What song should open the first show?

What song should open the first show?  

220 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, wasted said:

DTJ, Bad Obsession, Pretty Tied Up, Perfect Crime, So Fine seem more likely but who knows? 

I'm expecting The Godfather solo and DTJ more. 

Maybe more songs from Spag Inc and Lies and AFD too. 

Really hoping to hear Coma. My favorite all time GNR song.

I wouldn't expect them to do any incident stuff. I expect them to rotate some of the more popular non main stream UNI stuff and even My Michelle in there as well. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Appetiteyourillusion said:

Really hoping to hear Coma. My favorite all time GNR song.

I wouldn't expect them to do any incident stuff. I expect them to rotate some of the more popular non main stream UNI stuff and even My Michelle in there as well. 

Who knows? It's all about the Kinder eggs so far. 

Coma would be awesome moment in the set for Slash and Axl. 

Having seen Axl in the frame for ACDC job makes me think why not. 

Opener, probably WTTJ or It's So Easy. RNDTH or Pefect Crime outsider options.

Otherwise, I hope there will be a bunch of epics in the shows. For example, Locomotive (with an extended five-minute outro), Breakdown, a version of TWAT (with a rawer/sleasier sound than the previous live versions) would be cool. Duff's 'No More' could work well. Maybe a couple of songs from It's Five o' Clock. 

Came to think about it. Beggars and Hangers immediately followed by Madagascar could be awesome. Slash stuff and Axl stuff put together. 

What I do not want to hear: NR. And not more than three or four songs from Appetite.

On 21 March 2016 at 8:52 PM, emybdc said:

Nothing could be bigger than hearing YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE???? right at the beginning. Gosh I got goosebumps just thinking about it.

This exactly! I don't know why we're even considering any other options. It's literally the most perfect song EVER to start this show of all shows. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dazey said:

This exactly! I don't know why we're even considering any other options. It's literally the most perfect song EVER to start this show of all shows. 

My POV is that the goosebumps are gonna there and the crowd is gonna go apeshit no matter what they open with. That's why I'm totally fine with Jungle getting thrown in wherever/whenever and don't so much care if it's the opener.

4 hours ago, Dazey said:

Because my idea of It's So Easy with an extended bass intro in the dark and when the drums come in the strobe lights start going off like crazy and they extend the entire intro to about 20-25 seconds and then when the song kicks into high gear the lights, smoke, confetti and pyro explode,  punching the crowd right in the fucking face is a better opening. Less cliche and more powerful. Jungel to open the encore is a better use of the song. 

7 hours ago, fastfingers666 said:

Izzy wrote part of it, as seen with the Farm Aid concert.

Written by Axl, Slash and Duff...all that performance tells me was that good ol Bill and Saul were forcing the two guys that made them whom they were out of the band. Typical UYI Izzy mix.  Loud enough but through a clean channel so when the big dirty Marshall kicks in,  he's lost.  Kinda like Cliff in Metallica.  Loud but lost as soon as James plays on the records because distorted bass don't mix with distorted guitar

With all the shit that's happened and still happening in the world with terrorism an other shit, i would like Axl to do a cover of John Lennon's Imagine. On his piano of course. NOT as a opening song but in mid show or something.

As opening i would like to hear It's so easy or Nightrain.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Would you be disappointed if they opened with Chinese?

This has been the most underwhelming opening for the past 6 years so yes. Jungle is literally the most perfect opening of all time, especially for this show. I don't even care if they play cd later in the set

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 1:29 AM, gunsguy said:

Open with One in a Million with full pyro then stand there like a fucking boss and take it all in.

Fixed.

For the record, I think they should just play AFD front to back to open.  At least for show #1. I think that would be awesome.

Edited by Saltzy
  • Like 1