 17 days

• Like 1

The whole point of that tweet to me is this: if Adler was not ok, Eddie would definitely know about it. And in that case, he wouldn't have said that he hoped it was good news.
So personally, I think it's pretty safe to assume Steven is doing fine and will probably show up in Vegas.

• Like 3

I said, I read trunks response to @emybdcas implying Steven is in.  (In what ever capacity)

"Let's hope that's good news that he's playing with another band...."

How many other bands could he be playing with?

Maybe it just me interpreting things the way I want them to be?

4 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I said, I read trunks response to @emybdcas implying Steven is in.  (In what ever capacity)

In short, he sounds like any other fan.  Fans have said the same thing in this thread.  No reason to take it as anything other than him hoping he is ok and that he hopes he will play.  That's all it is imo.

18 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

Adler is not going to be part of the reunion.  He no-showed an event with Slash.  He's not in the loop.  Slash and Duff know that Adler is not reliable.   Adler even said himself they don't think he's "cool" because of the drugs/alcohol issues.  There is not enough here for Slash and Duff to try to convince Axl that Popcorn should be back in the band.

It is too bad though, because his drumming fits this band better than anyone. 

I agree all signs point to Frank being the main drummer.

I guess we still could see Steven guest for 2-3 songs.

4 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Yeah but it wouldn't be giving anything away to simply say "Steven's fine".  Which suggests to me he doesn't know how Steven is.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

Yeah but it wouldn't be giving anything away to simply say "Steven's fine".  Which suggests to me he doesn't know how Steven is.

If Eddie knows Steven's fine, it might not have occurred to him that he should post that he's doing good. If you're in-the-know about something, I guess you can have a different perspective of things as opposed to people who know nothing.

Edited by Spirit

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

In short, he sounds like any other fan.  Fans have said the same thing in this thread.  No reason to take it as anything other than him hoping he is ok and that he hopes he will play.  That's all it is imo.

Except he can pick up the phone and talk to someone in the band anytime. None of us can do that.
If these cancellations by Steven were caused by health problems, I'm pretty sure Trunk would be aware and would not make those kind of comments on twitter. It's not his place to confirm anything since everything's been so quiet.

I don't know how many of you have met Steven,but he will talk your ear off. Maybe if he's involved the powers that be didn't want him bombarded with questions from fans/media just a week before the Vegas shows. Now,if they play the first six shows and we haven't seen or heard from him,then I'll be concerned. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Subtle Signs said:

I don't know how many of you have met Steven,but he will talk your ear off. Maybe if he's involved the powers that be didn't want him bombarded with questions from fans/media just a week before the Vegas shows. Now,if they play the first six shows and we haven't seen or heard from him,then I'll be concerned. 

This is exactly what I think.

It's clear that Steven is now taking up residency in the Vault. Sure way to keep him quiet. 

Seriously though, just a couple of more weeks guys, everything will be known. 

Edited by cooker